Welcome back! I remember you!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It’s been awhile…a long while. A lot has changed in my life during that time. Some good…some bad.

I was out of the gym for an extended period of time…from 11/16/2019 until 6/5/2021. **** hit the fan and I spent some time in prison. To make matters worse, I tore my Achilles two days into my sentence. As you’d imagine, “rehab” in incarceration is lacking borderline non existent.

I lost all my strength and muscle during this time. Forced cessation of test on top of the awful nutrition/lack of training lead to significant atrophy. Add in depression eating and I got all the way up to 270. For perspective, the heaviest I’d ever been while competing was 235.

I’m down to 240 and my base is now back. Pulling 500+ consistently, OHP, BB row, SSB box squat are all within 15% of where they were before I got sent off.

The mission is simple (and this is going to be for Puccah because she always believed in me): I will total 2000+. Bottom line.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just heads up bro, there’s a glitch so it looks like a thread hasn’t posted, but it has.

but because it doesn’t seem like it people repeatedly click and end up with loads of threads the same

then @Renew1 gets triggered
Noted and fixed.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/9/2021

ME Lower

SSB Box Squat (+lights)
Worked up to 422x2

SSB GM
207x3x8

GHR
BWx3x15

Reverse Hyper
270x3x15

DB Shrugs
60x4x20

I hadn’t squatted heavy in awhile, but I’ve had this circled for awhile. It’s not PR territory, but it’s getting close. A little slow off the box. Traps weren’t fully engaged into the bar on the first rep; second was better positioning and pop. I haven’t put on any equipment yet because A. I’m not strong enough and B. I’m too fat to fit into my old ****.
I’m pretty sure I’ll be competing at 242. I have the frame for it and, if I can get 722 at 198, I should be able to get 804 at 242 especially without a weight cut messing it up.

Last edited:
enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad to see you back and that life didn't hold you down!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/11/2021
Weight: 238

Upper Strength/Hypertrophy

OHP
Worked up to 155x5

BB Row
275x6
295x5
315x4
275x8

Close Lat Pulldowns
150x3x8

Overhead BB Ex
75x12
85x2x6

DB Row
110x3x8

Overhead Cable Ex/Upright Row
90x3x12 (both)

Side/Rear Laterals
25x3x12

Tempered the hell out of my arms and pecs yesterday. Everything felt looser and more mobile today (shocking lol). OHP technique is still a work in progress as I continue to strengthen my mid back. I have trouble keeping my chin packed on the eccentric. All the other stuff went well and I am exhausted.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/12/2021

DE Lower

Speed Sumo (+60# chain)
315x5x2

Deficit Conventional (1”)
315x3x3

Walking DB Lunge
60x4x8

GHR
3x15

Plank
BW+70x3x20

Donkey Calf Raise
200x15
220x3x12

First speed pulls. There’s a few things that aren’t 100% off the floor. Need more practice with torque in the lats. Switched to hook grip recently for my deadlifts. Accessories went as planned if not slightly better especially GHR.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/18/2021

OHP
145x3x5

BB Row
275x6
295x2x6
315x6

Dips
BWx3x6

Neutral Pulldowns (MAG handle)
140x3x10

CSR
115x2x8
125x8

Overhead Cambered Extensions
65x15
65x12
65x2x10

Side/ Rear Lateral
25x4x12

Getting behind on this already. Hit my sessions, but forgot to log them. Nothing huge happened outside of finding my sticking point in deadlifts.

As my abs continue to get stronger, my lifts continue to improve. Today was the first time I’ve done dips since I’ve been back in the gym and they went better than expected. Everything I’m doing right now is with a controlled eccentric to really reinforce staying tight and chin position. I developed some bad habits a couple of years back and tried to change my form, which was really stupid. I’m not explosive and trying to lift that way only leads to losing position. I have to load and coil properly to create tension and that’s what makes me an effective lifter.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome back, homie. Glad to hear you’re out again and back under the iron. I’ll tag you in my training log; been a whole lot of life happened since last we spoke!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/19/2021

SE Squat

Front Squat
Worked up to 275x3

GM
275x6
295x6
315x2x5

Walking DB Lunge
60x3x10

GHR
15, 12, 12

Hanging Leg Raise
3x10

Seated Calf Raise
55x4x10

This wa a completely unexpected. Felt lethargic for most of the day until I got to the gym and something clicked. Fronts were smoother than I expected, but the biggest shock was the GMs. My PR for these is pretty close to what I got today, which is really encouraging. Still dropping weight pretty consistently (down to 236 and another notch on my belt) with just consistency and training my ass off. Another 15 to go before the fun really starts.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/21/2021

ME Press

CG Incline Press
Worked up to 205x3

DB Rows
110x2x8
110x10

Dips
+25x2x5
BWx8

Flat Fly
35x3x10

Overhead Cambered Ex
75x15
75x2x12
75x10

Supinated Ex
80x3x12

Cable Upright Row/Side, Rear Raises
90x3x12/25x3x10

Hammer Curl
40x3x10

Cable Preacher
80x12
80x12+5

Great session. Went conservative on the presses since I’m currently training on terrible benches. The seat is in a weird spot so I keep my ass off of it and base off my legs. Need to get back to more unilateral lat work.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds like a journey. In for the 2K total.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Will your gear still fit or will you need to get and break in some new stuff to compete at a bigger bodyweight?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will your gear still fit or will you need to get and break in some new stuff to compete at a bigger bodyweight?
I’ll be getting a new shirt. I use an Inzer Leviathan Ultra, which is adjustable, for squats and deadlifts. I was able to fit into my knee sleeves this week again. Whoever says that they don’t help or have carryover is lying to themselves.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the journey.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ll be getting a new shirt. I use an Inzer Leviathan Ultra, which is adjustable, for squats and deadlifts. I was able to fit into my knee sleeves this week again. Whoever says that they don’t help or have carryover is lying to themselves.
Definitely. I am not sure what kind of poundage I directly get out of them, probably 10-20lbs, but I can tell you I have never gone within 100lbs of my current max while not wearing any so…I’m getting at least 100 out of mine It’s all about confidence; that support & warmth are huge.

What shirt you looking at?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Long time, no see. Hope you’ve been doing well, man.