Really Feeling The Biceps

P

protoculture

Awards
Ever since I took some time off ( or reformatted my routine ) to work around an injury I've noticed that since I don't do my arms directly anymore... ( I mostly do compound movements now ).... that I've never really learned to FEEL the biceps. Whenever I would flex the bicep I noticed that it was more a numb, or non feeling.... more a horitzonal feel to the bicep, never a pointed feel.

Now, I think I am just starting to learn what it is to isolate the muscle, but now, if I concentrate hard enough AND long enough, I CAN feel a peak. It feels like blood is rushing into the area for the first time and if I practice flexing long enough it feels like the biceps are going to burst ( I've never had that ). Its more a vertical feel ( or point/peak ), than a horizontal one.

I'm 38 and finally figured this out. lol. Is this the secret to having big guns?

Can anyone relate to this/recommend any other techniques for really bringing more feeling to the bicep?

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
I'll answer your first question which was "Is this the secret to getting big gunz?" This is not the secret, however; if you finally made the mind-muscle connection and are learning to isolate your muscle groups better, than I would suspect that you will produce greater results than previously. Now big guns aren't made in a day and huge peaks can't be had by everyone, this is to due genetics. Take for instance two 200 lb men with exactly the same bodyfat and lean bodymass, the same height, arm length. One guy could have 17 inch arms while the other could have 19 inch arms. Same with the bicep peak, one guy could have a defined rounded peakl look to his bicep while the other could have a bulkier less rounded bicep.

Now for your second question, I can't relate to that sorry. I hope someone can answer that for you! To bring more feeling to the bicep try a higher rep range and do isolation curls or preacher curls this while isolate your bicep more than standing curls in which people tend to use slight momentum and some shoulder recruitment.

P

protoculture

Awards
I'll answer your first question which was "Is this the secret to getting big gunz?" This is not the secret, however; if you finally made the mind-muscle connection and are learning to isolate your muscle groups better, than I would suspect that you will produce greater results than previously. Now big guns aren't made in a day and huge peaks can't be had by everyone, this is to due genetics. Take for instance two 200 lb men with exactly the same bodyfat and lean bodymass, the same height, arm length. One guy could have 17 inch arms while the other could have 19 inch arms. Same with the bicep peak, one guy could have a defined rounded peakl look to his bicep while the other could have a bulkier less rounded bicep.

Now for your second question, I can't relate to that sorry. I hope someone can answer that for you! To bring more feeling to the bicep try a higher rep range and do isolation curls or preacher curls this while isolate your bicep more than standing curls in which people tend to use slight momentum and some shoulder recruitment.
Thanks for this... Previously I had never REALLY taken the mind muscle connection seriously, and now I see that was a huge roadblock to my gains.

P

protoculture

Awards
What about the mind muscle connection....what other techniques can I employ to improve this?