Question regarding 1-Andro and using HCG for PCT

Thunder

Awards
Hey guys,

I posted this in the product forum for Olympus Labs, but nobody there has replied, so hopefully somebody here can assist me with this.

I won't take much of anyone's time, but I need a little help.
I'm thinking of running Olympus Labs' Sup3r-1 (1-Andro) at 330mg a day for 60 days and want to consider everything properly before starting.

Firstly, I have used this supplement before twice, but I don't want to go down the avenue of using SERMS like Nolva or Clomid during PCT as their potential negative effects just don't sit right with me. I have a significant amount of HCG that my general practitioner gave me a few years back, and I'm planning on using 250iu of that, twice a week during the entire cycle to keep my testicles rolling along as usual.

What I'm concerned about however, is that I don't have anything like Anastrozole or Aromasin and don't want to buy anything that my GP hasn't prescribed me. I do however have ample amounts of Arimistane which by many accounts, functions in a similar way to Aromasin.

What I'd like to know is on the very low dose of 250iu of HCG twice a week, would Arimistane suffice as an AI in the event that there was Estrogen spillover from the HCG?

Cheers fellas.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I doubt you'd have too much E2 conversion from the HCG. Unless you are very estrogen sensetivr.

Arimistane would be a gamble. Current consensus is that it has negligible to stop effect on E2 and exerts most of its benefits from modulating cortisol. Maybe look into one of the other OTC AI's.

Notnusre if you were implying this at all, but HCG is to not be used as PCT. HCG is suppressive in itself. If you've had issues with seems in the past, maybe yoir dosing was too high lower doses of Clomid work fantastically, with much fewer sides.

If not a serm, what do you plan to run for PCT?

lukinosnake

Awards
  • Established
This is a very bad plan in my opinion for the following reasons:
1. No SERM, NO cycle. As simple as that. If you do not wish to buy anything that has not been prescribed, then do not do anything that requires that step.
2. 1-Andro at 330mg per day is not very aromatizing. I HIGHLY doubt you would have any problem related to estrogen. Also, I HIGHLY doubt your balls are gonna need HCG
3. HCG is suppressive by itself, even more than 1-Andro at that dosage. It may do more mess than benefits.
4. Anastrazole or aromasin are not needed for something like that. An OTC would do just fine at thant dosage, by itself.
5. Arimestane lowers cortisol and it is not similar Aromasin. Like to compare candy to rum.

6. I find funny that you would not use anything that your GP has prescribed to you, but you are willing to take a lot of HCG leftover.
I imagine the doctor prescribed that in a scenario where you needed it, not now. Therefore it is like not having it the prescription as you are going to use the same stuff, but without doctor consent, in a different scenario, long time after it was originally prescribed to you with a precise need.

Thunder

Awards
Thanks for the information guys.

The HCG was prescribed to me as an alternative to TRT. Whenever my levels get extremely low, which happens from time to time, I use it for short periods to kickstart things again. It's proved successful multiple times over the years, and I generally only need to use it once or twice per year. I do however have some left over as I use very little of it whenever I actually need to use it.

250iu 2x per week is well below the documented amount that's said to desensitise the leydig cells, and having done this protocol multiple times over the past decade, my own bloods confirm that rather than suppress, it does quite the opposite (in my personal case). I thought that following a similar protocol, I could dose it twice a week whilst on 1-Andro to prevent the testicles from atrophying at all, and negating the need of a SERM.

It sounds like you disagree with this approach, however. You also suggest that an OTC would do just fine, however so many information sources say that an OTC will not suffice and that an actual SERM is required. There's a lot of conflicting information floating around the internet. Both a blessing and a curse.

As far as OTCs go, what would you recommend?

Cheers fellas.

lukinosnake

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the information guys.

The HCG was prescribed to me as an alternative to TRT. Whenever my levels get extremely low, which happens from time to time, I use it for short periods to kickstart things again. It's proved successful multiple times over the years, and I generally only need to use it once or twice per year. I do however have some left over as I use very little of it whenever I actually need to use it.

250iu 2x per week is well below the documented amount that's said to desensitise the leydig cells, and having done this protocol multiple times over the past decade, my own bloods confirm that rather than suppress, it does quite the opposite (in my personal case). I thought that following a similar protocol, I could dose it twice a week whilst on 1-Andro to prevent the testicles from atrophying at all, and negating the need of a SERM.

It sounds like you disagree with this approach, however. You also suggest that an OTC would do just fine, however so many information sources say that an OTC will not suffice and that an actual SERM is required. There's a lot of conflicting information floating around the internet. Both a blessing and a curse.

As far as OTCs go, what would you recommend?

Cheers fellas.
You really think that a prescription drug can be replace a mix of herbs in terms of effect? Give yourself a "commonsense-friendly" answer and you will have an answer.

With regards to OTC products (which I would not use anymore, even if I did in the past in this scenario) is Rebirth from BLR.

Again, I would not take such a risk, but hey! It's your skin buddy. You do whatever you want with it ;)

Thunder

Awards
I'm very confused by your response.

I didn't mention anything about a mixture of herbs anywhere in my previous post. I simply said that "you" said - "4. Anastrazole or aromasin are not needed for something like that. An OTC would do just fine at thant dosage, by itself."

I was just asking for clarification and more information on what you previously said yourself.

Cheers.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey saying: because 1-dhea doesn't aromatise you don't need a prescription AI and OTC one would work, if you really wanted one. Unnecessary though.

And HCG will keep your testicles sensitized to LH but when you come off cycle you might have low to no LH. The serm is there to boost your LH and FSH levels, signaling your testis to make testosterone. HCG will not prevent you from having any level of suppression. You need a serm post cycle.

lukinosnake

Awards
  • Established
Hey saying: because 1-dhea doesn't aromatise you don't need a prescription AI and OTC one would work, if you really wanted one. Unnecessary though.

And HCG will keep your testicles sensitized to LH but when you come off cycle you might have low to no LH. The serm is there to boost your LH and FSH levels, signaling your testis to make testosterone. HCG will not prevent you from having any level of suppression. You need a serm post cycle.
Thanks.

Thunder

Awards
I see. Thanks for clarifying mate.

Is the standard protocol for clomid 50/50/25/25?

lukinosnake

Awards
  • Established
I'm very confused by your response.

I didn't mention anything about a mixture of herbs anywhere in my previous post. I simply said that "you" said - "4. Anastrazole or aromasin are not needed for something like that. An OTC would do just fine at thant dosage, by itself."

I was just asking for clarification and more information on what you previously said yourself.

Cheers.
"Mix of herbs" refers to OTC PCT supplements which "supposedly" they should replace a SERM. I cannot tell you to use illegal stuff, that's your business. I just tell you what it is common sense to use for your own benefits in MY (and vast majority) of people.

I already give my opinion with regards to this and the AI, which it is not necessary, BUT, if you wish to incorporate one, an OTC would be just fine.

I am very confused about all this: you do not want to use SERMS as they are not prescribed, but you talk about Anastrazole and aromazsin, which are both to be prescribed:28:

Now, to be clear, what was YOUR plan for PCT?

Thunder

Awards
What I said about anastrozole and aromasin is that 1) I don't have either, 2) I'm not prescribed either and 3) would arimistane be a reasonable alternative, as it's legal and I can buy it without any issues from a store.

As mentioned, my plan was to run HCG throughout the entire cycle at 250iu twice a week, and then use arimistane post cycle which many supplement companies claim is sufficient for 1-Andro PCT. I believe however that on its own, it won't be sufficient, hence me wanting to run HCG throughout.

I will look into the Rebirth product you mentioned.

Thanks for your help.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Use torem then or at least ralox

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Run your Clomid at 25mg EOD or 12.5mg ED, for 8 weeks. No need to go over 25mg. That is the dosage used in almost all studies. Theres a level of deminishing returns and more Clomid = more side effects. Not more testosterone.

Thunder

Awards
Run your Clomid at 25mg EOD or 12.5mg ED, for 8 weeks. No need to go over 25mg. That is the dosage used in almost all studies. Theres a level of deminishing returns and more Clomid = more side effects. Not more testosterone.
Thank you mate.

Cheers.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are on TRT, then you don't need a pct, although 250iu hcg twice weekly does not sound like a trt hcg dose. HCG is suppressive so if looking to return to baseline, no it is stupid.