Quitting a job for health reasons?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys.. Use all well?

I was currently working for a local company. It was warehouse style a work.

I recently just says to the company sorry but i have to call it a day.

Here is why...

The work shifts were as follows... 6-10 Mornings and then 6-10 in the evening. 6 days per week. So i had 8 hours between finishing a shift until i then re-started. So i was managing at most 5 hours sleep in that time period.

The manager was a daughter of the main manager so she would just do whatever she pleased. Refused to work weekends and also was notorious for not just turning up.. I won't ramble too much but you will get the picture lol

The 1 day i had off a week i would almost ALWAYS get a message the day prior asking if i could come in. This happened for the last 5 weeks of my employment.

Over the last 3 month i was starting to feel very sickly ever single day. I would wake up and my energy levels were non existent. I would feel very anxious and pretty depressed but i just thought it was a **phase**

I was at my Doctors on 4 seperate occasions and done tests. Bloods ' ECG etc.. Heart was sound but my bloods showed a few abnormality's. Nothing major but just signs of something not right.

I spoke to my partner and i says my body is really showing signs of strain what do i do here.. I knew it was my work. Ie hours and the stress and no time off etc. It was just burning out my CNS. I had to take time off the gym as i just didn't have strength or motivation or just strength.

She says whatever your choice i will have your back.

I made the decision after running it through my mind 9552588 times lol and i knew if i wanted a life back and my health i had to quit and recover. So i done it. My Employment know im a very good worker and have even re-contacted me and says lets sort something and open up **Great Opportunities** I just says no thanks sorry. They are still in contact

I am still in 2 minds but know what? I have had 5 days to just relax sleep and just have some social time and i honestly feel fantastic. I trained yesterday and felt great. I woke this morning and felt like my old self.

Just wanted to vent a little but also to ask if anyone would have took this choice? I can find other employment. I also live on a farm and work here is ongoing so keeping busy is not an issue. My mission now is to fully recover. Get some life back and be my old self. I have saved enough funds to see me ok for a little while. So i almost had it planned slightly.

Would anyone have took this route?

Cheera guys

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I work third shift and your job sounded like the hours sucked to me. Don’t blame you at all. My thing is I always would look for a job before leaving...but I have a decent size family I am providing for.

Get better man. Good choice.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You did the right thing. There's always going to be cases of somebody's relative or friend getting away with stuff as that is just how the world works, but those hours are horrible. Your health is more important than any job as it makes no sense to kill yourself so that somebody else can profit. There are good people out there always looking for hard workers, so good luck with the search.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Guys... Very much appreciated

Yeh that was a big issue in my mind before i left.. I kept thinking. I should really have another job to go to first? But then i decided i actually needed the full time break. No waking up early etc.. Just full rest. I have only had 2 weeks holiday in 11 months (2 seperate weeks) and i even had to reschedule one of those weeks due to *No staff to cover* so it completely messed up a holiday aswell mid year.

I feel a ton better today.. Amazing what some good sleep does to your overall wellbeing. I am back training also which i am glad about as i also missed this. Got a session in yesterday and also today.. Im feeling good though

Money doesn't merit your health. It was a bare minimum wage also with no chance of climbing a ladder so it was dead end aswell. Well this is the positives i keep telling myself I don't have any kids rob112 so the only expenses are household which me and my partner half with. Were not big spenders either so i won't struggle... Can genuinely see your issue and point

Thanks guys