Recovery of spermatogenesis following testosterone replacement therapy or anabolic-androgenic steroid use

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Found this article and thought it would be an interesting read to some of the folks here. I'm guessing someone somewhere has referenced it at some point on here, but good to have it in its own topic to discuss.

Thoughts on the article? Curious to see all of your thoughts.

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Related:

Participants either received two implant pellets each containing 135mg of MENT acetate calculated to release 400mcg daily, or three 600mg testosterone pellets, with one given every 12 weeks. Both groups received 68mg of etonogestrel. Both groups experienced significant reduction in sperm production, with 80% of both groups going from an average of 55 x 106 mL to just 1 x 106 mL after 12 weeks of supplementation.8

Recovery from MENT was much more rapid than from testosterone. The recovery period was 16 weeks for the MENT group, in which semen concentration increased to over 20 x 106 mL—whereas the testosterone group still had azoospermia until after 28 weeks.8
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/steroids/wiki/trestolone

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interesting. Ment is supposed to be super suppressive ...

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
400mcg daily? Thats less than 0.5mg per day.

We dose 100x that.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ment was originally developed as a male contraceptive if memory serves me correctly.....

on the original article the hcg dose at 500iu eod to maintain fertility was interesting - that’s higher than we typically use to keep the boy in the barracks but my assumption was always that was a fertility basis as well.....

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ment was originally developed as a male contraceptive if memory serves me correctly.....

on the original article the hcg dose at 500iu eod to maintain fertility was interesting - that’s higher than we typically use to keep the boy in the barracks but my assumption was always that was a fertility basis as well.....
Yeah, 250 to 500 yields very similar results. They referenced the same study that we usually do however.

What's more interesting is the slow but steady rise to the market of enclomiphene.