Resting heart rate

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just wondering how many of us pay attention to our resting heart heart? Especially those blasting and cruising....

I hadn’t been but listened to the MPMD podcast and it was mentioned on there. I happen to track mine (along with many other things) and thought I would have a look.

we know that high RHR is a good indicator of early death and cardiac issues so I was pleasantly surprised than even on cycle I was able not just above 60 (pretty good), however, you can clearly see the impact of my blast as I’m normally sub 55 (or even 50) which (according to the charts) is athlete levels (basically a result of my consistent cardio and supplementation imo).

so if I wasn’t optimising everything else clearly on a blast I could be pushing higher (and as the years go on that could happen) so one I’ll be watching closer from now.

Another interesting (albeit obvious) side was that I was around 55 prior to my cut on a cruise dose of test and same lifestyle, post cut the only difference is I’ve maintained around a 14lb weight loss and it’s dropped my RHR to sub 50. Just that fairly little bit of extra weight did make a big difference really......

Attachments

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just wondering how many of us pay attention to our resting heart heart? Especially those blasting and cruising....

I hadn’t been but listened to the MPMD podcast and it was mentioned on there. I happen to track mine (along with many other things) and thought I would have a look.

we know that high RHR is a good indicator of early death and cardiac issues so I was pleasantly surprised than even on cycle I was able not just above 60 (pretty good), however, you can clearly see the impact of my blast as I’m normally sub 55 (or even 50) which (according to the charts) is athlete levels (basically a result of my consistent cardio and supplementation imo).

so if I wasn’t optimising everything else clearly on a blast I could be pushing higher (and as the years go on that could happen) so one I’ll be watching closer from now.

Another interesting (albeit obvious) side was that I was around 55 prior to my cut on a cruise dose of test and same lifestyle, post cut the only difference is I’ve maintained around a 14lb weight loss and it’s dropped my RHR to sub 50. Just that fairly little bit of extra weight did make a big difference really......
What device are you using to track this?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What device are you using to track this?
The oura ring bro, I’m not a fan of watches or bracelets on my wrist in bed so the ring works great for me (plus I trust it’s sleep tracking more than other devices)

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
RHR and blood pressure should be taken almost daily for blast and cruiser. Simply to monitor on the long run any chances. Someone can be healthy with a RHR or 75 and a HR mid day around 90 and that’s just how his heart works. Doesn’t indicate any possible cardiac issue. But someone who’s RHR evolved throughout the years and went from a certain amount to significantly higher IS a bad sign. I have a book with my BP RHR, heart rate mid day since I started blasting and cruising since 2019. Is my points were to be 20ish higher then when I started I would know damage were done. So far cycle or not my BP seems to stay around 120/69 and my RHR seems to go 5 to 10 points higher on nandrolones which is perfectly normal but goes back to 55-60 on cruise dose which is also a good sign that my heart seems healthy for now.

Captain_Action

Awards
I’m at RHR 50BPM on TRT 150mg/wk.
Right now it’s at 80 but BP is only 115/70.
I’m on a low dose of every.thing. LOL

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do monitor mine at rest and during exercise. Caffeine seems to have little effect at rest. During our lockdown, I basically sat on my duff and drank calorie-free energy drinks, I know lol. I test BP and HR after consuming 3 Bangs in about an hour and a half. So that is 900mg of caffeine in under two hours. NO INCREASE AT REST. Now that much caffeine and moving about increases both, not significantly but an increase non the less.

Things that seem to jack both up are exasperated if I am eating poorly. I can go from RHR of 75-80 and eat some pizza and we are up to almost 100. DMAA seems to raise my BP by 5 points and HR by 10.

Also, things that never had a negative effect on me in my 20's do so now at 37.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I do monitor mine at rest and during exercise. Caffeine seems to have little effect at rest. During our lockdown, I basically sat on my duff and drank calorie-free energy drinks, I know lol. I test BP and HR after consuming 3 Bangs in about an hour and a half. So that is 900mg of caffeine in under two hours. NO INCREASE AT REST. Now that much caffeine and moving about increases both, not significantly but an increase non the less.

Things that seem to jack both up are exasperated if I am eating poorly. I can go from RHR of 75-80 and eat some pizza and we are up to almost 100. DMAA seems to raise my BP by 5 points and HR by 10.

Also, things that never had a negative effect on me in my 20's do so now at 37.
* (exacerbated)

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I assume just a
home blood pressure monitor is going to tell you this.

I was looking for some info from the American Heart Association, and they have a little bit of info - such as what your target heart range should be for your age.

the continual monitoring is useful as one off readings can be affected by a variety of factors.

yeah the link you posted has the same info I’ve seen, between 60 and 100 for Jo public and athletes between 40 and 60

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was just looking at my RHR because I’m on 400mg test a week, on week 8. And my heart rate is 73 BPM. Before the cycle my RHR was 58. So I’ve been a little worried it’s too high.

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was just looking at my RHR because I’m on 400mg test a week, on week 8. And my heart rate is 73 BPM. Before the cycle my RHR was 58. So I’ve been a little worried it’s too high.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My rhr is always below 60, might even go down to 45 at times but is normally around 55 -59. On cycle it always goes up and this bothers me when I go to sleep. I like to have a low hr when I'm trying to sleep and I can feel if it's elevated. Nandrolones suck in this regard fo sure. They suck in general imo, lot's of sides that one shouldn't have to contend with.

manbeast1

manbeast1

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My resting hr on or off any sort of anabolic. I run at least 100 miles a month though too with lots of hiit
65B8C561-9F94-4680-BC8B-E06506378F9A.jpeg

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My resting hr on or off any sort of anabolic. I run at least 100 miles a month though too with lots of hiit View attachment 198485
yeah I’m pretty sure that it’s the running I do that keeps mine so good. I was on tren last blast and although it was clearly elevated from my cruise dose I think 63 is a good result on tren (and cutting).

i don’t run as much as you. Probably 65-75 miles a month but I’m consistent with it

manbeast1

manbeast1

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yeah I’m pretty sure that it’s the running I do that keeps mine so good. I was on tren last blast and although it was clearly elevated from my cruise dose I think 63 is a good result on tren (and cutting).

i don’t run as much as you. Probably 65-75 miles a month but I’m consistent with it
the running is what I use to keep ptsd issues at bay along with lifting the heavys. I’m almost positive the running is what keeps your hr in the clear on cycle.