Question about a first time TRT 'script.

PatWheeler

PatWheeler

Awards
I went to a TRT clinic this week and they said I qualify for treatment. I'm 42 years old with T levels of 440/8.5. They said <300 or <11 free qualifies you. I mean I'm not unhappy I guess, but surprised. They're going to give me 150mg of test C once a week, HCG once a week (I forget the amount) and .5mg of an AI once a week. The AI is something like Aztrozole (sp). Bloods every fifth week when I get my new batch of shots and things can be adjusted at that, or any, time.

My estradiol was 23.9. Should I take the AI right away? In my reading, people say to wait for the first month's bloods before starting an AI.

This will be my first injection of any kind so any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
More experienced guys who have been on trt long time will probably chime in as i am only early 20s but have been on "self prescribed" trt for few months (started as a cycle, didnt like the sides, went down to "trt" and stayed there for some time because i felt amazing).

For me, I felt best on 50 mg of test split into 2 injections per week with 400 iu of hcg 2 times a week. I would advise you do 2x a week instead of one. And i would start at 50mg 2x a week. You may not need more than that, some people achieve 1000 + test level on 100mg a week, last day before next injection.

I would definitely not take any AI unless high E2 symptoms arise. Estrogen is very beneficial.

PatWheeler

PatWheeler

Awards
Just got my first treatment. 150mg test c and 250iu hcg. I told her I would take the ai with me but I wasn’t going to take it unless needed. I asked about splitting into two shots per week and she said that would be fine. Bloods in five weeks and reassess.

My first injection. Both went well, I’m a natural

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your estrogen levels are within a normal range, but they will go up with the TRT therapy. I agree that you should only use the AI if you feel you need it, such as if you start getting sensitive/itchy/puffy nipples or extremely bloated. However, if your doctor wants you to use the AI throughout, I would follow their advice as opposed to random people on the internet. Just sayin... :)

Last edited:
PatWheeler

PatWheeler

Awards
Your estrogen levels are within a normal range, but they will go up with the TRT therapy. I agree that you should only use the AI if you feel you need it, such as if you start getting sensitive/itchy/puffy nipples or extremely bloated. However, if your doctor wants you to use the AI throughout, I would follow their advice as opposed to random people on the internet. Just sayin... :)
I’m not opposed to using it if needed, but after enough reading I decided it was best not to use it “just because.”

PatWheeler

PatWheeler

Awards
I’m not opposed to using it if needed, but after enough reading I decided it was best not to use it “just because.”