Guest viewing is limited

Recomp Diet - Suggestions/Thoughts Please

blongo804

Veteran member
Hey everyone!

I've been on a "bulk" since 12/4/17, and thinking I may want to move more into a recomp style diet as 1) it's been suggested to me and 2) seems it may fit my needs best right now.

Currently I'm averaging around 360-370c, 250-260p, 110-115f and have gained about 1lb/week since 12/4. I went from 185-203 from then til now, so I'm currently 6'1"ish, 203lbs, 25 years old.

My goal is to not only gain strength, but start getting leaner/more cuts. My end goal is to not only look strong but be strong as well. I'm *thinking* my bulk is going in the wrong direction suddenly. The first 8lbs or so, my waist remained where it started, around 34 1/4", but now I'm right near 36" which is what's triggering this post.

I've been told a recomp diet usually consists of higher protein, lower carbs, and moderate fat. If I lowered protein near 1g/lb, maybe keep fat around .4g/lb, and carbs 1-1.25g/lb, would that be sufficient? I understand it'll be trial and error, but just wondering your thoughts on where to start. My last "maintenance" I've noticed was around 3000-3100 cals.

Below are some pictures that I hope aren't as astronomically big as the post preview is making it seem. If they are, i'll downsize so they're better. The top/bottom pictures are top=after, bottom=before. The left/right is left=after, right=before. There's a month between pictures (I believe end of Feb-end of March).

Invalid Link Removed

Invalid Link Removed

Invalid Link Removed

My main concern with a recomp is that my body is still not at an optimal point to do so. I may be totally off track there though. I'd appreciate any thoughts!
 
Hey everyone!

I've been on a "bulk" since 12/4/17, and thinking I may want to move more into a recomp style diet as 1) it's been suggested to me and 2) seems it may fit my needs best right now.

Currently I'm averaging around 360-370c, 250-260p, 110-115f and have gained about 1lb/week since 12/4. I went from 185-203 from then til now, so I'm currently 6'1"ish, 203lbs, 25 years old.

My goal is to not only gain strength, but start getting leaner/more cuts. My end goal is to not only look strong but be strong as well. I'm *thinking* my bulk is going in the wrong direction suddenly. The first 8lbs or so, my waist remained where it started, around 34 1/4", but now I'm right near 36" which is what's triggering this post.

I've been told a recomp diet usually consists of higher protein, lower carbs, and moderate fat. If I lowered protein near 1g/lb, maybe keep fat around .4g/lb, and carbs 1-1.25g/lb, would that be sufficient? I understand it'll be trial and error, but just wondering your thoughts on where to start. My last "maintenance" I've noticed was around 3000-3100 cals.

Below are some pictures that I hope aren't as astronomically big as the post preview is making it seem. If they are, i'll downsize so they're better. The top/bottom pictures are top=after, bottom=before. The left/right is left=after, right=before. There's a month between pictures (I believe end of Feb-end of March).

Invalid Link Removed

Invalid Link Removed

Invalid Link Removed

My main concern with a recomp is that my body is still not at an optimal point to do so. I may be totally off track there though. I'd appreciate any thoughts!
I dont personally have much luck with recomps, so i won't advise. But i will point out that the reason you are getting the wrong bulk might be fats. I find to bulk leaner, i need to keep protien and carbs high like p-45% c-50% and f-5% of calories.

There are a lot of theories of course. But my body gets fat if i mix to many fats and carbs. Then i follow up with a reversal of fats and carbs for a cut. Thanks for the post, it'll be interesting to follow.
 
I dont personally have much luck with recomps, so i won't advise. But i will point out that the reason you are getting the wrong bulk might be fats. I find to bulk leaner, i need to keep protien and carbs high like p-45% c-50% and f-5% of calories.

There are a lot of theories of course. But my body gets fat if i mix to many fats and carbs. Then i follow up with a reversal of fats and carbs for a cut. Thanks for the post, it'll be interesting to follow.

Thank you for your thoughts!

I've never seen that type of macro split, but I will certainly look into it. I definitely don't claim to be a macro setting pro after all.

I'm open to anymore opinions/thoughts/anything.
 
Back
Top