Rad/S23 Powerlifting Log

FallenDorito

Awards
Hey everyone,

I was originally planning on running a test cycle but due to some nervousness I’ve decided to run a full sarm cycle first for more experience. I have the test on me so I can start anytime.

I’ve finally locked in a meet the first week of March and my cycle is based around strength and recovery.

I’m looking to do an 8-10 week cycle. Rad140 at 20mgs a day and s23 20mgs a day with 4 andro as a base. I’ll also keep running mk677 throughout.

I have arimidex and a full clomid/nolva pct on hand already.

I’m currently in the middle of my weight class (230) so I’ll just be focusing on more of a recomp.

Looking for any input and I’ll start a log if anyone is interested.

Thank you!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey everyone,

I was originally planning on running a test cycle but due to some nervousness I’ve decided to run a full sarm cycle first for more experience. I have the test on me so I can start anytime.

I’ve finally locked in a meet the first week of March and my cycle is based around strength and recovery.

I’m looking to do an 8-10 week cycle. Rad140 at 20mgs a day and s23 20mgs a day with 4 andro as a base. I’ll also keep running mk677 throughout.

I have arimidex and a full clomid/nolva pct on hand already.

I’m currently in the middle of my weight class (230) so I’ll just be focusing on more of a recomp.

Thank you!
I'm just curious why you're focusing on a recomp and not trying to eat your way to the top of your weight class?

I'm not a powerlifter but I do have periods of the Year wearing training specifically for strength and I know without a doubt every pound I gain usually puts a pound on my bench press and I also can usually squat more when I have a little bit of a gut.

I'm not saying anyone should get overly fat, but weight gained typically=more weight on the bar. At least for me.

@Hyde might have some good advice for you. He's into the powerlifting

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
May I ask your age and best total? I assume raw in sleeves? How many meets have you done? My advice on which direction to take the diet would be based on that.

I kinda hate S4. Stuff is cramp city; make sure you are supplementing significant extra electrolytes and taking a magnesium supplement as well. But I mainly hate it because it makes me so angry. On days you train, take it all preWO. Off-days, split it into at least 2 doses. Rad has a multi-day half-life, so just take it all around the same time every day.

Both of these SARMs cause me to shed some, and I’m not losing any hair on 500 test & 300 mast currently, which tells you how odd their tissue selectivity is.

You won’t need the AI unless you overdo the 4andro. Neither SARM can convert to estrogen, and RAD actually antagonizes certain estrogen receptors (can’t remember if it’s alpha or beta, but it helps fight against gyno somewhat).

FallenDorito

Awards
Only 1 official meet in 2019 due to covid and the state I live in has been pretty locked down since 2020.
Current in gym total is 1455lbs: 465 squat, 405 bench and 585 deadlift. And this is raw at 24 years old.

The honest reason I want a recomp is I’ve been bulking the last few months and am getting tired of having to eat so much. Current calories are at about 4500 and I honestly don’t know if I can gain 10 more pounds to fill out the weight class.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Only 1 official meet in 2019 due to covid and the state I live in has been pretty locked down since 2020.
Current in gym total is 1455lbs: 465 squat, 405 bench and 585 deadlift. And this is raw at 24 years old.

The honest reason I want a recomp is I’ve been bulking the last few months and am getting tired of having to eat so much. Current calories are at about 4500 and I honestly don’t know if I can gain 10 more pounds to fill out the weight class.
Well, your gym total is never going to be your competitive total unfortunately. That tends to be lower for most, or higher if you execute perfectly and peak well. But perfect meets are tough - I always peak much stronger in competition, but have only had a single perfect meet going 9/9 AND setting PRs in all 3 lifts, in 10 years. My best totals have usually been 8/9. There’s a lot of variables out of your control at competition.

I feel you on the eating. I am eating around that now as well, and don’t think I intend to really raise my calories further before this last month of my current blast. You might need to try to add 500 calories of something like juice or whatever easy just to maintain that 230lb weight when you add the SARMS.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn’t encourage a watercut. Unless you are chasing some arbitrary state record for your federation because it happens to be really low where you are at for a lift, there’s no real point in cutting generally. Speaking as someone who has executed & led many watercuts, if you don’t need to do it to get into the comp (like strongman where the event weights change for each weightclass), it offers more risk than reward.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’d be down to follow a log, I love powerlifting and it’s exciting to see a new face getting ready to compete.

I agree with both @Smont and @Hyde on pretty much everything, more weight equals a higher total but I don’t think you’ll be too bad off maintaining as long as you don’t lose any weight. I tend to stop trying to grow into the meet once I start my prep and focus on my peaking instead of gaining weight. My one piece of advice that seems to work well for me is making sure I’m eating extra the week before my meet when I’m not training. I eat what I have been but throw some ice cream or an extra protein shake or something in at the end of the day.

Every power lifter has their own protocol that works best for them and I’m sure you will have yours after a few meets. In the meantime feel free to ask as many questions as you need to.

FallenDorito

Awards
I totally misread the weight classes for the meet. So I think I’ll do a small cut down to 220. Considering I woke up at 228 today and it’s 6 weeks away I should be fine.
I’ve done tons of weight cuts for wrestling in the past and I’m so done eating this much haha

I’ll be starting the cycle Monday hopefully when it comes in.

This past week with the help of one of my buddies who powerlifts did some competition maxes.

Going into this I’ll be starting at:
Squat 455
Bench 405 (paused)
Deadlift 565 (sumo)

I will be very happy to hit around this in the meet. I’m also sure the rad and s23 will give me a nice boost.
Thanks guys!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think those are great realistic expectations. If you can do the lifts now, add drugs, and generally don’t f*ck anything up in training, you should be generally stronger then and be able to reliably execute these in less optimal scenarios. And if the day goes your way, perhaps significantly more.

FallenDorito

Awards
It’s all a learning experience I’m very patient with making progress.
I am also getting blood work done on Monday so I’ll see where I’m at with all that too.
The last time I got blood work done was a couple of years ago and my t levels were not amazing so fingers crossed.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s all a learning experience I’m very patient with making progress.
I am also getting blood work done on Monday so I’ll see where I’m at with all that too.
The last time I got blood work done was a couple of years ago and my t levels were not amazing so fingers crossed.
Great to have a baseline. Then post cycle if something is trash, you can see if it was already trash prior or directly from recent choices.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
theswede Cycle Logs 59
Anabolics 10
Mitch_310 Anabolics 6
Mitch_310 Anabolics 0
Mitch_310 Anabolics 0