Resting glucose came back flagged high at 101 out of a range of 70-99

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, I've long suspected that I'm insulin resistant and my glucose came back as 101 flagged high, but the comment the doctor put on the lab was my levels are "stable", though I assume even within the range that the high end is probably not ideal. I took the blood test after fasting for about 14 hours. Any input is appreciated.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are you looking for help with insulin sensitivity? You could look at any of the GDAs that are out. SNS glycophase is solid. Berberine is one of the top ingredients, but the new stuff, dihydroberberine should do a lot better. SNS is offering that as a single ingredient now too.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you looking for help with insulin sensitivity? You could look at any of the GDAs that are out. SNS glycophase is solid. Berberine is one of the top ingredients, but the new stuff, dihydroberberine should do a lot better. SNS is offering that as a single ingredient now too.
GDAs? Yes, anything that can help I'll take a look at, thank you.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure what your macros look like but I would start by dropping your carbs. As a type 1 diabetic, I follow a lower carb diet. I consume roughly 120 grams spread out over 4 meals. See if that helps you. I belong to a group here in Boston (majority are type 2 diabetics) that specializes in lower carb eating, time restricted eating and you would be amazed at how fast their diabetes gets better.
GDAs are helpful but you need to figure out the root cause of the issue.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure what your macros look like but I would start by dropping your carbs. As a type 1 diabetic, I follow a lower carb diet. I consume roughly 120 grams spread out over 4 meals. See if that helps you. I belong to a group here in Boston (majority are type 2 diabetics) that specializes in lower carb eating, time restricted eating and you would be amazed at how fast their diabetes gets better.
GDAs are helpful but you need to figure out the root cause of the issue.
Most of my sugar comes from dairy and protein bars. I usually only have 1 bar per day, but I wind up having to have a protein shake pretty often. I don't really eat a lot of processed food and there have been times where the only carbs I ate were brown rice. Could this also be genetic? I don't eat the purist, but I have friends that eat worse than me that are older and can loose weight no problem and I've struggled for half a decade. I'm also unemployed at the moment and living with family, so it's hard to get calories from just fat and proteins. I also don't really like eating sugar too much, because anything with sugar makes me very thirsty.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’d probably spend the $31 on a test rather than a supplement

And I would go to CVS, Walmart etc, get yourself a glucometer and some test strips. Check fasted in the morning and 2 hours after each meal. If you can afford it, check before each meal as well.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glycophase is legit!!! Get you a meter, check fasted in the am, before meals and after meals. I don't think 101 is to terrible.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So, I've long suspected that I'm insulin resistant and my glucose came back as 101 flagged high, but the comment the doctor put on the lab was my levels are "stable", though I assume even within the range that the high end is probably not ideal. I took the blood test after fasting for about 14 hours. Any input is appreciated.
It's absolutely nothing, your number is slightly high, it can vary day to day. If you been eating crappy lately you could cut back on carbs for a few days and test again and it would be lower. I've had days were fasted was 100+ and then the next day or 2 it's in the 80's

WeakerNU

Awards
I would not worry to much my man. Check like suggested in the morning is good and check to do. Mine runs 100-105 every year. But A1c comes back just under normal range. My insurance covers any blood once a year for a wellness examine. Maybe look into your insurance if this is covered? Get everything check cbc liver kidneys blah blah at least once a year. A1c is the one to add to this and will tell the story of your average blood sugar.