Question about feeling burnt out and weaker

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Been lifting and doing great for about 1.5 year regularly Went today after being off for three days And I felt burnt and weak. What gives. Couldn't even lift as much as normal

murk01

murk01

Awards
Maybe overtraining. Take a full week off. And when you get back it might take a week or 2 to get back to ur current lifts but after that you should be able to lift more.
Also go very light on carbs and high protein moderate fat while ur off. ------- just what I would do

murk01

murk01

Awards
Also after some time off you do seem to feel weaker.... That's all mental

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
I have Been cutting carbs and high protein my whole stent of lifting. I just feel weak. Am I eating wrong or is there something I can do. I want to be huge I want to do anything Th ask for the input

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Put it this way I normally rep 15 then 10 then 5. And I couldn't even get my 15 full reps has to cut it back

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Feel drained and just tired. Sorry feel like I am sort of repeating the same thing. I don't mean to sound like that or make it like I am not listing. Just wanted to express the feeling never had this before and is odd.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I have Been cutting carbs and high protein my whole stent of lifting. I just feel weak. Am I eating wrong or is there something I can do. I want to be huge I want to do anything Th ask for the input
Food for thought... Big guys eat carbs. Check your caloric output vs what you are taking in and go from there you may be undernourished. Did you change your supplementation recently because there shouldnt be a difference just taking three days off

murk01

murk01

Awards
If ur in ketosis are u monitoring ur macro?

Can you post up ur last Mac and cal info??

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You need a deload week. I take one every 8 weeks and it is absolutely necessary. You allow your body and mind time to recuperate and come back stronger. It is hard to wrap your head around, but check with anyone that has been doing this a long time and we all do it.

murk01

murk01

Awards
Yeah. But if your just cutting carbs but not doing ketosis you could just be running low on glycogen during work outs

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Possible, but basing this off him commenting about lifting regularly for the last 1.5 years. He is due regardless.

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
I don't know what kaotis is or how you spell it. And I might need to get more in my diet. I work shift work so. I woke up and drank some juice and creatine before the gym and about 30 minutes went to the gym. And felt dead tired and no strength

murk01

murk01

Awards
Get fitnesspal log ur diet for a couple of days and post up ur macs.
I'm with kisaj to. Have you taken any breaks

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Not many. My shift work makes me take about 1 week every three weeks I get 1 week off with out working out. I haven't had this before sort of weird

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Not many. My shift work makes me take about 1 week every three weeks I get 1 week off with out working out. I haven't had this before sort of weird
Hows your sleep?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
@OP - after 10+ years at it...you cant get there over night. After 1.5 yrs you have just begun to feel the lows (and highs).

Discipline, dedication, perseverance, realistic expectations and a level head, otherwise its not for you.