Recommend me an estrogen blocker

W

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As the title says. Thinking of getting some OTC estrogen blockers. I’m currently on TRT. And I’m entertaining the idea. Especially if it’s a little on the joint friendly side as I have massive arthritis problems in my right knee.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Iron Legion Virtus, SNS Inhibit E, Black Lion Research Letrone come to mind.

@Renew1 did Apex have an AI product?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
As the title says. Thinking of getting some OTC estrogen blockers. I’m currently on TRT. And I’m entertaining the idea. Especially if it’s a little on the joint friendly side as I have massive arthritis problems in my right knee.
Get a real estrogen blocker
Exemestane is low in side effects and pretty forgiving with dosing and works far better than your typical OTC stuff.

Code - smont for 15% off at

J

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Iron Legion Virtus, SNS Inhibit E, Black Lion Research Letrone come to mind.

@Renew1 did Apex have an AI product?
Apex had a 6 oxo product but I think it’s out of stock. I don’t remember seeing it on the website last I looked.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@op

None of these things weather OTC or drug are joint friendly or not joint friendly. The joint pain associated with a ai is from it lowering your estrogen too much. So while product A or B may appear to be joint friendly, the reason behind that is probably because it's not working and not lowering your estrogen. On the other side of the coin if your experiencing joint pain it's probably because you're using too much of whatever product it may be.

So finding the right dosage for your product is going to determine whether or not it's causing you joint pain.

Seeing how your on trt then you should be getting bloodwork.

All you need to do is look at your blood work, is your estrogen high?

Because if it's not high then you should not be using an AI.

Are you getting any side effects from high estrogen? If you're not then you shouldn't be using an AI.

Typically when someone is on a trt dose of testosterone and their estrogen is out of range it's usually due to high body fat percentage and crappy dieting.

So what I'm kind of getting at here is what is your reasoning for wanting to add an AI to your trt?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Apex had a 6 oxo product but I think it’s out of stock. I don’t remember seeing it on the website last I looked.
Yep, I think Arimahex is gone, at least for time being. But did they have a product with the same ingredient as the main ingredient in Inhibit E? Brassaiopsis Glomerulata

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yep, I think Arimahex is gone, at least for time being. But did they have a product with the same ingredient as the main ingredient in Inhibit E? Brassaiopsis Glomerulata
Don't think so, I was just looking at there stuff earlier today, I didn't notice anything like that.

Don't quote me on that though.

@Renew1 , @nostrum420

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Don't think so, I was just looking at there stuff earlier today, I didn't notice anything like that.

Don't quote me on that though.

@Renew1 , @nostrum420
Didn't you run and log it actually? 🤔 Or what was in the product you took to Disneyland?

Lol 😄

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Didn't you run and log it actually? 🤔 Or what was in the product you took to Disneyland?

😄
Oh lol, I liked that stuff, they didn't decide to keep making it though. It slightly lowered my estrogen, not a ton but what it did do was make me piss out water weight like a mofo. I could use some of that the week leading up to my fight!

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh lol, I liked that stuff, they didn't decide to keep making it though. It slightly lowered my estrogen, not a ton but what it did do was make me piss out water weight like a mofo. I could use some of that the week leading up to my fight!
Oh ok. I think that was the Brassaiopsis Glomerulata

W

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@op

None of these things weather OTC or drug are joint friendly or not joint friendly. The joint pain associated with a ai is from it lowering your estrogen too much. So while product A or B may appear to be joint friendly, the reason behind that is probably because it's not working and not lowering your estrogen. On the other side of the coin if your experiencing joint pain it's probably because you're using too much of whatever product it may be.

So finding the right dosage for your product is going to determine whether or not it's causing you joint pain.

Are you getting any side effects from high estrogen? If you're not then you shouldn't be using an AI.

Typically when someone is on a trt dose of testosterone and their estrogen is out of range it's usually due to high body fat percentage and crappy dieting.

So what I'm kind of getting at here is what is your reasoning for wanting to add an AI to your trt?
Nipple sensitivity and slight lumps behind nipples. Haven’t gone back to the urologist yet. I was just put on t 3 months ago.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nipple sensitivity and slight lumps behind nipples. Haven’t gone back to the urologist yet. I was just put on t 3 months ago.
If really lumps starting to form, that weren't there before, then I'd jump on Raloxifene or Tamoxifene and Exemestane asap.

W

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@op

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you have a lump behind the nipple then nothing otc is going to help, you need to use a ai to get estrogen in range and then your gonna need raloxefine to try to shrink the gyno down.

Is your body fat percentage fairly high?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also why is your trt throu a urologist? You need a endocrinologist

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I shouldn't say why, I know a lot of urologists do trt treatments but an endocrinologist is going to know more

W

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also why is your trt throu a urologist? You need a endocrinologist
Because none of them would be covered by insurance. Maryland is a nightmare for TRT

April 26 was the soonest they’d do

And yes my body fat is not under 15% if that’s what you are asking.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Because none of them would be covered by insurance. Maryland is a nightmare for TRT

April 26 was the soonest they’d do

And yes my body fat is not under 15% if that’s what you are asking.
I wasn't really looking for a specific number, 15-18 is a healthy range, the further you get over that the worst I would say and higher bf typically leads to higher estrogen conversion. Also the frequency or infrequent of your injections can play a role furthering that. Hopefully your lump is fatty and not solid yet. I feel like the fatty lumps can be eliminated but once it starts getting solid feeling your kinda stuck with it.

I've got some gyno myself, it occasionally flares up and raloxefine fixes it temporarily but it always comes back eventually

J

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Everyone seems to say raloxifene is best for gyno, but it didn’t seem to do anything to mine. Tamoxifen knocked it out quick though. Both from MA, so I know they’re good.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Everyone seems to say raloxifene is best for gyno, but it didn’t seem to do anything to mine. Tamoxifen knocked it out quick though. Both from MA, so I know they’re good.
How did you dose raloxefine, I'm good at 60, Ive seen guys need much more. Nolva works good 2 but for the majority of people raloxefine beats it. Apparently not for everyone tho...

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
How do you like the TRT so far? I havent been recommended it yet but I am 35 and have low T (400s).

Trying everything to reverse it. It's mostly from undereating and sleep apnea. . Hopefully when I get my next checkup, it will be up.

W

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you like the TRT so far? I havent been recommended it yet but I am 35 and have low T (400s).

Trying everything to reverse it. It's mostly from undereating and sleep apnea. . Hopefully when I get my next checkup, it will be up.
Just started like 3 months ago. I don’t mind it. But it’s not a miracle or anything. They also put me on Gel which I don’t like.

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
Just started like 3 months ago. I don’t mind it. But it’s not a miracle or anything. They also put me on Gel which I don’t like.
How low were you prior? I understand if you dont want to answer, just curious. I have never done any anabolics. Hardest thing I did was 6oxo back in the day 🤣

Poor sleep and horrible diet just crushed my sh!t. Trying to bounce back now.

W

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That sucks
Yup that’s one of the reasons for the follow up on the 26th. I’m going to A: see where my levels are at and see if hel prescribe an AI. And B: get him to switch to injections. Hopefully increase dosages depending on where I’m at.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

I'd be very interested to hear how this whole issue goes for you, which ever direction this goes, as I'm almost in an identical situation.

W

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd be very interested to hear how this whole issue goes for you, which ever direction this goes, as I'm almost in an identical situation.
Alright update. Doc put me on injection finally. And gave me an Rx for an Anastrozole. So I’ll update as soon as I start that.

W

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So new update. It’s going to be 200mg injections every 2 weeks? That seems like a long duration. I feel like I’d be better busting that up into 1/4s and then administering about every 3 days to flatten the curve. What’s everyone’s thoughts

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So new update. It’s going to be 200mg injections every 2 weeks? That seems like a long duration. I feel like I’d be better busting that up into 1/4s and then administering about every 3 days to flatten the curve. What’s everyone’s thoughts
I would do 100 a week !

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I shouldn't say why, I know a lot of urologists do trt treatments but an endocrinologist is going to know more
I see a urologist and I've been very impressed with him. He's a younger dude and really up on things. That's a blanket statement @Smont. Hahah JK about that part man I couldn't resist!! :)

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
doc is doing the injections for you? otherwise ya break it up

W

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ll be administering myself. Which is where the hang up is. Apparently the insurance doesn’t want to cover it if I’m self administering. But the doctor is fine with it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’ll be administering myself. Which is where the hang up is. Apparently the insurance doesn’t want to cover it if I’m self administering. But the doctor is fine with it.
That seems odd ??

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm sure it is less expensive for the insurance co. to not have to pay the Dr. !

X

xam2991

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get a real estrogen blocker
Exemestane is low in side effects and pretty forgiving with dosing and works far better than your typical OTC stuff.

Code - smont for 15% off at

I agree with Smont. A real estrogen blocker is the best way. You don’t want to use an otc product that may or may not work when using testosterone. I’d also like to add that MA research chems is legit. I’ve had several orders from them and never been disappointed. If I were you I’d order some exemstane from them ASAP

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I agree with Smont. A real estrogen blocker is the best way. You don’t want to use an otc product that may or may not work when using testosterone. I’d also like to add that MA research chems is legit. I’ve had several orders from them and never been disappointed. If I were you I’d order some exemstane from them ASAP
I like this guy👆

X

xam2991

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like this guy👆
I like this guy👆
I just hate that people are recommending this guy otc estrogen blockers when aromasin/arimidex is the best option. There is no replacement for pharmaceutical estrogen blockers when you are using trt/steroids. And aromasin over arimidex any day. Aromasin is much better for multiple reasons. I could go into it but we all have smart phones and we all know how to read

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just hate that people are recommending this guy otc estrogen blockers when aromasin/arimidex is the best option. There is no replacement for pharmaceutical estrogen blockers when you are using trt/steroids. And aromasin over arimidex any day. Aromasin is much better for multiple reasons. I could go into it but we all have smart phones and we all know how to read
This is a bit oldish thread, but I probably offered otc AI's, since this is in supp section and he was specifically asking for otc AI's. But I agree, that Exemestane is the best choice in most cases.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I use to understand ppl wanting the OTC stuff because they didn't have options but now with the rc readily available it doesn't make sense to me, especially because the real stuff is typically the same price or cheaper than the supplements.

A lot of people on this form seem to think I'm anti OTC supplements which couldn't be further from the truth. What I am is anti bullshit and I don't want to see someone short change themselves or dig themselves a hole.

Supplements have a time and a place, they can all be pretty much used whenever you want. But if your trying to control estrogen from real anabolics with a OTC supplement your looking in the wrong place.

Before taking any steps you got to look in the mirror and say is the drug causing me estrogen problems or is my high body fat causing me estrogen problems.

Okay maybe my body fat is fine,

Step 1. Can I lower the dosage of whatever is causing the estrogen problem?

Maybe not,

Step 2. Can I manage the estrogen problem with another mild anabolic.

Nope I'm on trt and don't wanna add anything,

Step 3. Look into a anti estrogen

Preferably exemestane because it has the least side effects and negative health impacts.

If none of those things can be done, now you have to resort to a otc ai and pray it works.

W

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve used MA products and never had any issues. But no I already got the Rx for it I’m just waiting for it to be pushed through

Also. Side note. I did not expect this to be an issue (I guess I just expected them to come with the Rx). But I’m gonna need recommendations for syringes. Gauge etc. especially self administer videos if y’all know any.

W

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use to understand ppl wanting the OTC stuff because they didn't have options but now with the rc readily available it doesn't make sense to me, especially because the real stuff is typically the same price or cheaper than the supplements.

A lot of people on this form seem to think I'm anti OTC supplements which couldn't be further from the truth. What I am is anti bullshit and I don't want to see someone short change themselves or dig themselves a hole.

Supplements have a time and a place, they can all be pretty much used whenever you want. But if your trying to control estrogen from real anabolics with a OTC supplement your looking in the wrong place.

Before taking any steps you got to look in the mirror and say is the drug causing me estrogen problems or is my high body fat causing me estrogen problems.

Okay maybe my body fat is fine,

Step 1. Can I lower the dosage of whatever is causing the estrogen problem?

Maybe not,

Step 2. Can I manage the estrogen problem with another mild anabolic.

Nope I'm on trt and don't wanna add anything,

Step 3. Look into a anti estrogen

Preferably exemestane because it has the least side effects and negative health impacts.

If none of those things can be done, now you have to resort to a otc ai and pray it works.
I was given an Rx for Anastrazole. Just waiting on it. This dr kinda sucks. He seems like he drags his feet on stuff. So he probably just hasn’t submitted the Rx yet. I’ve found the best way to keep on top is to contact his assistant. Once this is all going I’ll switch to an endocrinologist rather than the urologist which he is. I already have a list of in network ones to choose from

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was given an Rx for Anastrazole. Just waiting on it. This dr kinda sucks. He seems like he drags his feet on stuff. So he probably just hasn’t submitted the Rx yet. I’ve found the best way to keep on top is to contact his assistant. Once this is all going I’ll switch to an endocrinologist rather than the urologist which he is. I already have a list of in network ones to choose from
Good Idea!