Question on Adipex, Contrave and Saxenda

G

Gabe95

Awards
My doctor asked me if I was interested in taking any supplements that would aid in my weight lost journey, and wanted to know if anyone had experience with taking anyone of these three, and whats is your thoughts on them?

Thank You

Adipex
Contrave
Saxenda

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My doctor asked me if I was interested in taking any supplements that would aid in my weight lost journey, and wanted to know if anyone had experience with taking anyone of these three, and whats is your thoughts on them?

Thank You

Adipex
Contrave
Saxenda
Adipex can assist you but you need to be careful.. Adipex can help but use it to assist you do not solely rely on it to do the work.
You need to adjust your diet and exercise regimen. Get the proper sleep. Adipex will affect your sleep also..

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tell us more about yourself:

Height/weight/body fat %/age/sex/etc/medical conditions

Exercise history/experience

Diet

Nothing will outdo/replace/overrule diet, exercise, and recovery of course, but knowing where you’re at would be a good thing IMO.

G

Gabe95

Awards
5'7 /260 /27 /35 /Male/medical conditions: None

Training weight and Cardio 10+ years

Diet
right now 5 to 6 meals a day, I haven't been checking track of my cals but I will abmit that my diet is not the best in the world

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Adipex will also cause some prostate issues and ed.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5'7 /260 /27 /35 /Male/medical conditions: None

Training weight and Cardio 10+ years

Diet
right now 5 to 6 meals a day, I haven't been checking track of my cals but I will abmit that my diet is not the best in the world
IMO, as a non-doctor with no medical experience, if you have a decade of lifting and cardio experience, and haven’t even been tracking your diet, I’d recommend you start tracking calories, ensure a moderate caloric deficit with sufficient protein intake, exercise smart with a plan, and you really shouldn’t need any of those prescriptions.

Do you tolerate EC or ECA well? That has a ton of research for weight loss, a demonstrated very favorable safety profile, and is actually muscle-sparing while cutting. I’d recommend it over the prescriptions mentioned earlier TBH. Plus energy from it is great on a cut, assuming you tolerate the stimulation well.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Adipex will definitely do it but so will any amphetamine. Meth will do it quicker.

It’s amazing to me that doctors can legally prescribe narcotics for weight loss.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Adipex will definitely do it but so will any amphetamine. Meth will do it quicker.

It’s amazing to me that doctors can legally prescribe narcotics for weight loss.
Especially when EC/ECA has MOUNTAINS of research demonstrating efficacy for weight loss, as well as a very favorable safety profile and minimal risk of dependence. Pluse muscle-sparing benefits too.

G

Gabe95

Awards
I've used the ECA before and it works well for me, I just can't find any ephedrine, Im not going to lie over the years Ive grown undisciplined with tracking my calories.

Side question, what advice would you give to someone who is in a commit relationship but there partner don't share the same discipline as far as far holding to a strict diet, or courting calories?

N

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Side question, what advice would you give to someone who is in a commit relationship but there partner don't share the same discipline as far as far holding to a strict diet, or courting calories?
Exercise together. Do something that makes it fun- beautiful hike, tennis, bike rides, etc. Hitting the gym doesn’t excite everyone.
Also, cook healthy meals together and enjoy it.
But if you’re truly concerned with their weight, and it’s bothering you, you may want to consider a different relationship.