Quarantine Check In - How Are You Training ?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
justhere4comm

Very Nice, Enjoy !

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Josh141090
Very Nice !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
wfreiling

Where you moving in PA ?

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
We actually converted a space at home back into a home gym back in 2012. I've only been in commercial gyms since then when traveling. I've been transitioning the equipment from standard 1" to olympic 2" over the past few years. I'm actually trying to sell much of the 1" plates and barbells at the moment.

Current set up is:

- Valor power rack with high/low pulley cables, various attachments, and dip handle attachments
- Incline/decline adjustable bench w/preacher curl and leg extension attachments
- 365 lbs of olympic plates, 45lb oly barbell, 35lb oly barbell, and 50lb oly trap bar
- ~700lbs of standard plates, multiple 1"barbells and EZ-curl bars
- Up to 55lb hex dumbbell pairs
- 80lb hanging punching bag
- Peloton bike

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We actually converted a space at home back into a home gym back in 2012. I've only been in commercial gyms since then when traveling. I've been transitioning the equipment from standard 1" to olympic 2" over the past few years. I'm actually trying to sell much of the 1" plates and barbells at the moment.

Current set up is:

- Valor power rack with high/low pulley cables, various attachments, and dip handle attachments
- Incline/decline adjustable bench w/preacher curl and leg extension attachments
- 365 lbs of olympic plates, 45lb oly barbell, 35lb oly barbell, and 50lb oly trap bar
- ~700lbs of standard plates, multiple 1"barbells and EZ-curl bars
- Up to 55lb hex dumbbell pairs
- 80lb hanging punching bag
- Peloton bike

Now would be a great time to sell them.

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I lived in Erie for about 4 years as a kid and have some family up in Lancaster

Barn1234

Barn1234

Awards
Currently doing a lot of running, live in Devon so its very hilly which is great for a calf pump. Otherwise just throwing around 2x 25kg dumbells, a 20kg kettlebell, and 2 resistance bands. Wanted to invest in some more kit but it sold out in hours and the prices are extortionate at the moment :( so just doing full body sessions 5 times per week and hoping to maintain my weight.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Currently doing a lot of running, live in Devon so its very hilly which is great for a calf pump. Otherwise just throwing around 2x 25kg dumbells, a 20kg kettlebell, and 2 resistance bands. Wanted to invest in some more kit but it sold out in hours and the prices are extortionate at the moment :( so just doing full body sessions 5 times per week and hoping to maintain my weight.

A bit of a break from normal may be a good thing !!

Barn1234

Barn1234

Awards
Yeah you're right, was very broken by the end of the rugby season. So its given me a little time to recover from that, missing deadlifts though haha

How are you getting on?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah you're right, was very broken by the end of the rugby season. So its given me a little time to recover from that, missing deadlifts though haha

How are you getting on?
My knee's never miss deadlifts !! Life is good, I am lucky enough to have a home gym, so nothing has changed for me. Stay Safe !

J

Josh141090

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Attachments

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Josh141090 Looks like a nice set up !!

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5 days a week for the last 7 weeks I've done 300 pushups, 300 goblet squats with my single 45lb db, and pullups on my kid's playset. Also, riding the trails on my bike 2-3 days a week. I've lost strength no doubt, but with keeping up protein and TRT, I look just like I did pre-COVID.

Barn1234

Barn1234

Awards
That looks class. As soon as I get my new house sorted i think an investment in a rack, bar and bumpers is needed. Bad time for my rent contract to expire :/

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So nice to still have my gym....no jealously guys!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's ridiculous! Was it new? Il go buy one right now.
It's used. I think this is the 2007 model. So, not new at all, but it was sitting in a garage forever.
I had some real cleaning to do, but it's amazing. It's smooth, and I'm blown away at the quality.

I think you can get a newer one for $800/$900 on Facebook Marketplace if you keep your eyes open for them.
New these things sell for $2,000 without weights.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
$650 delivered in one piece on a flatbed w/ 300 pounds of weights and attachments.
Damn thats a steal even before the price gouging going on right now.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Damn thats a steal even before the price gouging going on right now.
Yeah, I got lucky as heck with this.
Then the elliptical trainer that's $3,000 new we got it for $300 from a few guys at McDill Air Force Base here.
A friend lent us their truck, so just gas, and a few ramps I rented from Home Depot for $20 and we are super happy.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I passed on a Complete Power Tech a few years ago for $350 I'm still kicking my own butt!

S

seanmitchell12

Awards
I'm doing body weight exercises. In the beginning they seemed to be very boring, but now i feel the results which i get during lock-down.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@wfreiling Getting it done!!

P

phillip5324

Awards
I've developed my home gym, and training in isolation, here gyms are opening soon, but I'll prefer training in my home for couple of months after pandemic.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've developed my home gym, and training in isolation, here gyms are opening soon, but I'll prefer training in my home for couple of months after pandemic.
I don't blame you, stay safe !

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So some time in 2022 you can go back to the gym lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I actually started liking training home alone too, but knowing there's ppl around me watching makes me push harder then when alone

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I actually started liking training home alone too, but knowing there's ppl around me watching makes me push harder then when alone
This is sad but very true !