Quick question, do y’all notice weight gain from liquor?

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m genuinely curious, throughout my lifetime whenever I drink liquor as long my diet is in on point, I could be in a 1000 calorie surplus of just straight vodka and never notice any weight gain. I understand Alcohol dehydrates you therefore you very well could wake up lighter the following morning because of dehydration, however even the second morning after I will still be completely on track as nothing has ever happened. Now beer is a different story has if I have 10 beers I will notice weight gain, but if I have 10 shots of vodka and diet was good for the day I won’t notice anything. Not to make any excuse for drinking as we all still know the liver,kidney and heart damage it does. Just curious if anyone is the same way.

Don’t get me wrong it can be very hard to keep your diet in check when drinking, sometimes I swear I’ve eaten over 10k calories when drinking.

Actually remember reading a study, I’ll try and find it, and there was mixed evidence on if vodka causes weight gain or not. May be individual dependent. When I drink I get very red and resting heart jumps often to 120. I believe I read this is because of a genetic issue and my body has trouble properly digesting the alcohol. Im not of the Asian dissent however I know this is very common among them.

Last edited:
stancratcha5

stancratcha5

Awards
When I’ve gone through periods of heavy-ish drinking I’ve never noticed any weight difference whatsoever. I also get the same thing you mentioned with certain types of alcohol, not all. You may be allergic to brewers yeast or another compound.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I don't know many people that are still tracking there calories while binge drinking. I was a heavy drinker for years and any time I was pounding drinks I wasn't usually worried about getting my meals in.

At the end of the day if your in a surplus you're gaining weight otherwise you're not in a surplus. it is not physically possible to be in a surplus and not gain weight just like it's not physically possible to be in a deficit and not lose weight.

If your weight stays the same that means you are maintaining or at maintenance calories.

Something I did notice was that the more I drink the more skinny-fat I looked. Given this happened over a period of years but slowly but surely it looked like I was gaining more fat and building less muscle which makes sense if you think about it because when you're insulin sensitivity is crap you gain more fat and build less muscle and alcohol destroys your insulin sensitivity

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Admittedly I've gone through periods of heavier drinking than I care for, we are really social people and it tends to go with a lot of the events we'd go to. I've tapered down to almost nothing now, but what I noticed is that I never gained weight. If anything I lost weight because I wasn't hungry the next days. But, I would always get a soft mid section and my face would be puffy. I don't drink beer so this would just be from liquor and no mixers. So while weight stayed the same or dropped, I looked fat.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Guys if you drink alcohol get on a GDA.

It works wonders.

Alcohol intake also effects nutrient intake. Meaning when you eat food and are drinking heavily your body will not be able to use the calories as efficiently. You will absolutely be changing your nutrient intake with heavy alcohol intake.

I did my own study for 3 years. I trained several clients and tracked all of them heavily. 2 were drinkers. I monitored their drinking habits. 2 were not. I gauged their results for several years.

The non drinkers made massive muscle and strength gains compared to the alcohol users. The alcohol users had far less muscle and strength gains and more bodyfat at the end of my independent study. Granted there are many many variables but I will tell you this. Alcohol use in moderate or higher doses is devastating to this lifestyle and to your physique.

"IF" you are going to drink, get yourself on a good GDA, get yourself on NAC, Glutathione and some enzymes. You can defeat alcohol use with suppz, believe that or not.

200mgs of Injectable Glutathione will whip alcohols ass in a second. I assure you this is true. Blood sugars however, also need to be addressed.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
When I’ve gone through periods of heavy-ish drinking I’ve never noticed any weight difference whatsoever. I also get the same thing you mentioned with certain types of alcohol, not all. You may be allergic to brewers yeast or another compound.
Actually just ordered some Glutathione, will prob inject 200mg a few times a week, just started this preety harsh oral cycle. How about Tudca? Currently taking 1800mg NAC with 600mg Tudca.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

It works wonders.

Alcohol intake also effects nutrient intake. Meaning when you eat food and are drinking heavily your body will not be able to use the calories as efficiently. You will absolutely be changing your nutrient intake with heavy alcohol intake.

I did my own study for 3 years. I trained several clients and tracked all of them heavily. 2 were drinkers. I monitored their drinking habits. 2 were not. I gauged their results for several years.

The non drinkers made massive muscle and strength gains compared to the alcohol users. The alcohol users had far less muscle and strength gains and more bodyfat at the end of my independent study. Granted there are many many variables but I will tell you this. Alcohol use in moderate or higher doses is devastating to this lifestyle and to your physique.

"IF" you are going to drink, get yourself on a good GDA, get yourself on NAC, Glutathione and some enzymes. You can defeat alcohol use with suppz, believe that or not.

200mgs of Injectable Glutathione will whip alcohols ass in a second. I assure you this is true. Blood sugars however, also need to be addressed.
Hey quick question Brotha, could I just mix the Glutahthione in the same syringe as my other AAS weekly inter-muscular injections?

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

It works wonders.

If you going to drink alcohol when would be the best time to administer the glutathione? Before drinking? Or before going to sleep after a night of drinking?

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey quick question Brotha, could I just mix the Glutahthione in the same syringe as my other AAS weekly inter-muscular injections?
I wouldn't sir if it were me. Glutathione can have PIP and adding it to more volume in an Injection site is playing w 🔥🔥🔥

I would inject it prior to drinking when you can but it also works if you inject it before bed. Likewise you can pop oral NAC prior to drinking and it will also help metabolize and negate the negative effects of alcohol use and abuse.

Last edited:
Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I wouldn't sir if it were me. Glutathione can have PIP and adding it to more volume in an Injection site is playing w

I would inject it prior to drinking when you can but it also works if you inject it before bed. Likewise you can pop oral NAC prior to drinking and it will also help metabolize and negate the negative effects of alcohol use and abuse.
Just did my first injection of the Glutathione, and oh man you feel the pain upon injecting it!

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I gave up drinking for lent.
I feel so much better and making gainz that I haven't wanted to go back. A case a weekend was normal for me. Then I would not drink during the week.