Recommend vitamin/supplement staples

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
So I've been out of the lifting and supplement game for several years due to multiple injuries/surgeries and I'll finally be able to return shortly.

I was wondering what people were taking nowadays and why? Weight lifting specific supplements along with general health vitamins.

Im currently 36 and 200lbs and before all the **** that happened hardcore gym attendee. More into heavy lifting and building raw strength rather than worrying about being "pretty looking" in the gym.

I will go back to using whey protein, a multi, omega 3 6 and 9, milk thistle, saw palmetto, creatine, BCAAs, a preworkout, and a post workout.

Currently I would be taking these particular brands:

Whey protein isolate from american whey (cheap and pretty decent)

Multi vitamin as of now sticking with orange triads

Preworkout- my favorite was mixing dr Jekyll and hyde (I want the crazy energy and pumps)

Im open to suggestions for any supplement and brand, but please say why specifically. So many new things have come out since I have left the gym.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations on your successful recovery, and welcome back to lifting dude. There certainly have been a lot of great supplements that have come out over the last few years.

It sounds like you have a good general idea for staple supplements. The lineup you provided is solid, and should be all you really need to get back into the swing of things. My only suggestion/recommendation for a staple product would be IntraMax. IntraMax is a daily ergogenic product that would cover your creatine, BCAA, and other daily staples. It contains a complete profile to help with hydration, power output and performance, and daily staple vitamins. It's a great all in one product.

Other than that, I would stick to what you have right now and see how everything goes. If you search "preworkout" in the Supplement Section, you'll find tons of info and forums on the latest and greatest products. My go-to's for now are Kraken and Hypermax.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations on your successful recovery, and welcome back to lifting dude. There certainly have been a lot of great supplements that have come out over the last few years.

It sounds like you have a good general idea for staple supplements. The lineup you provided is solid, and should be all you really need to get back into the swing of things. My only suggestion/recommendation for a staple product would be IntraMax. IntraMax is a daily ergogenic product that would cover your creatine, BCAA, and other daily staples. It contains a complete profile to help with hydration, power output and performance, and daily staple vitamins. It's a great all in one product.

Other than that, I would stick to what you have right now and see how everything goes. If you search "preworkout" in the Supplement Section, you'll find tons of info and forums on the latest and greatest products. My go-to's for now are Kraken and Hypermax.

Do you happen to have the amounts of bcaas and omega 3 6 9 one serving contains? They are listed in proprietary blends

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Do you happen to have the amounts of bcaas and omega 3 6 9 one serving contains? They are listed in proprietary blends
IntraMax doesn't contain any omegas or fatty acids - this would be best to get from a separate fish oil or omega supplement.
It does contain BCAA's. I'm not positive on Isoleucine and Valine, but it does contain 3g of Leucine per serving (which is the most important BCAA because of it's high oxidation rate and triggering of muscle protein synthesis)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like said above it looks like you have your staples down pat. I would recommend checking seismic surge by hard rock supplements if you like strong pre workouts. Also, since you have your staple supps down you could check out a natural anabolic to cycle in and out of your staple stack.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Like said above it looks like you have your staples down pat. I would recommend checking seismic surge by hard rock supplements if you like strong pre workouts. Also, since you have your staple supps down you could check out a natural anabolic to cycle in and out of your staple stack.
Thanks for the suggestion on the preworkout i'll look into it.

As far as a natty anabolic cycle, I'm pretty experienced in injectibols and will go back to those as well once I'm back on the right track. No point in using them until I teach a certain point.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This is what I would suggest:

If cost is not an issue:
XF 2.0 (LCP, Cinnamon Roll, Mocha, Chocoalte Mint)
MSI Lean Whey (Lean Charms, Oatmeal Cookie etc...)
Ghost Whey
Beverly UMP (CNC is amazing)
Metabolic Nutrition (PB Cookie is GOAT)

A little costly but not breaking the bank:
MTS (Pumpkin, Red Velvet, PB CnC, CnC, Triple Aussie Biscuit)
Nutrabio
Iforce Protean (Blueberry & RV)
Sparta Nutririon (Cinna Crunch and PB Cups)

Cost Effective:
Dymatize Whey (Choc PB, Choc Cake Batter, Snickerdoodle, Chocolate Fudge)
Cellucor (Cinn Swirl, Choc PB, Molten Chocolate)
PES (Vanilla, WCM, PB Cookie, SnickerDoodle)
Animal Whey (Banana, Red Velvet, Cookies & Cream)
Rule 1 (Banana, Fudge Brownie, Red Velvet, Pumpkin)
USP Labs

Isolate:
MAN Sports Iso (All the flavors are great I have tried)
Dymatize Iso-100 (Birthday Cake, Orange Cream, PB, Choc PB)
Allmax Isoflex (Choc PB)
Gaspari Precision (Blueberry, Neo, CTC)

Vegan:
PES Vegan (Choc is best)
AI No Whey (Pumpkin)
SAN Raw Fusion
Ghost Vegan

BCAA/EAA
Ghost BCAA / Amino
Primeval Labs EAA MAX
Scivation Xtend Elite
Cellucor Alpha Amino Ultimate
Man Iso-EAA , Iso-Amino
Dymatize All 9 Aminos
Sparta BCAA
Nutrex Amino Charger + Hydration
Universal Juiced Aminos
CL Purple Wraath
Kaged In-Kaged
GAT Flex BCAA
Nutrabio Intra-Blast

Fishoil:
CL OxiMega

Mutli:
CL Orange Triad

Creatine:
Any Creapure or Quality Creatine Monohydrate
allmax
universal
nutrabio
Primaforce

Pre:
CL White Flash
OL Re1gn
Nutrabio Pre
Bang Master Blaster
Kraken or Kraken Black (Sparta)
Primevals Labs Mega Pre Black

Pump Pre:
MA Labs MA Pump
Primeval Labs Mega Pre
Vasoblitz
Ghost Pump
Kraken Pump

Stick with the above

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
This is what I would suggest:

If cost is not an issue:
XF 2.0 (LCP, Cinnamon Roll, Mocha, Chocoalte Mint)
MSI Lean Whey (Lean Charms, Oatmeal Cookie etc...)
Ghost Whey
Beverly UMP (CNC is amazing)
Metabolic Nutrition (PB Cookie is GOAT)

A little costly but not breaking the bank:
MTS (Pumpkin, Red Velvet, PB CnC, CnC, Triple Aussie Biscuit)
Nutrabio
Iforce Protean (Blueberry & RV)
Sparta Nutririon (Cinna Crunch and PB Cups)

Cost Effective:
Dymatize Whey (Choc PB, Choc Cake Batter, Snickerdoodle, Chocolate Fudge)
Cellucor (Cinn Swirl, Choc PB, Molten Chocolate)
PES (Vanilla, WCM, PB Cookie, SnickerDoodle)
Animal Whey (Banana, Red Velvet, Cookies & Cream)
Rule 1 (Banana, Fudge Brownie, Red Velvet, Pumpkin)
USP Labs

Isolate:
MAN Sports Iso (All the flavors are great I have tried)
Dymatize Iso-100 (Birthday Cake, Orange Cream, PB, Choc PB)
Allmax Isoflex (Choc PB)
Gaspari Precision (Blueberry, Neo, CTC)

Vegan:
PES Vegan (Choc is best)
AI No Whey (Pumpkin)
SAN Raw Fusion
Ghost Vegan

BCAA/EAA
Ghost BCAA / Amino
Primeval Labs EAA MAX
Scivation Xtend Elite
Cellucor Alpha Amino Ultimate
Man Iso-EAA , Iso-Amino
Dymatize All 9 Aminos
Sparta BCAA
Nutrex Amino Charger + Hydration
Universal Juiced Aminos
CL Purple Wraath
Kaged In-Kaged
GAT Flex BCAA
Nutrabio Intra-Blast

Fishoil:
CL OxiMega

Mutli:
CL Orange Triad

Creatine:
Any Creapure or Quality Creatine Monohydrate
allmax
universal
nutrabio
Primaforce

Pre:
CL White Flash
OL Re1gn
Nutrabio Pre
Bang Master Blaster
Kraken or Kraken Black (Sparta)
Primevals Labs Mega Pre Black

Pump Pre:
MA Labs MA Pump
Primeval Labs Mega Pre
Vasoblitz
Ghost Pump
Kraken Pump

Stick with the above
Thanks for all the info!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the suggestion on the preworkout i'll look into it.

As far as a natty anabolic cycle, I'm pretty experienced in injectibols and will go back to those as well once I'm back on the right track. No point in using them until I teach a certain point.
I was thinking more a long the lines of these natural anabolic products:
https://www.strongsupplementshop.com/natural-anabolics

They don't effect your hormone levels so no need for pct.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why the milk thistle and saw palmetto?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Solution put together a good list for you. As far as staples, I actually cut out my multi and have just been eating really healthy - lots of oats, veggies, raw nuts, eggs, lean meats. I had a doctor's appointment recently and my blood work was all fine. So just an FYI if you're looking to save some $$ somewhere. I take EVL fish oil which you can normally find good deals on. I've got achy knees and seem to get tendinitis in my elbow easily so I take Scivation Flextril which has really helped. The ashwangandha in it is a great adaptogen. But they are discontinuing it. So who knows how long it will be around. I also take Evomuse Gut Health since I'm pretty gassy this time of year and not very regular. I'm on the fence if I'll be reordering after my supply runs out. A lot of people love it.

Glad you're back to lifitng!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Milk thistle is for the liver (i used to run cycles, will again)
Saw palmetto for colon (grandfather passed from colon cancer)
Milk thistle has poor bioavailability. Lower on your list of choices, IMO. On a methyl cycle, it would be like trying to put a forest fire out with a squirt gun. Better choices would be NAC, but especially Tudca for 9n cycle.

Saw palmetto effects DHT, similar to finasteride. Maybe not to the same severity, but there have been reports of similar sides that are seen with Post Finasteride Syndrome(PFS). I personally would stay away, but I do not have a family history. Estrogen is seen more the culprit of colon/prostate issues than DHT, these days. However, you're probably better off seeking real medical advice from a professional, than taking my word for it.