Rcomping on maintenance calories

Mzakif

Mzakif

Awards
  • Established
I had this long discussion with someone who swears that he always manages to get shredded and keep his muscle mass on maintenance calories and using fat burner and l carnitine combined with carb cycling

That’s an open question to learn as I was always wondering if it’s possible without gear specify that every time I try to cut I reach the goal but I always lose some muscle mass at least 1kg

So I alway end up in the same loop having same lean mass/ fat ratio in winter and summer

At the end I’m alway in same weight range and size

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As a natural lifter you can only gain so much muscle. The body adapts and will aim for homoestasis all the time.

Mzakif

Mzakif

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean by you can only gain so much muscle ?

Do you mean when you reach your max genetic potential you will never gain more muscle naturally?

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you mean by you can only gain so much muscle ?

Do you mean when you reach your max genetic potential you will never gain more muscle naturally?
Yes exaclty. It's said that you gain the majority the first year if training and nutrition it proper. So it's like the longer you workout the bigger you get. Like in 25 years you are gonna have an amazing physique. You can reach the same physique pretty much in a couple or years

Mzakif

Mzakif

Awards
  • Established
Well the main question remains can we lose fat and keep muscle mass on maintenance by manipulating macros and cycling carbs

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well the main question remains can we lose fat and keep muscle mass on maintenance by manipulating macros and cycling carbs
This depends on you and your body. I know some people can eat anything and not gain a pound, but if I don’t keep calories low I gain tons of weight.

If you work hard hard and keep calories at maintenance you should be able to maintain a good amount of muscle while cutting fat. There are no sure things.