recovery technique to maximize mass

M

mp420

Awards
recovery technique to maximize mass

I want to try training the following muscle groups like triceps - biceps - shoulders recovery 45 seconds
on the chest - 1 minute backbone
legs 90 seconds
I want to implement this technique for maximum mass expression

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
those rest preiods are more likely to increase endurance vs mass... your intensity and strength will likely tank with only 45 sec rest between sets

M

mp420

Awards
I do not think so
there is no proof that shows what you say

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Stop complicating things and just work out. I love doing short rest like 15 sec to 1 min. I've also done long rest 2-4min. Notice no difference in muscle gains. Only thing I notice is longer rest gives me more strength on the next set

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also there's nothing about recovery in your post lol

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
those rest preiods are more likely to increase endurance vs mass... your intensity and strength will likely tank with only 45 sec rest between sets
I agree. 45 sec is usually the rest time for rest pause sets. But he should just put the theory to test and prove us wrong.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I refer to rest pause I reference DC training. Rack the weight, take 10-15 deep breaths and begin lifting again (about 45secs)
We are splitting hairs here, but I've been following R/P training for many years and my rest has always been around 15 sec max. Anecdotally, beyond that and the benefit of a big set are lost if your cardio capacity is high and anything beyond 20-30sec are spent. I have no actual proof of this, but no matter the weight or volume, my HR is down into resting range in ~30sec.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We are splitting hairs here, but I've been following R/P training for many years and my rest has always been around 15 sec max. Anecdotally, beyond that and the benefit of a big set are lost if your cardio capacity is high and anything beyond 20-30sec are spent. I have no actual proof of this, but no matter the weight or volume, my HR is down into resting range in ~30sec.
To each his own. I’ve heard a lot of different definitions for rest pause. 10-30 makes sense to me depending on the load. Yesterday I did a cluster set that was essentially rest pause. 15 reps of dead’s, 10 secs between each rep. I used a weight I could do for 3, and with the rats got 15.
When doing a heavy set like how DC training prescribes it takes me much longer than 45 secs for my heart rate to come down. With lighted loads, it’s usually a whole lot quicker.