RipFactor

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think MitoBurn by them is closer to 40.00; I think it was 37.99 last I looked.

We're doing both ways - we're making a single ingredient MitoBurn and we're doing it in a formula. I can't speak for them on how they price their products; they do huge ad campaigns so they do have to have more markup to support those. I can only say that ours will be a much better value (but probably won't ever outsell theirs bc of the marketing campaign of theirs).

On the point of RipFactor, based on feedback so far, I'm not impressed with feedback enough to offer it as a single ingredient. To me, I may include it in something, but not really interested in offering it as a single ingredient. I also suspect though that due to MOA, this might work very different in different people in terms of results. But I do think the ingredient itself didn't do itself any favors by being overhyped from the beginning and I don't think it will likely meet the hype expectations.
If it's expensive and doesn't seem to work why include it in anything

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would assume companies use hype ingredients with recognizable names to create a presence and attract consumers to the rest of their line.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
because it didn't work for person 1 ..doesn't mean that person 2 or 3 cant reap the benefits

plus it might be one of those things that it needs to be included with something and the synergy between them is what makes that one single ingredient work the best .. i believe that is what SNS is testing it out on how to bring it to the market where individuals can get the most out of it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would assume companies use hype ingredients with recognizable names to create a presence and attract consumers to the rest of their line.
I agree that that is the case with a lot of companies but has never been the case with us.

I could give dozens of examples of ingredients we've skipped over that we would have money off of that I didn't believe in so we didn't.

A good example is Turkesterone. The quality issues with this ingredient has been discussed enough here that the perception on AM is negative towards it. However, there's not a week that goes by that I don't get asked several times if we'd do one. I've probably lost a good deal of money by not doing one; and could have likely made good by doing what a lot of companies are doing and putting it in a formula for name value but then putting a couple of other ingredients with it that would work to 'cover' for the fact that the raws commonly available on it won't. But that's just not the way we do things. And yes, I've been told many times by retailers, and even a couple other company owners that that part of me is a bad businessperson and that I should just do it and give people what they're asking for.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree that that is the case with a lot of companies but has never been the case with us.

I could give dozens of examples of ingredients we've skipped over that we would have money off of that I didn't believe in so we didn't.

A good example is Turkesterone. The quality issues with this ingredient has been discussed enough here that the perception on AM is negative towards it. However, there's not a week that goes by that I don't get asked several times if we'd do one. I've probably lost a good deal of money by not doing one; and could have likely made good by doing what a lot of companies are doing and putting it in a formula for name value but then putting a couple of other ingredients with it that would work to 'cover' for the fact that the raws commonly available on it won't. But that's just not the way we do things. And yes, I've been told many times by retailers, and even a couple other company owners that that part of me is a bad businessperson and that I should just do it and give people what they're asking for.
I respect your brand :) You guys have proven yourselves several times especially with good ole XGels.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My statement that you were asking this in relation to is this (so people reading can follow along):
On the point of RipFactor, based on feedback so far, I'm not impressed with feedback enough to offer it as a single ingredient. To me, I may include it in something, but not really interested in offering it as a single ingredient. I also suspect though that due to MOA, this might work very different in different people in terms of results. But I do think the ingredient itself didn't do itself any favors by being overhyped from the beginning and I don't think it will likely meet the hype expectations.

^^^^ I've suspected and said since it was released that RipFactor may likely be one of those ingredients that work well for some people and not for others. What I haven't said was that we were approached about doing a single ingredient RipFactor before the public had even heard of it and we passed on it. You see how some companies always want to bring out, promote, or hype the 'new' thing; but in my post history you could see many times where I've said that isn't us. I want to provide products and ingredients that work. And sometimes going first isn't a good thing; I'm cool with sitting back and waiting for feedback and not jumping the gun on something bc I don't care about the credit or hype or praise for being first. I'd rather be known as the company that is going to make sure it works before offering it. I hope that makes sense.

Going along with what I said above about suspecting that due to the MOA, this might work very different in different people in terms of results, if you do something like that as a single ingredient product, you may have many people let down. But if people are asking for it and some people do like it, that's where maybe you include it in a formula that has other sound ingredients. That way the product works for everyone that uses it; so it RipFactor (or any other ingredient example) works for you, the product works even better, but even if it doesn't, the product still works. And in cases like this on our end, internally it would already be planned for to absorb any price increase that the ingredient would add so it wouldn't carry over to the customer anyway.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I respect your brand :) You guys have proven yourselves several times especially with good ole XGels.
Thank you. I really appreciate that. I respect you and that means a lot coming from you.

Dick-Hertz

Dick-Hertz

Awards
Rip Factor fizzle out? Anyone here get anything decent out of it? I suspect many plant-based anabolics (Ecdy, Turk, etc) can be decent adaptogens. (Recovery, energy, etc).

But building "3X MORE MUSCLE", yeah, how many times have we heard that...

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Rip Factor fizzle out? Anyone here get anything decent out of it? I suspect many plant-based anabolics (Ecdy, Turk, etc) can be decent adaptogens. (Recovery, energy, etc).

I don't think that enough companies have offered it at an affordable price at the correct dose for people to really try, for them to be able to form an honest opinion of it.

And I think that their marketing came off as so exaggerated that it deters some people, like what you said above. People take 3X more muscle to mean that you'll build this huge amount of muscle when what it really means is that in the study - if the placebo group gained 1 lb. of muscle over x amount of weeks, then the supplement group would gain 3 - which is 3x more muscle. Those aren't bad gains (if true and just using it as an example for anything, not RipFactor specifically), they're just not what comes to people's minds when they see something like build 3X more muscle.

I hope that makes sense.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I tried it. It didnt do anything.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
I don't think that enough companies have offered it at an affordable price at the correct dose for people to really try, for them to be able to form an honest opinion of it.

And I think that their marketing came off as so exaggerated that it deters some people, like what you said above. People take 3X more muscle to mean that you'll build this huge amount of muscle when what it really means is that in the study - if the placebo group gained 1 lb. of muscle over x amount of weeks, then the supplement group would gain 3 - which is 3x more muscle. Those aren't bad gains (if true and just using it as an example for anything, not RipFactor specifically), they're just not what comes to people's minds when they see something like build 3X more muscle.

I hope that makes sense.
Yeah, some are thinking in terms of 3 times more muscle than they currently have rather than 3lbs vs. a 1lbs. gain. Companies probably realize what some may be thinking but they have no intention of clarifying lol.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah, some are thinking in terms of 3 times more muscle than they currently have rather than 3lbs vs. a 1lbs. gain. Companies probably realize what some may be thinking but they have no intention of clarifying lol.
Exactly. And as good as they may feel that that is for short term marketing, it sets an ingredient up for failure or to disappoint bc it gives people unrealistic expectations that nothing could probably live up to.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
bumping for all ripfactor lovers or want to try .. now is the time.

Although this gives you way more then just rip factor .. heck of a deal.