renegade rows

itzgambino

Awards
So I was doing back the other day when I felt I was bored with doing lat-pulldowns and attempted to substitute renegade rows for them. First, are renegade rows a valid substitution? Second, the rows hurt my wrists like crazy from leaning on the weight. Was I doing them wrong or is it there a key to the exercise?

stullsy

Awards
  • Established
dont sub renegade rows with lat pulldowns, you should be doing pullups or working your way up to doing a pullup with pulldowns and other back exercises.

renegade rows are mainly for core strengthening

itzgambino

Awards
in my routine i already do pullups, deads, t-bar rows, and usually pulldowns last, just thought it might be interesting to swap out the pulldowns with the renegade rows

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
in my routine i already do pullups, deads, t-bar rows, and usually pulldowns last, just thought it might be interesting to swap out the pulldowns with the renegade rows
If you are doing pull ups, you can cut out pull downs all together.
Closed chain kinetic moves for the win.

Renegade rows are an excellent exercise, but not if they injure your wrist. Lighten the weight, keep your wrist locked, focus on stabilizing your hips and shoulder girdle during the concentric phase.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have anything good to say about Inverted Rows?

I'm not strong on pull-ups, and I don't have the equipment at home to do pull-downs. So I thought Inverted might help strengthen me for solid pull-ups.

SamuraiSid

Awards
Anyone have anything good to say about Inverted Rows?

I'm not strong on pull-ups, and I don't have the equipment at home to do pull-downs. So I thought Inverted might help strengthen me for solid pull-ups.
Put your foot on a chair to lighten the load for pull ups.