Relora before bed?

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Thinking of purchasing Relora to help with stress and a sleep aid. Thoughts? IF so, how much mg and do it before bed?

I wake up a few times at night and crave food LIKE CRAZY(and sometimes binge eat) but trying to stay under my calorie deficit is not happening when I do this!

Currently taking the PES Stack of Norcodrene and Shift during the day, my list pill is at 3:30pm(shift) and I go to bed around 8pm and sleep till 5am.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
this was found on line-

Looking at the 4 Relora studies listed on the New Pharmaceuticals website, this is what I see:

1. A study from 2001 of baby chicks noting less anxiety when Relora was injected. No measurement of cortisol was taken.

2. A pre-publication draft of a review paper (2005 study).

3. A pilot study from 2006 with a high dropout rate showing no significant cortisol reduction —but no gaining of weight either —compared to placebo. Both placebo and Relora group showed “significant” reductions in anxiety.

4. A pilot study from 2008 noting no significant reduction in cortisol levels, no change in appetite or body weight.

5. There are 4 studies listed but only 3 seem to be original scientific research.

6. Of the 3 original research studies, only 2 studies involved humans (the 2006 and 2008 studies). Both of these studies are preliminary studies (pilot studies) with small groups of people and both had a high dropout rates.

7. Neither of the 2 human studies of Relora showed that it significantly reduced cortisol levels.

this appears to be one of those Dr Oz medicine voodoo pills that work for Opra viewers! Studies were all done by the makers of the product- after reading more into this, ehh

more people seem to like Ashwagandha

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
500mg Relora pre-bed is awesome for me. Can't comment on effects on cortisol, etc but it made me sleep damn well.

A

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I use 250mg when I have high energy and know I will have trouble falling asleep. I've had success with it, and sometimes stack it with Chlorodex and/or Dopadex by AS (they are discontinued now, but I'm sure you can find these elsewhere).

Relora alone works well enough though. L-Theanine and Ashwagandha are other options.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Relora is amazing for anxiolytic effects and overall relaxation. I like 250-500mg mid evening and by bed time I am out.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yep. Works great for reducing anxiety. Myself and others have noted that high doses 750 x3times per day does appear to have a mild leaning effect.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can anyone who's used Relora by itself able to compare it to Ashwaganda/Rhodiola? From what I'm reading it sounds like the effects are more acute. I found with an Ash/Rhod combo my overall stress and anxiety was better, but I never "felt" anything after a dose.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
this was found on line-

Looking at the 4 Relora studies listed on the New Pharmaceuticals website, this is what I see:

1. A study from 2001 of baby chicks noting less anxiety when Relora was injected. No measurement of cortisol was taken.

2. A pre-publication draft of a review paper (2005 study).

3. A pilot study from 2006 with a high dropout rate showing no significant cortisol reduction —but no gaining of weight either —compared to placebo. Both placebo and Relora group showed “significant” reductions in anxiety.

4. A pilot study from 2008 noting no significant reduction in cortisol levels, no change in appetite or body weight.

5. There are 4 studies listed but only 3 seem to be original scientific research.

6. Of the 3 original research studies, only 2 studies involved humans (the 2006 and 2008 studies). Both of these studies are preliminary studies (pilot studies) with small groups of people and both had a high dropout rates.

7. Neither of the 2 human studies of Relora showed that it significantly reduced cortisol levels.

this appears to be one of those Dr Oz medicine voodoo pills that work for Opra viewers! Studies were all done by the makers of the product- after reading more into this, ehh

more people seem to like Ashwagandha
Incorrect.

http://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-10-37

I quite like Relora, especially before bed.

D

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone who's used Relora by itself able to compare it to Ashwaganda/Rhodiola? From what I'm reading it sounds like the effects are more acute. I found with an Ash/Rhod combo my overall stress and anxiety was better, but I never "felt" anything after a dose.
I use it at night. 250-500mg. Great stuff honestly. Helps get me to sleep.

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can anyone who's used Relora by itself able to compare it to Ashwaganda/Rhodiola?
Yeah, I would say the effects are more acute, mostly sleep related for me.

Disclaimer: I've used KSM-66 solo and Relora (500mg pre-bed solo). My acute sleep stack has been Relora + L-Theanine + 5HTP lately. Seems to be a winning combo.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yep. Works great for reducing anxiety. Myself and others have noted that high doses 750 x3times per day does appear to have a mild leaning effect.
Doesn't that make you feel too relaxed???

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, they aren't comparable really. Relora is very noticeable in it's ability to relax you and I don't feel is something that is great for daytime use unless you are really in need of an acute fix to relax. The nice thing is that there is no hangover feeling and doesn't make you drowsy, but for me, I can feel daily stress just fade away.