Rapid Fatloss Diet thoughts?

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
What are your thoughts on the rapid fatloss diet? Ive read about it on powerliftingtowin's website, and i was wondering if it actually works to drop fat fast. Like going from 19 to ~15% in a few weeks, in order to kickstart a proper cut. Has anyone use it? What were the results? Would you advise against it?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not familiar with it but the palumbo cut diet, adjusted for your calorie needs, is absolutely perfect for dropping fat quickly.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not familiar with it but the palumbo cut diet, adjusted for your calorie needs, is absolutely perfect for dropping fat quickly.
Second this.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Any difference between this and keto?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Any difference between this and keto?
Keto is a pretty broad term. Typical keto is MINIMUM 65% fat, usually higher, and really a pretty moderate/normal amount of protein. Though, to be ketogenic, you really just need an absence of carbs.

The palumbo cut diet is much higher in protein than the typical keto diet, with the fats carefully balanced with each meal to keep you in ketosis.

I’ve been off the wagon for about a week, will resume in a couple days. But I lost 23lbs and about 5.5” on my waist in 8 weeks. I felt great, just got to the point of being sick of eating the same couple things every day. A bite of any of it literally makes me want to throw up anymore.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Keto is a pretty broad term. Typical keto is MINIMUM 65% fat, usually higher, and really a pretty moderate/normal amount of protein. Though, to be ketogenic, you really just need an absence of carbs.

The palumbo cut diet is much higher in protein than the typical keto diet, with the fats carefully balanced with each meal to keep you in ketosis.

I’ve been off the wagon for about a week, will resume in a couple days. But I lost 23lbs and about 5.5” on my waist in 8 weeks. I felt great, just got to the point of being sick of eating the same couple things every day. A bite of any of it literally makes me want to throw up anymore.
Ill check it out! Thanks!

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Rapid fat loss, no good for longterm. Lose fat today and wake up fatter tomorrow.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree. If you want to lose fat fast then don’t eat anything at all for the majority of the day. When you do eat during your feeding window, feel free to throw down. Keeping carbs low is a good additive to this.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Typically if it is rapid, like really rapid, you are losing muscle.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Typically if it is rapid, like really rapid, you are losing muscle.
You can go to extremes in a few weeks to drop weight without loosin muscle but I agree any rapid weight loss over a3-4 weeks will be muscle loss. The extreme fast drops are usually water weight

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would say some type of fasting routine coupled with ample cardio, fat burning agents, and keto. Even still dropping 4% body fat in matter of a few weeks might not happen.

As other suggest the Palumbo diet is effective for a lot of people

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I'm thinking of using this diet in order to kick-start a cutting cycle.