Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wasn't sure where to ask this question Nutrition/Health maybe Injury Rehab ??? But here I am. My wife has dermatitis and one of the ladies at her gym told she should try Red Light Therapy, she has a friend that has a friend, you know where this is going. I go to Planet Fitness sometimes and I have gotten in the Red Light Therapy Booth once or twice, but I have no problems for it to heal, so I don't know if it really does anything ??? Anyone ever use it to "Help" with a skin problem? Anyone have any insight?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, this is totally not what I thought you were talking about from the title. I had to come see just exactly what it was you were talking about. Had you pegged as a guy that definitely wouldn't use the red light district kind of "therapy" so I was certainly curious as to what this "red light therapy" is. 😂

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
From the responses I am the only person that ever heard of it ???

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I've never heard of it before. 🤷🏼‍♂️

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From the responses I am the only person that ever heard of it ???
Yes I have heard of it. It apparently works very well on breaking down muscle scar tissue. It’s something I might try when deep tissue massage and dry needling quit working for my calves.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The internet is full of anecdotes on this. You should read the infra red light bulb reviews on Amazon. Infrared light is very healing.

Also an infrared sauna might be an option. You can find them used for decent prices.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The internet is full of anecdotes on this. You should read the infra red light bulb reviews on Amazon. Infrared light is very healing.

Also an infrared sauna might be an option. You can find them used for decent prices.
That's an idea I like for sure !

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My 17 year old son fell with his arm fully extended out in basketball at first they thought surgery but opted out. Would this help something like that. Sorry not trying to high jack this but don't really know what to do.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I bought the red light flashlight for 200 bucks, they said shine it on your biceps before you do reps and you get YUUUGE lol.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Interesting. I haven't heard about red light therapy but my grandmother used a tanning lamp for psoriasis to some avail. It certainly wasn't a cure all but it was something that did help a bit. That said light therapy for skin ailments does seem to be legit. Having been around a few people with skin problems (and to an extent myself) anything that might help is worth a try!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you
ANABOLICWRWLF

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The first time I went through shoulder tendinosis, I bought a red light to use on it and I believe it did work in aiding in the recovery.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The first time I went through shoulder tendinosis, I bought a red light to use on it and I believe it did work in aiding in the recovery.
My wife is thinking of buying one also.