RAD140 and MK677

dickmidnight

Awards
i know there are a lot of threads on these, but i read through and didn’t see my particular question addressed, do apologies for yet another threat about these two sarms.

i’m planning to run mk677 at 20mg/day and rad at 20-30mg/day. i have 10mg pills for both.

is there a preferred timing for these doses? i’ve seen both am and pm suggested for mk677. any advantage to splitting the doses up?

and a follow up question, i’m taking a break from running hgh for a little bit, but when i do go back on, is there anything i need to add to this stack when i’m running hgh at 4iu/mk677 at 20mg/rad at 20-30mg?

thanks in advance!

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
As far as mk goes technically it's better to run in the morning so you get a pulse of gh. At night your body naturally pulses gh so you don't need the mk then. However mk makes a lot of guys hungry and/or sleepy so to avoid these side effects you can take it at night. Rad I round split up between morning and night so you get a continual release of it

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dosing doesn’t matter much with either of those. With MK677, you’ll need to play with it. If you’re bulking, you may want the increase in hunger, so you’d want to take during the day. If not, stick to nighttime so you can sleep it off. Some guys get improvements in sleep, so you may get benefit from nighttime dosing on that angle. Some guys get bad water retention, so you may need a lower dose to avoid that and maybe only stick to 10mg. You just have to figure out how it works for you.

RAD140 from what I remember has a half life of 6-8 hours, so you might be okay with a single dose per day. I’ve done once daily and split doses, I didn’t notice any real difference. That said, it did interfere with my sleep when I took it too close to bed time, so watch out for that. If I took my second dose by like 4pm, I didn’t seem to have as much problem.

dickmidnight

Awards
As far as mk goes technically it's better to run in the morning so you get a pulse of gh. At night your body naturally pulses gh so you don't need the mk then. However mk makes a lot of guys hungry and/or sleepy so to avoid these side effects you can take it at night. Rad I round split up between morning and night so you get a continual release of it
thanks! appreciate the info.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Rad has a 72hr half life, no need to split the dose, honestly you could get away with taking it every other day if you wanted to in larger doses. One single dose of rad 140 stays in your system for like a week

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rad has a 72hr half life, no need to split the dose, honestly you could get away with taking it every other day if you wanted to in larger doses. One single dose of rad 140 stays in your system for like a week
Russo just came out with a video about this. 72 hours is apparently what it is now like you said. Wish I knew this back when I ran it years ago…the insomnia killed me with that ****…probably be much more tolerable at every other day dosing.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Russo just came out with a video about this. 72 hours is apparently what it is now like you said. Wish I knew this back when I ran it years ago…the insomnia killed me with that ****…probably be much more tolerable at every other day dosing.
I've known it was 72 hours for like the past 3 years, most people did. I'm not sure how he just came across that information, seems like something he should have known a long time ago

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Funny you say about the insomnia, I've never heard of anyone having insomnia from rad

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Are you stacking the rad with anything that has estrogen or dht, cuz it'll make your cycle 10 times better then without it. Rad and pretty much all sarms for that matter do not convert to testosterone, estrogen, or DHT. So using them without testosterone or one of the other hormones mentioned produces much less results and can potentially make you feel like crap and give you erectile dysfunction

dickmidnight

Awards
Are you stacking the rad with anything that has estrogen or dht, cuz it'll make your cycle 10 times better then without it. Rad and pretty much all sarms for that matter do not convert to testosterone, estrogen, or DHT. So using them without testosterone or one of the other hormones mentioned produces much less results and can potentially make you feel like crap and give you erectile dysfunction
i’m currently on dr prescribed trt.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Like said, Rad has a very long half life, so dose when found convinient. Usually I've seen people 'micro cycle' MK-677, like 5 days on 2 days off, for example.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you're on trt what are you goals with the rad? Just wondering. The mk will go great with the trt

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It'll probably be harder to tolerate with every other day dosing and here's why, say you want to take 25 mg a day, you're getting insomnia from 25 mg. If you want to take it every other day now you're taking a 50 mg dose every other day you're going to have worse side effects from the 50 mg dose.

So this may be a scenario where smaller more frequent doses are in your favor, not because you need more stable hormones or anything like that. But because smaller dose may not mess with you as much. Either way something you can play around with try out multiple ways to see what works best.

From my personal experience with oral rad 140, it's a nice little trt boost. Little bit of extra energy better sense of well-being. Like a positive aggression. Mk is going to help you eat more, possibility of better recovery and growth

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Rad also has positive effects on the prostate and seems to have a ever so slight anti estrogen effect. I have nothing to back that statement up other than personal experience tho so take it with a grain of salt

dickmidnight

Awards
If you're on trt what are you goals with the rad? Just wondering. The mk will go great with the trt
just looking to lean out a bit.

tightening up the diet to lose a few pounds as well

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Rad also has positive effects on the prostate and seems to have a ever so slight anti estrogen effect. I have nothing to back that statement up other than personal experience tho so take it with a grain of salt
I think I saw a study where RAD is actually able to prevent breast cancer development similarly to DHT. Probably just androgenic nature.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think I saw a study where RAD is actually able to prevent breast cancer development similarly to DHT. Probably just androgenic nature.
It's not supposed to be very androgenic at all. Just anabolic. That's kinda the point of sarms. I know these numbers don't translate to humans but the anabolic ratio is 90 and the androgenic is 1

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's not supposed to be very androgenic at all. Just anabolic. That's kinda the point of sarms. I know these numbers don't translate to humans but the anabolic ratio is 90 and the androgenic is 1
That’s most likely just due to the effects on the prostate, at least that used to be the main determining factor. Since it’s beneficial to the prostate, the number is probably skewed.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
is red140 a heart risk like for example superdrol or epistane?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
is red140 a heart risk like for example superdrol or epistane?
I would say no but I don't know the answer for certain, but there's nothing particular about superdrol or epistane that's any more or less a heart risk then anything else. Taking SD for x amount of time is not a gurenteed heart risk, no steroids are. It's a long term accumulated effect that comes from abuse, not cycling off and poor management of side effects

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would say no but I don't know the answer for certain, but there's nothing particular about superdrol or epistane that's any more or less a heart risk then anything else. Taking SD for x amount of time is not a gurenteed heart risk, no steroids are. It's a long term accumulated effect that comes from abuse, not cycling off and poor management of side effects
Yeah, I’d say every androgen could affect the heart. SARMs should be more selective, but the reality is, no one knows exactly how they interact. For example S4 effects the eyes. So it’s probably less likely for a SARM to affect various tissue, it absolutely can be just as harmful, we just don’t know yet.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ell the heart is a muscle so i would say any compound that would inlarge muscles would do the same to the heart? or does it not work that way?

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Yeah, I’d say every androgen could affect the heart. SARMs should be more selective, but the reality is, no one knows exactly how they interact. For example S4 effects the eyes. So it’s probably less likely for a SARM to affect various tissue, it absolutely can be just as harmful, we just don’t know yet.
Good point. There are androgen receptors present in cardiac myocytes, so exogneous hormones of any anabolic/andorgenic ratio could effect these. More specifically they could modulate the cardiac phenotype and produce hypertrophy by direct, receptor-specific mechanisms. Or they could have positive benefits.

For the past two or so decades there has been promising, and increasing evidence, that androgens, do have the potential to bestow some cardioprotective properties, particularly for folks who are suffering from androgen deficiency.

On a related noted, testosterone, specifically for people with so-called low-T or those who are clinically hypogonadal, exogenous testosterone may protect against ischemic events, and improve metabolic-related conditions (See here).

The science, being science, is always changing and advancing.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
ell the heart is a muscle so i would say any compound that would inlarge muscles would do the same to the heart? or does it not work that way?
You may have a point, but exercise enlarges your heart cardio enlarges your heart that's why there's a thing called an athlete's heart if you grew up playing sports you probably have a slightly enlarged heart. I was referring more along the lines of heart damage, plaque buildup and stuff like that.

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
You may have a point, but exercise enlarges your heart cardio enlarges your heart that's why there's a thing called an athlete's heart if you grew up playing sports you probably have a slightly enlarged heart. I was referring more along the lines of heart damage, plaque buildup and stuff like that.
I have a diagnosed case of it. Slight left ventricular hypertrophy. However, I shouldn't say "diagnosed" as it's not really pathological for those with non-existing cardiac impairments.

If you played or participated in sports, including weight lifting, you probably have so-called "Athlete's Heart," which includes a small increase in the size of the pumping chamber (ventricle) and filling chamber (atrium), as well as proportionate small increase in the thickness of the heart muscle.

It's important hear to note that these changes are 'adaptive' – that is, they reflect positive changes that allow the heart an increased ability to supply blood and oxygen to exercising tissues.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
not really trying to make a point tho lol :) im 55 and im just curious what mild compounds would be heart safe to take.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have a diagnosed case of it. Slight left ventricular hypertrophy. However, I shouldn't say "diagnosed" as it's not really pathological for those with non-existing cardiac impairments.

If you played or participated in sports, including weight lifting, you probably have so-called "Athlete's Heart," which includes a small increase in the size of the pumping chamber (ventricle) and filling chamber (atrium), as well as proportionate small increase in the thickness of the heart muscle.

It's important hear to note that these changes are 'adaptive' – that is, they reflect positive changes that allow the heart an increased ability to supply blood and oxygen to exercising tissues.
dude you joined fri and already have over 70 posts? and a really big vocabulary. hmmmmmm

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol. I've seen the SN "Starscream," but I was active early 2000s. Definitely not him, but that's probably something he say?!
If you are not him, and I always give people benefit of the doubt and say welcome, then there is nothing to fret about. If you do happen to be him..............well it will be ammusing for sure.

Like I said I believe you till proven otherwise and say welcome to the board we can use all the quality members we can get.

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
If you are not him, and I always give people benefit of the doubt and say welcome, then there is nothing to fret about. If you do happen to be him..............well it will be ammusing for sure.

Like I said I believe you till proven otherwise and say welcome to the board we can use all the quality members we can get.
Okay, now I'm curious, what did the guy do? Lol.

I work in finance and have a medical background as I was studying to be a PA back in the day.

Not meaning to derail the thread, so apologies in advance.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Okay, now I'm curious, what did the guy do? Lol.

I work in finance and have a medical background as I was studying to be a PA back in the day.

Not meaning to derail the thread, so apologies in advance.
what was your old username?

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
what was your old username?
Wannabebatman from 2009. I popped up occasionally, more recently to ask questions about transdermals, mostly IF stuff, as I had no experience with them.

What's with this Starscream guy? He used big words? Was kind of a dick? Argued with everyone? Big words bad?

Last edited:
mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
It is androgenic in some tissues selectively though so it's possible it does activate AR in breast tissues while still having very low androgenic effects in other tissues. These SARMs are AR activators in either direct agonist activity, transcription or coregulator modulation. Actually if you look into all pharmaceuticals they are not even sure how long studied ones like SSRIs actually produce the measurements on outcomes and down stream modulation!!! Scarey to think that pharmacology is this inept but it absolutely is! Obviously the human body is hyper complex especially the neuronal/nervous system so not surprising we know so little and in fact it's amazing that we have pharmacological models that can actually predict the properties of compounds but those models are just mathematical models that derive their predictive power from information in information out pattern recognition?

I could go on with my screed lol but I'll just say it's very possible that RAD 140 could have positive effects on breast tissue in regards to AR activation selectively? Especially considering its purported to be far more androgenic when given by injection which probably means there is some metabolic modulation happening in its pharmacological profile!!!

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards

I was going to make that point you did at the end where these effects we see are more adaptive than impairment!!!