Unanswered Rich Piana 5% Joint defender

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Has anyone tried this? I've been looking for a decent joint sup and a lot of guys on here recommend collagen type 2. This apparently has 2 grams of it per serve which is way higher than other recommended joint sups which usually have maybe 20mg type 2 collagen. It's a 66% yield but that still makes it over a gram. Am I missing something?

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Their joint support, liver support, carb powder and a few others get lots of love. I have never tried them but would use them.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Their joint support, liver support, carb powder and a few others get lots of love. I have never tried them but would use them.
I rate their liver and organ sup. All day you may is decent too I can just get bcaa sups way cheaper. I'm just curious how dymatise sells a collagen type 2 sup with like 30 day supply at 20mg (No other ingredients pretty much) and for the same price I can get 5% Joint defender with 10 or so ingredients including 2000mg of type 2 collagen per serve.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
And it has 250 mg of hyaluronic acid in it. That’s a big dose and that is not that cheap if an ingredient. Anecdotally, 250 mg and above (personally I like 300 mg) is where people feel the joint comfort.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Although glucosamine & chondroitin give me bad gas. Anyone else?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has anyone tried this? I've been looking for a decent joint sup and a lot of guys on here recommend collagen type 2. This apparently has 2 grams of it per serve which is way higher than other recommended joint sups which usually have maybe 20mg type 2 collagen. It's a 66% yield but that still makes it over a gram. Am I missing something?
I believe it is because the Kollagen II-xs isn’t just Collagen Type II, it’s a blend of Collagen Type II, Chondroitin sulfate, and Hyaluronic acid.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Amounts Per Serving

Magnesium (from dimagnesium malate): 50 mg

Chloride (from d-glucosamine sulfate potassium chloride): 340 mg

Potassium (from d-glucosamine sulfate potassium chloride): 184 mg

Jont Repair Comples

D-Glucosamine Sulfate Potassium Cholride: 3 g

Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM): 3 g

Collagen Type II 65% (from Chicken Sternum Cartilage (KollaGen II-xs)): 2 g

L-Proline: 2 g

L-Lysine Hydrochloride: 1 g

Chondroitin Sulfate: 500 mg

Hyaluronic Acid (from Chicken Sternum Cartilage, Sodium Hyaluranate): 250 mg

Cat's Claw Powder (Uncaria tomentosa)(bark): 100 mg

Masson Pine Extract (Pinus massoniana Lamb)(bark): 100 mg

Black Pepper Extract (Bioperine)(Piper nigrum)(fruit): 5 mg

Joint and Muscle Post-Exercise Inflammation Complex

DiMagnesium Malate: 250 mg

Indian Frankincense Powder (Boswellia serrata)(whole plant): 50 mg

Ginger Extract (5% Gingerols) (Zingiber officinale Roscoe)(root): 50 mg

Turmeric Extract (95% Curcuminoids)(Curcuma longa L.)(root): 50 mg

The hyaluronic acid is listed separate. It definitely seems to imply that 65% of the 2 grams is collagen type II

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Basically feeling like I'm falling apart. Left hip feels sore and that area is agrevated since my hernia op last year. My knees ocasionally feel pain if I twist in a random way when playing with my kids. Basically getting old (44). I don't even lift heavy but I neglect cardio. Was racing my kid across the park the other day thinking "ill go easy on him and let him win" ended up getting a stitch, left hip sore, lower back played up. Limped along behind him and he genuinely wasted me. He's only 7. Bit of a wake up call. I think it's time to do some proper warm ups and warm downs on the treadmill from now on, and do some stretches, and possibly dust off my bike.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Notice swanson sell 120 x 500mg caps of KollaGen II-xs for $13.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Need to look into this a bit myself. My shoulders have been popping and creaking lately even after getting away from barbell bench which was a lot of the issue. I know 5% gets a lot of praise for their products.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Basically feeling like I'm falling apart. Left hip feels sore and that area is agrevated since my hernia op last year. My knees ocasionally feel pain if I twist in a random way when playing with my kids. Basically getting old (44). I don't even lift heavy but I neglect cardio. Was racing my kid across the park the other day thinking "ill go easy on him and let him win" ended up getting a stitch, left hip sore, lower back played up. Limped along behind him and he genuinely wasted me. He's only 7. Bit of a wake up call. I think it's time to do some proper warm ups and warm downs on the treadmill from now on, and do some stretches, and possibly dust off my bike.
I’d just keep in mind none of these products are miracle workers, especially collagens. There are definitely studies showing benefit, but making sure to adjust training routine to improve strength and endurance in the right places and proper warm up/cool down will help them to keep you improving.

Solid results here though, although possibly funded by the company selling it.
Yes it appears effective and the alternative type 2 collagen (UC-II) has similar studies, so not sure you could go wrong with either.

I’d also say the other collagens (type 1,3,4) may be worth looking into as well.

If looking for more relief something like Boswellia serrata or Paractin may be worth looking into. SNS Joint XT contains both plus more and Life Extension has a joint formula with UC-II and Boswellia and some other extras.

Just tossing out some others to help you make an informed choice, although I don’t see anything wrong with the original product mentioned either.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Joint Support XT is the way to go has all your bases covered. Love the Boswells and egg shell membrane. Works phenomenal for the joints skip the Piana junk

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Joint Support XT is the way to go has all your bases covered. Love the Boswells and egg shell membrane. Works phenomenal for the joints skip the Piana junk

I wouldn’t say junk as I actually enjoyed their bcaa product but I do believe the SNS joint support Xt would be a better option. Mix in Cissus Xt and have all joints, ligaments cartilage angels covered. Joint support Xt works fast too.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you miss picking up heavy things and then putting them down with reckless abandonment? Do you miss the sound of the sonic boom created by your 400+ pounds of weight hitting the floor? Do you miss getting kicked out of Planet Fitness by triggering the Gainz alarm (some people refer to it as the Lunk Alarm)?
If the attack on your manhood, or womanhood, is caused by aching joints, then look no further! Chaos and Pain has your back with the Helios!
Once the refreshing taste of awesomeness hits your tongue, you will feel the indestructible confidence circulating throughout your battle-worn body.
Each serving has:
  • Essential Amino Acids – 3000mg: The building blocks.
  • Microlaction – 2000mg: Proteins that can inhibit Leukocytes from entering the joint cavities and causing inflammation.
  • Cissus – 1500mg: Encourages the generation of bone stem cells!
  • Vitamin C – 1500mg: The king of all antioxidants!
  • Curcumin – 1000mg: An herb used to combat inflammation!
  • Astragaloside Extract – 500mg: Used for centuries as an immune stimulator and inflammation fighter.
  • Bromelain (50 GDU) – 320mg: A proteolytic enzyme used for anti-inflammation and to aid in digestion.
  • 5-HTP – 300mg: Used to fight muscle soreness after your workout, and converts into the happy neurotransmitter Serotonin! Serotonin also helps to encourage stage 4 sleep!
  • Betaine – 200mg: Increases Nitric Oxide levels which help to improve blood flow. Better blood flow = better nutrient delivery and waste removal by the body = faster recovery!
  • Choline – 200mg: Don’t forget about the brain!
  • Piperine – 20mg: Makes sure your body absorbs all of Helios’s game time ingredients!
  • Silicon – 5mg: Used to help promote the synthesis of collagen. Collagen is used by the body for bone and connective tissue regeneration.
  • Vitamin K1 – 1mg: Involved in blood clotting, bone health, and metabolism.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Joint Defender looks like a solid formula. Only way to find out is by trying it. Get a bottle and give it a shot.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's ordered. I did look into joint xt too cos I've heard good thi gs however I was specifically looking into collagen and it doesn't list this.

Definitely need to start some static stretches either mornings or evenings. Hip pain that feels like arthritis can be linked to poor hamstring mobility and I notice that when I stretch out my left leg on a bench I can't keep it straight and touch my toes plus I get a pain up the back of my leg, around my hip and into my lower back. The right leg seems fine. My hernia surgery was on the left side so could be related. Possibly should have don't more stretches post op.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've heard this as well. I haven't tried them either but i know a lot of people use them and say they are good.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's ordered. I did look into joint xt too cos I've heard good thi gs however I was specifically looking into collagen and it doesn't list this.

Definitely need to start some static stretches either mornings or evenings. Hip pain that feels like arthritis can be linked to poor hamstring mobility and I notice that when I stretch out my left leg on a bench I can't keep it straight and touch my toes plus I get a pain up the back of my leg, around my hip and into my lower back. The right leg seems fine. My hernia surgery was on the left side so could be related. Possibly should have don't more stretches post op.

It’s always hard to diagnose these kind of things over text (since things like hip, pain, etc can mean several things).

I’d just keep in mind hamstring stiffness can be due to more things than just muscular tightness. For example if it’s a more shooting pain in the back of the legs it could be more in line with nerve issues (whereas something like nerve glides could help), etc.

Either way good luck hope it helps out and that you get some relief.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That
product is worth a shot. As far as collagen aim for 40mg of UC Type 2 collagen. sams club and Costco both sell a very affordable version of this. It’s like 115-125 40mg tabs for around 25$. Thats breaks down to around 20cents a day since you only need one tab.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

It’s always hard to diagnose these kind of things over text (since things like hip, pain, etc can mean several things).

I’d just keep in mind hamstring stiffness can be due to more things than just muscular tightness. For example if it’s a more shooting pain in the back of the legs it could be more in line with nerve issues (whereas something like nerve glides could help), etc.

Either way good luck hope it helps out and that you get some relief.
Indeed. It may actually be to do with my sciatic nerve in my left leg. It does feel joint related bug apparently nerve pain can feel like that too.

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My mother in law’s starting with osteoarthritis and has asked me to look for something to help. I’ve 2 bottles of Joint XT on the way for her to try

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My mother in law’s starting with osteoarthritis and has asked me to look for something to help. I’ve 2 bottles of Joint XT on the way for her to try
Nice! That's a good product as well. Can't go wrong with SNS when it comes to joint xt.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Formula aside, I needed something that’s in a low number of caps at full dose. The formula’s a brucey bonus
Just give her one tic tac a day. Formulas not quite as good but the number one thing is number of caps.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yep...get moving bro. It will only get worse if you dont. I took the wake up call and at 51 I am in much better shape than I was at 40

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep...get moving bro. It will only get worse if you dont. I took the wake up call and at 51 I am in much better shape than I was at 40
Yeah my problem is that for years I have been doing "workouts". Got a chin up bar, couldnt do one, now on a good day I can do 15 or so. Building up strength in squats and deads, I can dumbell fly decent weight.

Problem is as all this progressive resistance is going on giving you the illusion of getting in shape, shoulders getting bigger, arms too, hell go on a calorie deficit for a few months and you start seeing veins and striations etc. Your doing it, reaching middle age and looking like someone in their early thirties.

Then one day you go for a bike ride, or a run, or play some soccer and you realise your less fit than the fat guy who whizzes past you as your trying to cycle up a mild incline. Your in pain, gasping for air, contemplating getting a taxi home.

Strength training is all good but beware the illusion guys... Beware the illusion.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah my problem is that for years I have been doing "workouts". Got a chin up bar, couldnt do one, now on a good day I can do 15 or so. Building up strength in squats and deads, I can dumbell fly decent weight.

Problem is as all this progressive resistance is going on giving you the illusion of getting in shape, shoulders getting bigger, arms too, hell go on a calorie deficit for a few months and you start seeing veins and striations etc. Your doing it, reaching middle age and looking like someone in their early thirties.

Then one day you go for a bike ride, or a run, or play some soccer and you realise your less fit than the fat guy who whizzes past you as your trying to cycle up a mild incline. Your in pain, gasping for air, contemplating getting a taxi home.

Strength training is all good but beware the illusion guys... Beware the illusion.
This is true. Cardiovascular strengthening is so important to feel better inside and out.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks decent , I rotate btwn cissus & joint supportXT

I am also taking bulk collagen

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It arrived today. Taste is okay, went for strawberry lemonade. It has an oily mouth feel and aftertaste that doesn't sit too well with the stomach. A bit like some beef protein powders out there. I guess when your drinking chicken cartilage that has to be expected. 5% should possibly have gone with caps although a 13 gram serve would be a lot of caps.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also appointment with the doctor on Tuesday to assertain if my hip problem is joint, nerve or post surgery related.

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just purely on grounds of being nosey, how much does a Dr’s appointment set you guys back?

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nothing, thanks to the NHS. The downside is they don't want to spend any money unless they reeeeeeeally have to so even though I may have a joint issue the chances of getting any kind of scan or xray is like 0.2%. They will probably ask me where its sore, maybe get me to move around a bit and best case will be a prescription of painkillers (also free) but won't get to the route of the problem.

Generally I would need to not be able to feel my leg or be in complete agony when I walk to get extra stuff done. Maybe it's time for some acting classes.

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing, thanks to the NHS. The downside is they don't want to spend any money unless they reeeeeeeally have to so even though I may have a joint issue the chances of getting any kind of scan or xray is like 0.2%. They will probably ask me where its sore, maybe get me to move around a bit and best case will be a prescription of painkillers (also free) but won't get to the route of the problem.

Generally I would need to not be able to feel my leg or be in complete agony when I walk to get extra stuff done. Maybe it's time for some acting classes.
Ah, I didn’t realise you were a fellow brit. I thought you were a septic.

lovethesteel1980

lovethesteel1980

Awards
  • First Up Vote
it does work very very good but it made my jaw hurt ? and the reason i know it was joint support xt is cause i got off it pain went away got back on it pain came back ?