Quick Home Workouts

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't know about others, but there are times that I can't make it to the gym due to work (or life). On those days, I'd like to see what others may be doing as a quick (5 to 10 minute) workout between meetings or calls. For example, I have found a couple of 4 minute nitric oxide dump routines, pushup routines and a 5 minute HIIT exercise bike routine.

If you have any "I've got 5 or 10 minutes in my home office" routines that you use when you can't afford time to go to the gym - what are they?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I assume you're talking more bodyweight stuff rather than a squat rack in the garage?

I find the two easiest ways for me to get a killer heart rate going in this type of scenario is doing either a tabata, a death by, or an EMOTM.

in case you're not familiar. Death by, is similar to EMOTM but you add a rep each minute. for instance:

set your timer. minute 1 do 10 burpees
minute 2 do 11 burpees
minute 3 do 12 burpees
etc etc

I would either do that, or tabata, or an alternating death by if you had to do push ups or dips on a chair or situps or something because once you hit failure on the pushups you may sorta kill the workout. so maybe like

min 1
10 burpees
min 2
10 situps
min 3
11 burpees
min 4
11 situps

and so on. (even though I'm not a fan of situps).

just some simple ideas. if you have kettlebells or anything that weighs 35-50lbs+ (bag of concreate or sand???) you could throw in goblet squats with the same format.

tabata idea:

20 seconds on, 10 seconds off for 4 minutes
burpees
air squats
jump rope for reps
kb swings, or chair dips or whatever

.............just tossing out ideas. normally i program these types of wods to be accessories to what every my strength lift of the day was.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Per body part is goal is building muscle, aiming to hit near muscular failure between 5-30 reps per set

Chest - push-ups, side to side push-ups staying over active arm if regular pushups are too easy, one arm push-ups if side to side are too easy

Quads - pistol squats, sissy squats

Hams - use resistance bands like mini and monster from EliteFTS for goodmornings

Bis - use resistance bands like mini and monster from EliteFTS for curls and hammer curls

Tris - BW extensions, diamond push-ups, use resistance bands like mini and monster from EliteFTS for OH Ext

Delts - use resistance bands like mini and monster from EliteFTS for side raises, upright rows, and pullaparts

Back - use resistance bands like mini and monster from EliteFTS for bent over rows

Just some ideas.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Pistols are crazy awesome once you develop them. My mind is still blown by how sweaty they can make me.

Localaxis

Localaxis

Awards
I don't know about others, but there are times that I can't make it to the gym due to work (or life). On those days, I'd like to see what others may be doing as a quick (5 to 10 minute) workout between meetings or calls. For example, I have found a couple of 4 minute nitric oxide dump routines, pushup routines and a 5 minute HIIT exercise bike routine.

If you have any "I've got 5 or 10 minutes in my home office" routines that you use when you can't afford time to go to the gym - what are they?
On the days when I feel more, I do:

-Push-Ups: 2 sets of 8-12 reps
-Bulgarian Split Squats: 2 sets of 8-12 reps per leg
-Pike Push-Ups: 2 sets of 8-12 reps
-Lateral Lunges or single-Leg Glute Bridges: 2 sets of 8-12 reps per leg
-Pike Shoulder Taps: 2 sets of 8-12 reps per side

On the days when I'm lazy:

-Jumping Jacks: 1 minute
-Plyometric Push-Ups: 1 minute
-Squat Jumps: 1 minute
-Mountain Climbers: 1 minute
-Bicycle Crunches: 1 minute