Quarantine Check In - How Are You Training ?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How is everyone doing ? Are you still getting in your workouts? How ?
Home Gym ?
Band Training ?
Body Weight ?
Screw It I'm Getting Fat ?

Let's hear how you are copping, better yet some pic's .............

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My training hasn't changed at all, I am lucky.

I have more than enough in the garage. Maybe a bit more barbell than DB work since I only have a few pairs, but otherwise I haven't missed a step.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Whisky Sounds like you got things covered !

@Resolve10 Good for you. No Excuses !

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
I’ve got about 300-400 lbs of iron weights and a basic bench in the basement. I’ve been doing a lot more dumbbell work lately. Our therapy gym has two cable columns, so I’ve been doing most of my back, tricep, and shoulder work there. There’s a biostepnat work for cardio and I have a fold up stationary bike at home. I saw a Bowflex for sale for $100 bucks locally I might pick up.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m using the mountain dog bands as well as barbell and plates. No rack or bench. A lot of clean to strict press, squats, rows and deadlifts.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@KimChee & @wfreiling Just keep making it happen !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Mathb33 Equipment keeps getting harder to come by, good thing you got it when you did!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I actually have STARTED working out again. Leading up to this I had a 4-month layoff, which I hated, but had to do in order to get a project done that was killing me.

I have a power cage, a couple of barbells, olympic dumbbells, an adjustable bench with a leg extension and a preacher curl attachment, hyper extension bench, lat pull down machine, a leg press and right around 1000 pounds of weights. No change for me.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I actually have STARTED working out again. Leading up to this I had a 4-month layoff, which I hated, but had to do in order to get a project done that was killing me.

I have a power cage, a couple of barbells, olympic dumbbells, an adjustable bench with a leg extension and a preacher curl attachment, hyper extension bench, lat pull down machine, a leg press and right around 1000 pounds of weights. No change for me.
So something was preventing you from working out 45 mins to an hour a day?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Mathb33 Equipment keeps getting harder to come by, good thing you got it when you did!
It really is... I’m looking out for a few things and everybody is out of stock for every single thing it’s crazy.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
still doing lifting in my basement gym-which is what I've been doing for last 8 years...but since i'm not working able to get more running time in...ran 3 miles this morning, tomorrow going for 5 miles. feels good to run again after getting knee replacement.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Whisky Sounds like you got things covered !

@Resolve10 Good for you. No Excuses !
yeah brother I’m set. Shifted enough stuff from my gym to my garage before lockdown. Miss cables and a full range of DB’s (I let my members borrow them free) but I travel a lot and I’m used to having to change training depending on what I have - I actually enjoy it more sometimes.

i made a lying leg curl from a couple of bands and a hip circle as I wanted some hamstring stimulation to finish them off the other day, attached it to 100kg of weight, hip circle attached to bands and then feet and lying on belly. Worked well

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Im working with a bench, barbell, started with 300lbs of plates but i just picked up 2 more 25's and 2 33lb plates. A few random dumbbells, ez curl bar, hammer curls bar, pull up bar and some light cable and band stuff. My basement gym is coming along nicely. Nothing fancy but everything necessary

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Im working with a bench, barbell, started with 300lbs of plates but i just picked up 2 more 25's and 2 33lb plates. A few random dumbbells, ez curl bar, hammer curls bar, pull up bar and some light cable and band stuff. My basement gym is coming along nicely. Nothing fancy but everything necessary
Definitely enough to keep things going man! Nice stuff

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a couple of bands and some lighter dumbells. I've been doing a lot of plyo, bodyweight, high volume, yoga etc. exercises. I've also been walking a good 3-4 miles a day. I've already had a bit of a physique change showing more lines and striations vs. when I was lifting more heavy weight That being said not holding quite as much of a full look and I'm sure I might have a dropped a couple pounds or so just not having the heavy weight to really keep the mass part up. That being said again I'm really enjoying this type of training and the additional benefits I am getting from it in terms of better mobility, explosiveness, and flexibility. I think when the gym does re-open I won't be there quite as often. I'll be there for some heavy days and the rest of the days will be a mix of the above. Likely an even split between.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
- rogue y-1 yoke that ive been doing anderson front/Zercher squats, zercher and overhead carries, & overhead presses with.
- bowlfex dbs that go up to 52.5lb
-a **** ton of elitefts bands
-250 lbs of iron (yoke weighs 185 so 435 total weight)
- made a contraption that allows me to combine my dbs for heavier rows and single leg RDLs.
- have a 70lb Titan log I can use for log clean & presses, floor press, etc.
- spud inc econo tricep/lat pulley which has been super useful
- just bought a sled off spud inc that im excited to start using.

A lot more of my total volume is coming from accessories vs the main compound work which is how my training typically is. Just working on GPP and trying to maintain my overhead press as best I can since thats what had been going well for me prior to all of this going down.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So something was preventing you from working out 45 mins to an hour a day?
Yes. It was a bunch if stuff that all hit at once, but the big thing was a renovation project that I got sucked into in December. When I wasn't at work I was there until 11 at night most nights and all weekend every weekend.

I actually had a similar thing hit last year after my dad had his stroke and I had to build a bathroom - that was maybe more intense overall because there were periods where emergencies put us in the ER all day and all night and I had to work and I had to finish the bathroom before he got home - but it was about 2 months instead of 4.

This was a different project but almost as intense (much larger than a single bathroom, an entire house, but no medical stress). But working out would have been pointless anyway. Most days I was recording 70-80 flights of stairs on my watch and that didn't include the crap I was lugging when I did those stairs, or the hammering, pulling, lifting, etc.

Honestly, I have been resting pretty hard for a month and I still have days I can tell I am not recovered 100%.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes. It was a bunch if stuff that all hit at once, but the big thing was a renovation project that I got sucked into in December. When I wasn't at work I was there until 11 at night most nights and all weekend every weekend.

I actually had a similar thing hit last year after my dad had his stroke and I had to build a bathroom - that was maybe more intense overall because there were periods where emergencies put us in the ER all day and all night and I had to work and I had to finish the bathroom before he got home - but it was about 2 months instead of 4.

This was a different project but almost as intense (much larger than a single bathroom, an entire house, but no medical stress). But working out would have been pointless anyway. Most days I was recording 70-80 flights of stairs on my watch and that didn't include the crap I was lugging when I did those stairs, or the hammering, pulling, lifting, etc.

Honestly, I have been resting pretty hard for a month and I still have days I can tell I am not recovered 100%.
Damn. Feel you then lol that’s a hell of a 3-4 months. My lazy ass couldn’t do that

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Damn. Feel you then lol that’s a hell of a 3-4 months. My lazy ass couldn’t do that
Yeah, I actually wasn't really happy about it. I am sure you could do it. I know it sounds pathetic whenever someone says they don't have time to work out. I am glad to be back working at it. And I actually am a little thankful for some of the downtime this epidemic has given me, I needed the sleep.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My home gym consists of:

-95lb Log for clean and press, rows, and semi-supinated elbows in pushups
-75lb hex bar for deadlifts and farmer walks
-2 35lb farmers handles with lots of room to add weight
-45 lb bar with 500lb weights
-power tower for dips and pull ups that also has adjustable pins for a barbell to squat but too unstable for really heavy work
-450lb tire
-Kegs weighing 50lb and 200lb
-Prowler for sled pushing and on the way is a harness to attach to start pulling
-Also on the way are 2 individual stands for squat

I haven’t worked with this equipment in 4-5 years and I’ve missed it. Even when the gyms open back up, I won’t be going as often.

Edit: I forgot to mention the 120lb tire I have my wife and kids flip!

And the plan right now, every other day, 3-4 heavy sets of each:
Day 1:
Log Clean and Press
Trap Bar Deadlift or Traditional DL
Pull Up
Prowler Push
Lateral Raise
Curls

Day 2:
Squats
Tire Flips
Dips or Incline Pushups
Log Pushups
Log Rows
Inverted Rows
Farmers Walks

Last edited:
BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I bought an oly barbell, almost 500Ib weights, and made a squat rack with 2inch steel box tube and my stick welder. Also have heaps of bands, an old dumbbell set including maybe 120Ib 1inch plates. Workouts have changed to reflect not having access to hammersytength machines and a pull up bar, but so far going well.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love to see you folks all finding ways to get a workout in.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mad respect to everyone still getting it done! Im "lucky" in the way that I live in Sweden and everybody probably already know that there is no lock down here. So I go to the gym as normal every day before work.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Mad respect to everyone still getting it done! Im "lucky" in the way that I live in Sweden and everybody probably already know that there is no lock down here. So I go to the gym as normal every day before work.
You guys must be living right !!!

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I bought an adjustable bench and the bowflex db's, and a set of bands right at the beginning of this, glad I did. Between that stuff and some modified bodyweight exercises, I've trained full body nearly every single day since this started. Managed to not just maintain but continue making excellent progress through it all. The training isn't nearly as interesting or enjoyable, but still effective.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Beginning of my third week back. Did squats for the second time tonight. Added 10 pounds and still got 2 more reps than last time.

Granted, I am way out of shape and lost a lot of strength doing all the physical labor I was doing, but I really love return gains.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@jrock645 You must have been looking ahead, keep making those gains.

@HIT4ME You will be back in no time!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m on my way to pick up some promaxima squat stands, slowly but surely I’ll have my home gym back

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m on my way to pick up some promaxima squat stands, slowly but surely I’ll have my home gym back
I've been working on my for over 30 years !!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm loving it. Got everything I need except for nice machines. My bench is kinda of sketchy, though. Won't lie but.... it works
Bench - INC/DEC/FLAT
squats with a jerry rigged squat rack, usually tall garbage cans lol
db work
Farmers carry
Meadow's rows
Front Squats
Flys
Skullcrushers BB/DB
curls BB/DB/bands
Lunges
BB rows
Deadlifts
Band work
Pullups
Pushups

Lot's of cardio. I have access to a treadmill and elliptical, but only 2-3 times a week. I usually am averaging 18-20000 steps a day now vs 14-16k - I do this for discipline factors, as well

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Iwilleattuna You got it covered Brother!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm loving it. Got everything I need except for nice machines. My bench is kinda of sketchy, though. Won't lie but.... it works
Bench - INC/DEC/FLAT
squats with a jerry rigged squat rack, usually tall garbage cans lol
db work
Farmers carry
Meadow's rows
Front Squats
Flys
Skullcrushers BB/DB
curls BB/DB/bands
Lunges
BB rows
Deadlifts
Band work
Pullups
Pushups

Lot's of cardio. I have access to a treadmill and elliptical, but only 2-3 times a week. I usually am averaging 18-20000 steps a day now vs 14-16k - I do this for discipline factors, as well
Fluck cardio, go eat some zebra cakes, there highly anabolic. When your done just throw the wrappers in your squat rack

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fluck cardio, go eat some zebra cakes, there highly anabolic. When your done just throw the wrappers in your squat rack
man , I have to do cardio for mental benefits ie discipline and digestion aid/water retention

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Tomorrow 4 am fasted cardio, I don't like it but I got to do it!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I Like It.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just found a private gym that I just trained at that has EVERYTHING. I’m SOOOOO SYCED AND THANKFUL RIGHT NOW LOL

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Literally hit full body 😂 got a little carried away. It was so weird as I haven’t felt that pumped in a long time. Not using a machine for so long , got instant pumps

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad you got a gym and motivation !!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If anyone is looking for equipment, check Titan fitness. I ordered spotter stands that were backordered until 5/10... they’re being delivered Friday haha

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You will have to post a picture when you get them.