Random Dry Skin

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Anyone have random dry skin issues while on TRT? Scalp, face, hands, elbows. Happens all at once. Nothing crazy bad, but it’s happened enough times now I want to know why.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are you sure it's trt related? I mean many and myself included do get dry skin in some areas seasonally. Like with the weather/climate here, the last few years the skin on my face gets really dry this time a year and lasts a month or two. Last fall or maybe it was a year before I had to get some moisturizing cream to apply after every shower. Otherwise feels like the skin on my face is gonna gradually fall off, lol. Even opening my mouth to eat and stuff I felt resistance in skin. Scalp is drier too. But it only lasts a month or two in a year for me and the rest of the year no issues what so ever. Just thought I'd share.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No I’m not, but I started having this issue a couple of years back after starting trt, and it comes on fast and goes away just as fast. Just curious if anybody has experienced anything similar. It’s doesn’t seem to be weather related as it can happen summer or winter, plus I live in a place that has high humidity all year round. Went to dermatologist last year and he suggested I try a different soap.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are you sure it's not an allergy? Contact dermatitis can look like patches of dry skin.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No I’m not, but I started having this issue a couple of years back after starting trt, and it comes on fast and goes away just as fast. Just curious if anybody has experienced anything similar. It’s doesn’t seem to be weather related as it can happen summer or winter, plus I live in a place that has high humidity all year round. Went to dermatologist last year and he suggested I try a different soap.
after i turned 35 i started to notice some changes, when i hit 40 i really noticed it, and now at 63 i would need several pieces of paper to list the changes...

@Codybenz how old are you?

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
37 next month. Anything is possible and obviously could not be related. I’ve found some info and videos on internet that claim trt patients see an increase in skin conditions and dermatitis due to androgen levels, but I can’t find any solid information about the levels. Too high, too low, ration to estrogen. So I was looking for some real world experience if anybody else had it. Not a big deal, and like is said it goes away as fast as it comes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
37 next month. Anything is possible and obviously could not be related. I’ve found some info and videos on internet that claim trt patients see an increase in skin conditions and dermatitis due to androgen levels, but I can’t find any solid information about the levels. Too high, too low, ration to estrogen. So I was looking for some real world experience if anybody else had it. Not a big deal, and like is said it goes away as fast as it comes.
from experience you should expect to see these kind of changes as you get older...just sayin.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
does it itch?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
sounds kinda like dehydration. are you seeing low E sides maybe?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you sure it's not an allergy? Contact dermatitis can look like patches of dry skin.
this is a good thing for you to look into. I have dermatitis and i used to think it was just seasonal as well. but as i got older it got worse and worse, finally resulting in a prescription for medication. FF to current day and i have found a solution to my issue via topical curcumin. of course I have to recommend APEXs Helios. it not only got rid of my dermatitis its been a game changer health wise too!

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
this is a good thing for you to look into. I have dermatitis and i used to think it was just seasonal as well. but as i got older it got worse and worse, finally resulting in a prescription for medication. FF to current day and i have found a solution to my issue via topical curcumin. of course I have to recommend APEXs Helios. it not only got rid of my dermatitis its been a game changer health wise too!
Really? Interesting. What’s apex website again? I’ve ordered before but always have a hard time finding it.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
How are you dosing this? Are you taking a turmeric supplement orally as well?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How are you dosing this? Are you taking a turmeric supplement orally as well?
nothing oral .. i rub on 1-3 ml Helios per day.. but now there is the new Helios100 .. weird timing I know, but a site wide BOGO sale just went active so you can buy a couple helios 100s which have a awesome new despenser and carrier with a new less saddley smell.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
nothing oral .. i rub on 1-3 ml Helios per day.. but now there is the new Helios100 .. weird timing I know, but a site wide BOGO sale just went active so you can buy a couple helios 100s which have a awesome new despenser and carrier with a new less saddley smell.
You're not applying it directly to the dermatitis? It's working systemically?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
works systematically though I do apply a moist fingers worth to my nose crease. its always a little susceptible of getting a little build up there.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m around the same age and on TRT, and I wouldn’t say that I’m seeing drier skin from it. If anything it’s the opposite, I’m sweating more and seem to have more oily skin that makes me wash my face more frequently.