Receptors

faytrain1

Awards
  • Established
Is dirty receptors a real thing or broscience? I’m on trt and blast a lot but everything feels bunk to me. Seems like maybe my receptors need a break but I don’t know if that’s even a thing.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
“Dirty” not really, but they can and do desensitize. There’s a few ways around that depending on how you’re sitting now. Lowering your AI dosage, supplementing DHEA and pregnenolone, taking a break in general and or using clomid or SARMS... all of those things are shown to upregulate androgen receptor sensitivity by varying amounts.

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heard cinnamon cleans out receptors.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You’ll get some desensitization and or down regulation of various receptors over time, similar to how you get a down regulation of dopamine receptors if you do too much in terms of the hard but pleasurable drugs.

For the most part they should up regulate (return to normal) if you come off long enough but the human body is weird sometimes. Down regulation happens when there’s too much of something to go around and the receptors are always being activated, up regulation happens when there’s not enough to go around and the body wants to use every little bit of free floating whatever you have in your blood.

In terms of test etc, not fully sure how all that works and how it regulates itself. It’s rather complex

At least that’s what college taught me.

faytrain1

Awards
  • Established
“Dirty” not really, but they can and do desensitize. There’s a few ways around that depending on how you’re sitting now. Lowering your AI dosage, supplementing DHEA and pregnenolone, taking a break in general and or using clomid or SARMS... all of those things are shown to upregulate androgen receptor sensitivity by varying amounts.
I have pharma clomid. Are you saying I could run it on cycle to desensitize?

faytrain1

Awards
  • Established
Wasn’t sure what exactly you were saying. Sorry

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have you tried turning it off then on again?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I thought I saw you mention LCLT a while back for similar benefits?