Remembering back in the day

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
I use to go to a dermatologist back when i was younger and had some issues with normal acne. My brother had bad painful acne and i remember the DR. would inject them with Bacteriostatic Wate. Am i wrong on this.. it just get me thinking.. does anyone do this?

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I can't think of anything other then flushing the area. sounds like a placebo

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
yeah i was distracted with this issue all day the other day.. i cant understand it.. maybe i heard him wrong back then.. it was a good 10 years ago... but it always stuck with me.. i thought it was the neatest thing.. he would shoot it in, and it would just explode the acne... but i have a feeling just some sterilized water could do the same thing.. who knows

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bro are you sure it was bacteriostatic water? When I have cystic acne I go to the dermatologist and what he does is first inject the area with lidocaine to numb it. Then make a slight incision to drain it (like popping one yourself but with an opening already) and then sometimes injects it with kennalog. By the next day it is totally srunken and on it way to healing up.

Maybe it was something like the kennalog you remember?

Mr.50

yeah i was distracted with this issue all day the other day.. i cant understand it.. maybe i heard him wrong back then.. it was a good 10 years ago... but it always stuck with me.. i thought it was the neatest thing.. he would shoot it in, and it would just explode the acne... but i have a feeling just some sterilized water could do the same thing.. who knows

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
i think it is.. knowing what i know about BA... thats why it left me trying to reach back into my head to figure out why the hell he would use it...

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
that sounds extremely painful!!! was it?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Luckily it was not really painful. The lidocaine numbs the whole area up. Also for me luckily this procedure (though it sounds the opposite) actually stopped a lot of scarring from happening. I have some acne scars (everyone else says they can barely notice them but I am a bit self concious about them) from before I would go to the dermatologist right away. Then I started to go as soon as I started to get a serious cystic pimple. And this made sure that particular one did not cause a scar.

My skin has really gotten better in the last few years finally, but I still have problems some times like I was in puberty (especially during PCT). But it has gotten better to the point that I am looking into going to a plastic surgeon to get the scars I have removed.

Mr.50
that sounds extremely painful!!! was it?

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
eee....im so phobic when it comes to needles and such...

how much would it cost to get a single pimple injected?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
love2liftkat General Chat 93
Supplements 8