Rate My Home Made Pre Supplement

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I been trying to get a "pure" (no artificial colours, sugars and E numbers) pre-supplement with clinical dosages for some time without luck.
So decided to buy seperate ingredients and then combine.

Please see image:

MyPre.png

Some notes:

1) All ingredients unflavoured - it actually does not taste bad mixed with water, a citrus kind of taste.

2) Serving dosage is the amount I put into Shaker.

3) No caffeine as I have Double Expresso before workout.

So what does everyone think?, not seen people do this :)

CharlesBronsn

Awards
How does that Mucuna Pruriens feel pre workout?

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How does that Mucuna Pruriens feel pre workout?
I only added this a week ago, due to the fact found some new research claimed that it help pre workout. Think read on anabolicmen site.

Usually I took it with a general morning shake blended with fruit..

Think need take bit longer to see if any effects, not sure what the optimum dose is.. etc

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd personally skip the mucana and taurine.

Consider some bulk tyrosine powder as an upgrade.

This is a fun idea, I like where u are going with this.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that mucuna is not standardized for l dopa is it? If so, that is a pretty large dose.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use to make my own. Now I just use High Volume(with some other goodies) for the convenience. The less artificial colors I consume the better, but at only twice a week, I let it slide. However I do use Tr1umph daily.

Mine looked like this.

Citrulline - 4g
Agmatine - 1g
Betaine Anhydrous - 2.5
Creatine HCL - 2g
C-O-P - 2g
Cordyceps Militaris - 1g

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I been trying to get a "pure" (no artificial colours, sugars and E numbers) pre-supplement with clinical dosages for some time without luck.
So decided to buy seperate ingredients and then combine.

Please see image:

View attachment 147694

Some notes:

1) All ingredients unflavoured - it actually does not taste bad mixed with water, a citrus kind of taste.

2) Serving dosage is the amount I put into Shaker.

3) No caffeine as I have Double Expresso before workout.

So what does everyone think?, not seen people do this :)
Beta Alanine is way overdosed, and not needed Pre workout but can be taken for convenience.

Betaine is underdosed... Should be 2.5g.

Are you taking creatine at any point during the day?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree with the beta-alanine. I believe the dose should be 2.5g, but someone who k ow s for sure can feel free to correct me. I also believe the most ideal intake, is to split the dose up over the day. This is something I read from Mr. Cooper.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use to make my own. Now I just use High Volume(with some other goodies) for the convenience. The less artificial colors I consume the better, but at only twice a week, I let it slide. However I do use Tr1umph daily.

Mine looked like this.

Citrulline - 4g
Agmatine - 1g
Betaine Anhydrous - 2.5
Creatine HCL - 2g
C-O-P - 2g
Cordyceps Militaris - 1g

Are you going more for a greater "pump"?

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Mine looked like this.

Citrulline - 4g
Agmatine - 1g
Betaine Anhydrous - 2.5
Creatine HCL - 2g
C-O-P - 2g
Cordyceps Militaris - 1g

Are you going more for a greater "pump"?

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beta Alanine is way overdosed, and not needed Pre workout but can be taken for convenience.

Betaine is underdosed... Should be 2.5g.

Are you taking creatine at any point during the day?
I have not researched latest on beta alanine, do you have some more info, as its been included in most pre supps so thought its a staple.

I can increase Betaine, just needed a correct measuring spoon as I think the one comes we is smaller than 2.5g

I take Creatine with post workout shake, 750mg per pound of bodyweight.
Its been debated on net when best time to take it. Right now it sways more to post workout..

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Mine looked like this.

Citrulline - 4g
Agmatine - 1g
Betaine Anhydrous - 2.5
Creatine HCL - 2g
C-O-P - 2g
Cordyceps Militaris - 1g

Are you more after larger pump?
How is this combo going so far for you,
Noticed anything different from
Of self workout?

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd personally skip the mucana and taurine.

Consider some bulk tyrosine powder as an upgrade.

This is a fun idea, I like where u are going with this.
Thanks for the suggestion, will look into this.
Did not initially wish to include taurine, but its cheap and abit cant hurt, tyrosine maybe better option but I check it out..

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that mucuna is not standardized for l dopa is it? If so, that is a pretty large dose.
I based dosage on package recommendation also from articles on this site:

h**ps://w*w.anabolicmen.c*m/mucuna-pruriens-testosterone

5g seems be the magic number

How comes you think its large dosage?

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Clinical dose of beta alanine is 3.2g, best absorbed if taken in divided doses.

I suggest getting a scale to measure out your ingredients... Scoops are notoriously inaccurate

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is it you expect from each component at the dose you've laid out?
I'd ad in a low dose of L-Theanine to compliment your caffeine.
Dose: Figure on an equal amount of your espressos.

I'd remove the Beta Alanine, as I prefer caps for it, and can dose based on how I feel or not. 3.2g is a solid dose, but sometimes I have gone up to 4 on leg days, and then not at all on other days. Once you put it in, it's in, unless you are dosing your pre by measure every day.

It's not unique to want to make your own pre
A lot of people have done this, and then they figured it was too much of a pain, and there are great products out there which are affordable, and taste great.

Two of my favorite non-stim Pre Workout Supplements.
1. RagNOrok Elite by MST - 50% off with "RJA"
2. MaxReps+ which you can still get, by USPLabs (You'll have to search Google, they don't make it anymore)

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I based dosage on package recommendation also from articles on this site:

h**ps://w*w.anabolicmen.c*m/mucuna-pruriens-testosterone

5g seems be the magic number

How comes you think its large dosage?
"If your supplement is standardized for L-DOPA and you are supplementing for an effect attributed to L-DOPA, then start with about 1/2 the L-DOPA equivalent and work up if needed (this is due to the same amount of L-DOPA in Mucuna being more bioactive relative to isolated L-DOPA without carbidopa)." As per examine.com https://examine.com/supplements/mucuna-pruriens/

I am doubting that yours is standardized 98% L DOPA though.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like the suggestions so far. I would also add 300-600 mg of Alpha-GPC. Not only does it help with focus, but can assist with strength as well.

Athletes for whom strength or speed is important can boost their chance of success by taking 600 mg alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine [abbreviated to alpha-GPC] for six days before a competition. Sports scientists at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in the US discovered that this results in a three-percent increase in strength.
http://www.ergo-log.com/alpha-gpc-strength.html

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like the suggestions so far. I would also add 300-600 mg of Alpha-GPC. Not only does it help with focus, but can assist with strength as well.

http://www.ergo-log.com/alpha-gpc-strength.html
That's a good potential addition. Also, if you're on a tight budget, you can use choline bitartrate instead. It's a cheaper choline source, but is still a nice addition with some benefits when dosed properly (2g or so).

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alpha Gpc is good stuff. I use it on a regular basis, but hard to find non-chinese Alpha GPC

Zariph

Awards
looks good, as already mentioned go with 3.2gram of beta alanine. Dont see ppl dosing L-ornithine. what do you expect from this

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"If your supplement is standardized for L-DOPA and you are supplementing for an effect attributed to L-DOPA, then start with about 1/2 the L-DOPA equivalent and work up if needed (this is due to the same amount of L-DOPA in Mucuna being more bioactive relative to isolated L-DOPA without carbidopa)." As per examine.com

I am doubting that yours is standardized 98% L DOPA though.
You are correct, its not, I got from organic shop online in powder form, as not fan caps.
So you suggest least 98%percent, any recommendations on brand?

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Nice one, will definitely check the net for a good Alpha-GPC product..
Seems a few people agreed with yourself..

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
looks good, as already mentioned go with 3.2gram of beta alanine. Dont see ppl dosing L-ornithine. what do you expect from this
I started off looking at this pre supp: h**ps://legionathletics.com/products/supplements/pulse/

Research has shown that supplementation with ornithine can:

Reduce fatigue in prolonged exercise.
Promote lipid oxidation (the burning of fat for energy as opposed to carbohydrate or glycogen).
Increase growth hormone and insulin-like growth-factor 1 production when paired with arginine.

I think it was just a small addon in the end, but not sure if it will help much..
I finish the powder and then probably not add in the end..

Anyone had experience with L Ornithine

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used to take L-Ornithine often in conjunction with L-Arginine before bed every night on an empty stomach. 2:1 ratio.

L-Arginine 500mg
L-Ornithine 250mg

Arginine prior to sleep is able to enhance the sleep-induced GH release, but the long-term significance of this is not known (it is possible that it is still subject to autonegative feedback)

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Notice any benefits?
Most definitely, as I had very low body fat to mention so it helped me get really cut up, and helped with a restful sleep. I would say, muscle retention and fat burning combination. Low dose is the way to go as it becomes less and less bioavialible as dose increases. It doesn't take much really, but I'm not sure it is beneficial in a pre workout. It's like Taurine as well regarding pre workouts and I think Taurine really shines post workout or if you are doing marathon sessions. The same goes for Creatine but more so, as you don't have to dose it at any specific time such as a pre workout, it's just easy to time and add, and cheap.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are correct, its not, I got from organic shop online in powder form, as not fan caps.
So you suggest least 98%percent, any recommendations on brand?
No, man. I'm not suggesting one way or the other. Just stating that if it was standardized for l dopa to lower the dosage. I have seen studies suggesting a synergistic effect between beta-2 agonists and l dopa though. If you want bulk l dopa, I believe that that nutraplanet sells the powder.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, man. I'm not suggesting one way or the other. Just stating that if it was standardized for l dopa to lower the dosage. I have seen studies suggesting a synergistic effect between beta-2 agonists and l dopa though. If you want bulk l dopa, I believe that that nutraplanet sells the powder.
Ah okay got it, I want to add some mass, so you reckon going with:

Mucuna Pruiens
Extractn Standardized
To L-Dopa 98%

120mg daily or 240mg

These are pills but cannot seem to find powder form that is legit. Sorry forgot mention I live in UK but can order from abroad..

Seems there some confusion out there when comes to MP and LDopa.. but im sure there some benefits

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would just save my money and run the MP. That money you save can be better put toward food.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was also going to add 3grams of Leucine in the preworkout, originally I was adding this to post,
I add protein and BCAAs to post and I though the need to add Leucine is better in pre?

Any thoughts?