Rising Above the Pandemic! 1st Cycle!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to see results pics! Hope it's a minor setback injury, nothing major.
Bruising is alive today and its purple. All in the muscle belly however and while the pain is very much alive function is there. Going to take the time to rest today and just keep cardio on the table.

YEsterdays workout was just too much volume and I had really focused heavy towards my Incline work the last month so the switch back may have just been too much.

Started off with a simple WmUp:

Barbell Bench:
135x15
185x15
225x15
275x10
315x10x4 Added a set from last week and didnt think too much of it and wish I had just stopped here.

335x8
345x8
365x6 I really have never repped this much weight so easy before.

405x1
405x3 .......Really what was I thinking
405x3.5 Was going to rep out but on the 4th rep pinch and a pop on the push upward. I finished the rep actually but knew something was wrong. I cant believe the stinging pain afterwards but no apparent deformity.

ROM is def better today and Im looking forward to healing on up. I can honestly say my weakest link isnt anymore and I feel so much better all around.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sucks to hear. Sounds like you understand where you crossed the line, which is a huge lesson to keep you progressing better longterm.

Most pec tears from bench are belly tears, not tendon, so nothing can be re-attached and surgery usually isn’t an option or helpful. But now you will be much more likely to re-tear that pec, so after you rehab it (check out the Bill Starr pec rehab if looking for ideas) you will need to be extra vigilant with mobility as well as tissue work to prevent and break up adhesions (and your scar tissue).

Never fully tore the belly or the tendon, just a few strains over years, but I’ve heard more than a few big benchers (and overhead pressers) promote wearing Donnie Thompson’s Bowtie during warmups to help get the shoulders in a safer position before bench training so the pecs aren’t so tight.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man I got myself a new personal computer. Oh how I have missed this forum!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote