Recovering From Injury

J

jdubby

Awards
Hi everyone, I'm new here and looking for some guidance. I have been an athlete all my life (baseball, tennis) and always have performed some type of weight training regimen (However, I would not consider myself a bodybuilder). I'm 40 yrs old, 6'0, 180lbs and recently had a rotator cuff surgery that has me on a slow recovery and losing weight, muscle, etc.

My doc has me on a fairly low TRT dose (150 Test Cyp week) but I was wondering if there is anything I could compound with this TRT to heal faster and speed muscle building? I have heard that peptides (or a mild AAS) may help, but I was curious if anyone had any experience or wisdom on this subject? Thanks!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GH is the holy grail. There's really nothing else that will come close to the healing properties as well as the plethora of other benefits. Realistically you are just going to have to suck it up and get it back when you start your therapy. If you want to go the peptide route, anecdotally, tb500 is probably your best bet. Ipamorelin is worth a look too.

J

jdubby

Awards
Thanks for the insights. Yes, I think it's possible for me to get on a low dose of HGH, but the cost is pretty significant (at least from my doc). TB 500 was exactly what I was looking at, but seems kind of hit or miss on where to get it, if it's legit, etc. Have you personally had experience with HGH?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
BPC-157 seemed to help me tremendously after my Labral repair.

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
In random order:
MK-677
Ipamorelin
CJC-1295
Boldenone (Equipoise or TD)
Hydrolyzed Collagen peptides
Nandrolone
Anavar
BPC-157
TB-500
BCAAs
high protein intake, maintenance calories
Cardio
Stretching
Cortisol blockers (11-kt, 7-keto, Invictus)
Fish oil
Turmeric
Vitamin D
Vitamin C

There are some more im sure, I just cant remember right now. Do some research on all of them. Examine.com and/or ergo-log.com have good info for most of these.

J

jdubby

Awards
Wow thanks, this is super helpful. I'm starting on weighted resistance PT right now and have also developed tendinosis (lucky me) in both shoulders, so I'm really looking to restore my ROM and then, once I actually start weight training again, I would like to recoup some of my lost gains with some help. What you provided is incredible, so thanks. Any advice on peptides? Seems a little dicey online...

J

jdubby

Awards
That's awesome and I heard good things. Any advice on what to look for when getting some?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're fishing for source help man, not gonna get it. Just do your research lol. You can find out what is legit and what isn't.

J

jdubby

Awards
Yes, I guess that seems like I'm fishing. Sorry, I was just wondering if there was a way to differentiate good from bad when it comes to peptides. The prices are super varied, but I will continue to research and appreciate your help!