Reumatoid arthritis

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok so one of my best mates has been diagnosed with reumatoid arthritis and he doesn’t want to take the prescription stuff they’ve recommended as he loves cycling.
So I said I would help him with a list of anabolics that would possibly help with it..
So come guys what’s your opinions? Aas and sarms that would help him... cheers

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not sure anabolics can help with that. CBD may be another option.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just regular testosterone can reduce anti-CCP & RF levels.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know they did a test with deca on ra and it didn’t do anything but most roids were invented primarily to help with certain illnesses and conditions so I was hoping to find some that would help ra

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m literally just shooting from the hip here, but I’ve heard bro rumors that Ostarine can be good for connective tissue. Could be worth delving more into that, as low doses are super cheap.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'd look this up if I had time atm but.... heavy androgens are immunosuppressive, right? Since RA is an autoimmune disease wouldnt one of these aas lessen the body's ability to hurt itself - seemingly would have an effect on RA????

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m literally just shooting from the hip here, but I’ve heard bro rumors that Ostarine can be good for connective tissue. Could be worth delving more into that, as low doses are super cheap.
Funny I thought that too, I’m thinking on the line of good cycles ( bulking, cutting recomp) he can do that could help it and not do more damage.because its early days and ra is for life he’s thinking about the future.....

Last edited:
NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd look this up if I had time atm but.... heavy androgens are immunosuppressive, right? Since RA is an autoimmune disease wouldnt one of these aas lessen the body's ability to hurt itself - seemingly would have an effect on RA????
Yeah - the stronger the androgen the stronger the effect.

OP deca is a rare example of a anabolic compound which boosts the immune system.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

OP deca is a rare example of a anabolic compound which boosts the immune system.
Ok let’s have some good examples of aas he could use, tren for example?

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Correct; which is why RA is predominantly a female disease. Androgens decrease auto-antibodies that initiate the damage. They're DMARDs in their own right.

Thejoggernot

Awards
Yeh usually the treatment for that stuff is glucocorticoids, so the exact opposite of gear :( poor guy

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeh usually the treatment for that stuff is glucocorticoids, so the exact opposite of gear :( poor guy
Only for short durations. No longer than a few weeks at a time usually. Long term gluccocorticoids will kill you from opportunistic infection. Androgens have most of the same properties but less risk actually.

Thejoggernot

Awards
Only for short durations. No longer than a few weeks at a time usually. Long term gluccocorticoids will kill you from opportunistic infection. Androgens have most of the same properties but less risk actually.
Of course . Long term corticosteroid use is deadly. I've seen patients become septic from short prednisone burst . Scary stuff.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Some are immunosuppressive and some are not. Most are. Or most of the ones we use. 5AT is immunostimulatory for sure.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Yup, deca, 5AT (the **** in nolvadren xt), anavar or anadrol I thought (maybe neither, whoops)

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If I had an autoimmune disease, id probably get on a big dose of test, at least. That will lower your WBCs for sure.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think any AAS would be useful.

I was recently researching a Peruvian ant venom.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6367751

Interestingly enough, the species of Pseudomyrmex triplarinus has a venom that has been analzed and it seems as though it has some qualities which can be used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (Ward 2002). Its venom has anti-inflammatory properties (Pan and Hink 2000) and analgesic agents useful in treating autoimmune diseases, especially rheumatoid arthritis (Sukhwani). The venom has been extracted from the venom sac of the ant and the analysis shows that it has high contents of glycoprotein, heparin, chondroitin sulphate, polysaccharides and other hydrocarbons. It has high activity when it is highly purified, with very few adverse effects, allowing for long-lasting results.
Source : https://saraguitiprado.wordpress.com/ant-page/pseudomyrmex-triplarinus/

A laboratory in Lima is selling vials for injection of it.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally, I believe that most autoimmune diseases are linked to disturbances in gut flora, some caused by the use of antibiotics.
Pro-biotics may fail because a permanent colonization can not be achieved. If I had rheumatoid arthritis, I would try some very unconventional methods, like fecal bacteriotherapy. Fancy word, meaning : shoving a strangers sh1t up your own azz.

Seriously.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Personally, I believe that most autoimmune diseases are linked to disturbances in gut flora, some caused by the use of antibiotics.
Pro-biotics may fail because a permanent colonization can not be achieved. If I had rheumatoid arthritis, I would try some very unconventional methods, like fecal bacteriotherapy. Fancy word, meaning : shoving a strangers sh1t up your own azz.

Seriously.
I have heard it can do wonders lol

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea, well I gotta do something myself cuz I just got diagnosed with MGUS today myself. So now I gotta go get a bunch of tests to see exactly what it is.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
b-AET, it's not anabolic, but I know there are some studies on it's effects on rheumatoid arthritis.

He may consider giving invictus a try :)