Questions about transdermals

B4Hand

Awards
I've been curious about TDs for a while but finally bit the bullet and bought a couple bottles of Icon One and Sustain Alpha. I love the Icon One so far, but I have a few questions:

1) I shower twice a day sometimes (after the gym in the morning and at night before bed). Do I need to reapply at night? Yesterday was my first day, and I did 3 squirts in the AM and 2 before bed. (I currently weigh 175#)

2) I have started tanning in the evening after work, and I wasn't sure if there are any contraindications to tanning the area the gel was applied.

Thanks

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would do all 5 shots right after your shower in am. You can split it up, but does not change the benefits.

Thank you for your purchases.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would do all 5 shots right after your shower in am. You can split it up, but does not change the benefits.
Agreed with this as well. 5 should be perfect and like mentioned no need to split it up.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The carrier we use in our transdermals is actually designed for sunlight to help increase absorption. We want our customers to be able to hit the beach or pool and still get every benefit they deserve. I assume tanning would do the same.

Last edited:
cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The carrier we use in our transdermals is actually designed for sunlight to help increase bioavalability. We want our customers to be able to hit the beach or pool and still get every benefit they deserve. I assume tanning would do the same.
Bam out of the blue

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The carrier we use in our transdermals is actually designed for sunlight to help increase absorption. We want our customers to be able to hit the beach or pool and still get every benefit they deserve. I assume tanning would do the same.
^^ this is awesome!! In the summer, I spend a lot of time out in the sun!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^^ this is awesome!! In the summer, I spend a lot of time out in the sun!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
lol...i work in the sun.
I'll take working in a snow storm over being on a roof durring the summer any day. That sun can melt your brain. I've experienced it.

Now, as I continue to search the depths of what must be the lost and found section of my memory chip, I believe the sun increasess the concentration of the skin’s sterodiogenic enzymes. This allows more precursor material to be converted into their target hormone, before being fully absorbed into the blood stream.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'll take working in a snow storm over being on a roof durring the summer any day. That sun can melt your brain. I've experienced it.

Now, as I continue to search the depths of what must be the lost and found section of my memory chip, I believe the sun increasess the concentration of the skin’s sterodiogenic enzymes. This allows more precursor material to be converted into their target hormone, before being fully absorbed into the blood stream.
man, you are just full of useful info, right on!!!

B4Hand

Awards
Thanks for this info. I was going to ask about the mechanisms/ingredients involved in the better efficacy with sunlight.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you get out the shower, apply and give it time to dry. Your pretty much good for the day. Only time I split up transdermal doses if the half life is better suited for 2x day or if there's too much to apply at 1 time

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you get out the shower, apply and give it time to dry. Your pretty much good for the day. Only time I split up transdermal doses if the half life is better suited for 2x day or if there's too much to apply at 1 time
i agree...with the iron legion salvos i split doses[invictus/virtus], with the iconic formulations lotions once a day application is best.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i agree...with the iron legion salvos i split doses[invictus/virtus], with the iconic formulations lotions once a day application is best.
This man knows his stuff

B4Hand

Awards
I know you've had good results staggering Incon One and Alpha Seven. I just got my bottle of Seven and was wondering if I should wait until toward the end of my run like you, wait until after the One and use with PCT, or totally give in to the temptation and run it now?

Also, how important are the administration sites, and can the gels overlap? I know both labels say to use on the torso and upper body, but are the buttocks and thighs strictly prohibited?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I know you've had good results staggering Incon One and Alpha Seven. I just got my bottle of Seven and was wondering if I should wait until toward the end of my run like you, wait until after the One and use with PCT, or totally give in to the temptation and run it now?

Also, how important are the administration sites, and can the gels overlap? I know both labels say to use on the torso and upper body, but are the buttocks and thighs strictly prohibited?
if you are running 2 bottles of icon one and only have one bottle of alpha seven wait until start of second bottle of icon one to start the alpha seven...i liked icon one on upper body and alpha seven on inner thighs.

Last edited:
Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not everyone will agree, but wiping the application area with DMSO a few minutes prior to application may help increase absorption. Applying a moisturizer 15 minutes after the TD dries will increase absorption.

This is a general recommendation, not unique to any specific product.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not everyone will agree, but wiping the application area with DMSO a few minutes prior to application may help increase absorption. Applying a moisturizer 15 minutes after the TD dries will increase absorption.

you putting that dmso on your balls @Beau ? :ROFLMAO:

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
you putting that dmso on your balls @Beau ? :ROFLMAO:
The gauntlet has been thrown down ... so ... I guess ...

OK, yes, I have. I am not above trying whatever will increase effectiveness.

Chemical MacGyver? It isn't something I would do regularly.

You next?

If you do, get pure DMSO, otherwise your bag will smell like garlic. While attractive to some, I would prefer my sack have not smell like I took a recent trip to Gilroy, CA.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The gauntlet has been thrown down ... so ... I guess ...

OK, yes, I have. I am not above trying whatever will increase effectiveness.

Chemical MacGyver? It isn't something I would do regularly.

You next?

If you do, get pure DMSO, otherwise your bag will smell like garlic. While attractive to some, I would prefer my sack have not smell like I took a recent trip to Gilroy, CA.
so, which is it...macgyver or dirty harry/gauntlet?

is that gilroy was here CA?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
so, which is it...macgyver or dirty harry/gauntlet?

is that gilroy was here CA?
Gilroy, CA - the garlic capital of the world.

MacGyver, I suppose. When I was in Grad School, I knew a guy who new Richard Dean Anderson, he said he was a pretty cool guy. My friend didn't say if Richard Dean Anderson ever put DMSO on his bag.

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I use DMSO about 5 min after applying whatever TD I’m using. This has a nice scent to it.

Attachments

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I use DMSO about 5 min after applying whatever TD I’m using. This has a nice scent to it.
i am in agreement with @Beau if using dmso i would put it on before the transdermal.

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Anyone try the DMSO/Aloe 70/30 combo, in a non-sack application method to increase absorption? Otherwise, I am walking around the house like a pre-fight sumo wrestler for 30 minutes.