Recomp cycle: thoughts?

S

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey all looking to run a small recomp cycle of the holidays where I can focus on working out without school in the way. I was thinking of something like this:
Starting:
240lbs
16%bf from electroscale
Deadlift 600lbs
Squat 500lbs
Bench 315lbs

Goal:
12% bf and 235lbs. Not sure if realistic goal? Idk if realistic so help me see the realistic possiblity if I'm off ha

1-8 Test P 200mg/wk
1-8 Epiandro 1200mg/day
1-8 T2 600mcg
4-8 Msten 30mg/day
1-8 TD dienogen 100mg/day
1-8 hCG 500ius 2x/week (more due to fertility purposes, doctor prescribed rn)

PCT
Clomid 50/50/25/25
Nolva 20/20/10/10
OTC test booster, I worked at GNC so I'll just use one I got for free. Not sure of name rn.

Also using cjc w/dac 4mg/wk and mk677 12.5 mg day as I just started taking it again.

Diet plan:
2700 calories
260g protein
237g carbs
75g fat
Plan is to eat 75% around workout time, mostly the carbs. Carbs only in morning and pre/post workout.

Workout plan:
Not fully set with exercises and reps/sets. Will be push/pull/legs/off and just follow that cycle. LISS at 60mins MWF at night.

Curious on ways to help with recomping? What would you change? I was thinking the carb timing would help? Also on test P dosage... Too much or not enough?

Thanks

U

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Well, I can't help a lot, but that seems a good cycle to me. Have an AI on hand, as test p plus HCG can give you high E2 issues. Dienolone is a great roid, you can even take 150 mg ED if you tolerate sides, just start at 100 mg. Prolactine can give you issues too, but dienolone is milder than tren.
Also adding TUDCA and/or NAC along with m-sten is a good idea.
I believe nolva plus clomid for PCT is overkilling, one of them should be enough. Just expect a full suppression from dienolone.
With a normocaloric diet dienolone can do its magic, I loved the look it gave to me in my last cutting cycle.

F

Flyboy84

Awards
Recomping at your size will be hard, but not impossible.

I personally would up your prop dose to 300mg/wk min. 200 just isn't enough to help you add mass in a cal deficit. I'd also put the msten at the front and drop the amount to 20mg per day. Msten is very strong and has always been a bulking compound for me so you won't need that much, especially with everything else you are running. It puts on a lot of glycogen and water, which can be a huge let down going into PCT and losing 10lbs in a week. It also stomped my appetite into the ground, so take advantage of that side at the start.

2700 cals is way too low. I plugged your info into a TDEE calculator, making a couple guesses about your height and age, and came up with roughly 3600 cals for maintanence. Start out at about 3300 cals and make adjustments from there. Going too low will cause you to lose muscle you want to keep.

PCT looks good. Just have an AI on hand, I like exemestane.

Overall, looking at your goals and assuming this isn't your first rodeo, you might want to look into a lower dose test p/ tren ace cycle. Something like an eight week 100mg test/ 75mg tren MWF and seeing how you handle it. You could hit your goals and possibly have less sides than using a bunch of orals. Something to think about.

Good luck and post some updates.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was going to suggest cutting instead, but looking at your proposed kcal intake Id say thats exactly what youll be doing anyway.

Your carb timing looks good. It wont make or break your goals, but it certainly wont hinder them.

Im interested, why youd prefer to take over a gram of epiandro everyday but not pin masteron instead?

Why T2 and not T3?

Last edited:
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was going to suggest cutting instead, but looking at your proposed kcal intake Id say thats exactly what youll be doing anyway.

Your carb timing looks good. It wont make or break your goals, but it certainly wont hinder them.

Im interested, why youd prefer to take over a gram of epiandro everyday but not pin masteron instead?

Why T2 and not T3?
@SouthPawSD loves him some epiandro 😜

cycle looks solid bro. Based on what I know you’ve run before you should respond well.

I’m guessing there’s a reason you’re staying away from tren?

I liked msten, I think you’ll need to push that dose a touch though. Agree with the above in that prop at 300mg may just benefit a touch more.

you logging it?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ah, durrr, I didnt recognise his name at first but now I remember...I shouldve put 2 and 2 together when I saw his lift numbers.

S

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Recomping at your size will be hard, but not impossible.

I personally would up your prop dose to 300mg/wk min. 200 just isn't enough to help you add mass in a cal deficit. I'd also put the msten at the front and drop the amount to 20mg per day. Msten is very strong and has always been a bulking compound for me so you won't need that much, especially with everything else you are running. It puts on a lot of glycogen and water, which can be a huge let down going into PCT and losing 10lbs in a week. It also stomped my appetite into the ground, so take advantage of that side at the start.

2700 cals is way too low. I plugged your info into a TDEE calculator, making a couple guesses about your height and age, and came up with roughly 3600 cals for maintanence. Start out at about 3300 cals and make adjustments from there. Going too low will cause you to lose muscle you want to keep.

PCT looks good. Just have an AI on hand, I like exemestane.

Overall, looking at your goals and assuming this isn't your first rodeo, you might want to look into a lower dose test p/ tren ace cycle. Something like an eight week 100mg test/ 75mg tren MWF and seeing how you handle it. You could hit your goals and possibly have less sides than using a bunch of orals. Something to think about.

Good luck and post some updates.
Ya I've done tren A before at 215mg/wk before. I just had the worst time recovering from it. Not sure if I want to go through that right now where my wife and I are going to be trying for a family in the near future. Even though with enough hCG it shouldn't be a problem, would rather avoid a harder recovery if possible.

Also after further looking into it I think I am going to just go full on cut. I'd rather be a good lean base and like you said recomping would be harder at my size. If I do it right I could cut and then lean bulk for 8-9 months following it hopefully.

Also I'm 26yrs old and 6'4" to see if you guessed right haha

Why T2 and not T3?
Ya after thinking about it Im guessing cutting will be better in my position. And I think id be able to see better results, which when I get sent to quarantine almost once a month from my job is probably better so I don't get depressed lol

As for the EPI vs Mast, I had a bunch of epiandro lying around from a sale. I have had a few people come and ask for recommendations of first cycle, and if they don't want needles I recommend Epiandro with another oral depending on goals. Anyways I had a friend who was freaked out by ordering them online, so I ordered them for him during a sale and just doubled up and charged him more lol

Also I have never tried Mast before or really looked into it. Now that I am done with college baseball (shoulder injury couldn't keep up and didn't want another surgery, so I just hung up the glove) I will probably look into it more. From the little I remember I thought most people only took Mast at the end of cycle when <10% bf as a hardener? Maybe I am getting it confused with other AAS. I just never saw a reason to take it unless I was going for that low of BF.

I was originally using T2 because I thought it would be better since I was going to recomp, but now that I am cutting Ill probably switch to T3. Was also interested in using Gain Green from Gainbusters that I picked up to give a go.

cycle looks solid bro. Based on what I know you’ve run before you should respond well.

I’m guessing there’s a reason you’re staying away from tren?

I liked msten, I think you’ll need to push that dose a touch though. Agree with the above in that prop at 300mg may just benefit a touch more.

you logging it?
Lol you know I love me some Epiandro PWO man. Honestly I think every cycle I've just had it around for an occasional boost. The only think I liked more for a PWO was Test base, now that was some stuff!

Like I mentioned previous, I felt like tren was a hard recovery for me. Also with hopefully trying for a kid in the near future kind of worried for it. I liked tren, but I think for me I would probably run it at a lower BF. When I peaked for a powerlifting meet when on tren I hit PRs of 700lb deadlift and 595 squat, so definitely know what it can do strength wise lol.

Also I'm thinking Ill drop the Msten. I haven't cycled for a good 10 months, so I think ill just start out with the least possible. Now I'm thinking something like:

1-8 Test prop 350mg/wk
1-8 Epi @ 900mg/day (miscalculated how much I had)

for those who have used Dienogen, How was the suppression? Not sure if I want to save it for later or if now is a good time to go for it.

Sorry for delayed responses, School is a nightmare when your in your final year before applying to medical school.

Reactions: Nac
S

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also I'd probably log it, now that I am in control of my workouts and I don't have to worry about performance in sports.

S

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So after some more research and looking at goals, I'm thinking of doing TestP/TrenA/MastP at 75mg of each. My source calls it Rippex. Do people normally react to mast in a bad way? I know how my body reacts to tren and test, so not too worried about it. I would just save money in a blend versus buying sperate ( plus less ml of oil).

I talked to a doctor friend of mine who knows I cycle, and he recommended I do 1000ius per week of hCG for those more concerned with fertility. Then last week use 2000ius of hcg to kick start pct.
PCT is pretty normal. Would do clomid for 2 weeks, first week 50mg second week 25mg. Nolva at 20/20/10/10.

I figure dienogen will suppress me anyways, and I know how I react to tren anyways so I can combat it.

Thoughts? Would still be 8 week cycle.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Main negative reaction people have with masteron is potential hairloss. Some, a minority, get a little anxiety. But overall its well tolerated and only has positive effects.

S

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Main negative reaction people have with masteron is potential hairloss. Some, a minority, get a little anxiety. But overall its well tolerated and only has positive effects.
Thats what I was finding so far so I think I will go with the blend unless someone has had horrible experiences with blends and sways me to stay away from it lol

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So after some more research and looking at goals, I'm thinking of doing TestP/TrenA/MastP at 75mg of each. My source calls it Rippex. Do people normally react to mast in a bad way? I know how my body reacts to tren and test, so not too worried about it. I would just save money in a blend versus buying sperate ( plus less ml of oil).

I talked to a doctor friend of mine who knows I cycle, and he recommended I do 1000ius per week of hCG for those more concerned with fertility. Then last week use 2000ius of hcg to kick start pct.
PCT is pretty normal. Would do clomid for 2 weeks, first week 50mg second week 25mg. Nolva at 20/20/10/10.

I figure dienogen will suppress me anyways, and I know how I react to tren anyways so I can combat it.

Thoughts? Would still be 8 week cycle.
i ran than rip stack this summer bro. Combined it with some peptides for fat loss and had a great run, probably my best blast.

mast doesn’t do a massive amount itself, dries you out a bit and there’s some feel good benefits.

I did want to **** anything and everything so watch out for that as you’ve not been married long 😂

as above hairloss is brutal on it for some guys