Question - Soy Protein

J

Jdurb1550

Awards
Quick question here.... after getting my blood work done, I have found out that I have a lower than normal E hormonal level in my blood stream. I am looking into the purchase of "Soy Protein" however I have come across "Soy Protein Isolate" what is the difference between "Soy protein" & "Soy protein Isolate"? is there a difference ?

I ran a quick google define: Isolate; and it gave me a definition that just stated

"obtain or extract (a compound, microorganism, etc.) in a pure form."

Shall I assume that there is no difference between the two ?

Yes I know such a simple question however I have yet to find a definitive answer and would like some members to chime in with opinions.

Thanks
J

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They're the same thing: the protein component isolated from soy. That said, are you planning on trying to raise your estrogen level by consuming soy?

J

Jdurb1550

Awards
They're the same thing: the protein component isolated from soy. That said, are you planning on trying to raise your estrogen level by consuming soy?
Yes that is correct... I have my E in my last blood work was 16.1 and before that it was SUPER low @ a astounding 8.1... (I was under alot of stress, anxiety etc) during the first blood draw... Not working out etc... Second test I was working out 3-4 days a week so and it was a better reading, however I am not satisfied with the lvl even at 16.1 and I want to see if I can get it a bit higher so I can go about my daily life as normal

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This plan doesn't make sense. You really need to consult with a physician and find out why your E is at that level.

J

Jdurb1550

Awards
I am in school, no health insurance... = problematic (I.E expensive out of pocket Physician costs) to which I do not have the $ for ATM. Got my blood work done prepaid was cheap, however once I go to a Dr. (legit physician) it will be a whole other story. But you are right I need to see one as soon as I am able to just can't find the funds to put aside. Stuck at a rock and a hard point i guess you could say...

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well at the very least I would get it tested again to confirm the results. Does the rest of your blood work look alright?

J

Jdurb1550

Awards
My FSH levels are a bit high... I've gotten my blood done 2x... first time my T,E were alot lower... I had them redone and they were much better, thing is I was not working out when i first had my blood done, second round I was working out,

First Round results my T = 480's & my E = 8.2

Second Round results my T = 675 & my E = 16.1

So my E basically doubled and my T shot up by 195... but like I said I still have side effects from my E not being correct, which is why I am looking into furthering my research and looking into anyway possible to boost my E until I graduate and secure a job with health insurance benefits, which will most likely be in 2018/2019 (depending on how fast I can get through my classes & pass them).... Yes I know trouble, but theres not much I can do about it

J

Jdurb1550

Awards
FSH was 7.1 when I got my blood done the second time BTW.... I did not get my FSH tested the first round as I was not up to speed with my own hormone levels and what they controlled as far as my own body goes. Thus I've stopped messing around with anything that is unnatural until I can see a Dr./Physician and get the proper treatments

J

Jdurb1550

Awards
26, thus the reason I am not on a health insurance plan at the moment, and hopefully by 27 I can get on some sort of plan to get me on the right track whether it be something that my body no longer is making due to the abuse it put it through, which kind of sucks but thats life... I took substances I regret & well now I'll pay the price, it is what it is. Im just happy to be alive and breathing still...

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you saying you took anabolics? Don't answer if you don't want to, but there's no reason to worry about discussing it freely here. How long ago was your last cycle and did you do blood work at that time?

J

Jdurb1550

Awards
mmmm I thought I saw a post in this section saying "AAS, or steroid use is prohibited in this section of the forum" (or what not) but yes I did, and no I did not get my blood tested.... Do i regret it ? Hell yeah I do!! However, it is what it is. I cant change what I have done, if I could rewind time we would all change things we did in our past. Just have to understand that whats done is done and the only thing that CAN change is the future, thus Im trying to put a bandaid on a problem that I created until I can get the proper care for it, it was quite a while ago.... but i'm not here to dwell on my past mistakes, however I do understand what happened in my past must be known for my future which is one of the main reasons I am on this forum to see what outlets I can use ATM given my situation.

P.S Hopefully I will not get banned, lol I just joined this forum and I am happy to talk about my issues amongst other bodybuilding advocates...

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No judgement here man. I wish I could help you more than say the soy thing isn't going to work and your best bet is a physician, but I understand the circumstances. There is an anabolics section on here. You could try searching or posting in there and might have better luck finding answers.

J

Jdurb1550

Awards
No judgement here man. I wish I could help you more than say the soy thing isn't going to work and your best bet is a physician, but I understand the circumstances. There is an anabolics section on here. You could try searching or posting in there and might have better luck finding answers.
Appreciate it, thanks for letting me know haha & I do agree seeing a physician is definitely my top priority, just lack the $ ATM... :/ Time will tell and I will put a post in that section pertaining to my issue. Take care

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Dr. Rand McClain recommends E2 in the 15-20pg/ml range. If your numbers were pg/ml, what are you worried about? A little higher won't hurt either as long as it isn't out of range - they add Estrogen to Trenbolone for a reason: More Cow Gains. Also, did you have the Sensitive Assay done?

J

Jdurb1550

Awards
Dr. Rand McClain recommends E2 in the 15-20pg/ml range. If your numbers were pg/ml, what are you worried about? A little higher won't hurt either as long as it isn't out of range - they add Estrogen to Trenbolone for a reason: More Cow Gains. Also, did you have the Sensitive Assay done?
"Sensitive Assay Done" no I have not had anything done besides blood work, however I'm trying to figure out my plan of what I want to do as I now know what my #'s are, I am mainly focusing on trying to get my E #'s higher & my FSH lower, im looking into natural herbs like red clover etc... to take daily to see what happens to my FSH. I am planning on getting another blood test done coming the end of May/early June to see what my #'s are at. But slowly I am seeing things turn for the worse, I ran Clomid (I had laying around from a while ago) which was probably not the smartest idea as it shot my E #'s WAYYYYY Down... I just assumed my T was low as I did not have my blood drawn. Either way i'm sure I will be ok as I am trying to workout daily to make sure my #'s are up to par and we'll go from there after my blood gets taken again. I jumped to the conclusion that I needed to start taking some sort of TRT supplement via injection. But I want to explore all my options before I jump the gun and start covering my natural issues with non-natural substances. Ill PM you a link to my thread in the anabolic section that has all my #'s that were taken since March.... The_Old_Guy

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You'd never be able to consume the amount of soy needed to make a physiological impact.

J

Jdurb1550

Awards
You'd never be able to consume the amount of soy needed to make a physiological impact.
that may be true but all i'm trying to do is just replace it to keep myself afloat I am not way trying to make my E lvl's into the "normal range" @ least ATM... I am thinking if I can sustain myself by intake of soy protein, and other things that contribute to the increase of E in my blood stream than I can see. like I said I will get my blood retested end of May/early June and see where i am at. If it is at a scary low level and has not increased from 16.1 than my only option is to pay out the butt for a doc to deal with my issues. But hopefully it will not come to that...

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
"Sensitive Assay Done" no I have not had anything done besides blood work...
I was talking about bloodwork - there are different ways the numbers can be derived:

The commonly used estradiol test may overestimate (or underestimate - T_O_G) estradiol. That test uses immunoassay technology that cannot differentiate C-Reactive Protein (involved in inflammation) from estradiol, so it reads the combination of the two as estradiol. This sensitive estradiol test is based on liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC/MS), an assay technology that does not have that limitation.
Also, from your other thread:
E = 16.1 pg/dl
First, is that a transcribing error? Should me pg/ml??? And 16.1 is between 15-20 - what's the problem?