PVL Domin8 Pre-workout....anybody try it?

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just order a tub as the profile looks good to me. I can't seem to find any reviews or opinions about it on here. Has anyone tried it and what did you think?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Meh. It’s not “bad”. Caffeine heavy for my tastes.

Nitrosigine and Lions mane are low.

600mg is kind of a random dose of Taurine and Tyrosine.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I thought that adding one serving to a 1/2 serving of Daft Pump by Vicious Labs would be a good combo. I picked it up for $23.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
For that price it's not bad, here's the problem with adding a 1/2 scoop. Things have a dose needed to work, they also have a point of negative return or no further benefits. And this goes for everything I'm not specifically talking about the product you have.

Say product "a" has a full dose of ingredients x,y and z. But you use half a serving. Now those three specific ingredients might be doing absolutely nothing and you're just wasting your money. And doubling up on certain ingredients might have no added benefit therefore you're taking it for nothing. Get what I'm saying?

So what is daft pump missing that you wanna add a 1/2 serving of this product and what do you intend to gain from it.

I disagree with what you are saying. I don't do stimulants other than caffine anymore. So the PVL Domina8 peaked my interest. I love Daft Pump and use it taking 1/2 servings and I see a significant difference when using it. My thoughts were to take approximately 2/3 serving of PVL (430 mg/caffine per serving)- also give me between 5-6000 mg of Citrulline. Combine this with 1/2 of Daft Pump and I have what I like. I already like the way I feel on 1/2 serving of Daft Pump and know this is effective for me. Adding an additional 1/2 serving or a whole serving of the PVL will only give me added benefit along with the caffine I like.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This L-Theanine craze has GOTS TA STOP.
I wish the beta alanine craze would stop. It's almost useless In a pre workout. The dose of 3.2gm in most products is correct, but it takes approximately 3months of daily use at that dose before it starts working, and let's face it, not many people are going to remember to take the product every single day for 3 months straight to let it build up in their system. But we as stupid weight lifting folk think because we feel a itchy flushing sensation that it must be working.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wish the beta alanine craze would stop. It's almost useless In a pre workout. The dose of 3.2gm in most products is correct, but it takes approximately 3months of daily use at that dose before it starts working, and let's face it, not many people are going to remember to take the product every single day for 3 months straight to let it build up in their system. But we as stupid weight lifting folk think because we feel a itchy flushing sensation that it must be working.
Take it out and your product will not sell as well, simple as that. I have had customers return pres complaining they did not work correctly as they experienced no tingles. When I explained this was to be expected based on the product NOT containing BA they still wanted an exchange.

What you are hoping for is the uninformed consumers no longer driving product trends and formulations...............I wouldn't wait by the phone for that call to come if it were me lol.

I just take ba on off days and thus get the benefits of an ingredient I like. So many purchasers of pres are likely to not even be training three months later so what are you going to do.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You can disagree if you want, but it's called a efficacious dose. "Having the power to produce a desired effect" any ingredients in either product that taking a 1/2 dose gives you less then what's needed will stop that ingredient from doing its job. It doesn't mean all the ingredients stopped working.

I'm not saying it makes the product stop working,, but it makes some ingredients stop working. Especially if a product has underdosed ingredients to begin with.

Example: citrulline has a minimum effective dose at 3g. It's much better at 8

But dosing the product they way you want you will still get 6g and that's plenty. If the product only had 3 to begin with and you cut that to 1.5g then you would be getting nothing out of the citrulline.

Do you understand what I'm getting at?

I understand completely but what you are saying doesn't make sense.

If I take 1 serving of Daft Pump.......We know this product has an efficacious dose of each of its ingredients.
If I add 1/2 scoop of PVL then I'm getting a huge dose of citrulline, MY perfect dose of caffine. Along with some other decent ingredients even if they are a bit under dosed. Basically I can have my Daft Pump with the stims I want with some more pump ingredients for $23 more. Caffine pills upset my stomach so this is worth it to me.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
No need to get defensive. Seems you misunderstood me as well. I know what "efficacious" doses are. For me, Daft Pump makes a noticeable difference at just over half a scoop- I was simply wanting to add the PVL which has some pump ingredients as well as the caffeine I like as a stimulant. Or I could go the other way and do a full serving of Daft Pump and a 1/2 scoop of PVL which has additional pump ingredients. I figured for $23 it looks like a pretty good valve. Simple as that. I'm not in the habit of taking 1/2 doses of products to save money when taking 1/2 dose may be ineffective. I've been training and taking supplements probably longer than you've been alive. Yet many products give good results at 1/2 doses!!...............Carry on

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not being defensive, just making a point and trying to make what I was saying clear so we don't have to bicker back and forth. And again, I can see your not understanding what I'm saying. Your missing the point. And carry on was not ment as a negative comment. I was simply saying carry on with what your doing. I won't say anything else in this thread but please don't quote me and drag me back into the conversation.

Let's just agree to disagree

Yes we'll agree to disagree. Not sure what you are disagreeing with though. I understand fully what you were getting at with possibly wasting some benefits by half dosing certain products. PVL has 430 mg of caffeine which I will certainly feel at 1/2 dose. So my plan to add this to Daft Pump make sense for me. Caffeine pills seem to upset my stomach or I would just pop a couple and be done. My point was for $23 this stuff is cheap, gives me the only stim I want (caffeine) - still 215 mg of caffeine for a 1/2 dose. And on top of that has added pump ingredients (which Daft Pump doesn't need- but it sure doesn't hurt). I like to think of myself as a supplement guru- I have taken more than most with the exception of GDA's. I also take Epichaos and Vaso 6 daily year round- another reason why I don't need the full dose of many "pump" products to get a desired effect.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's all good, most of it is just us misunderstanding each other. No biggie, I just don't wanna beat it to death so I'd like to not continue the conversation. No hard feelings on my end. I'm actually going to remove my posts from the thread as a show of good faith.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My posts were removed, I am curious how old he is that he's been training and taking supplements for 40 years, that's pretty impressive, you up there with thebigT, he's 60+ still training and running marathons still.
Screenshot_20220208-213113~2.png

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm 52. Been training pretty much 37 years. Just got my bodyfat done and I'm at 15.1%. I'm stronger, leaner, and healthier than most people my age but I certainly don't do marathons or even enjoy running! Lol! Cardio is a chore for me and I make myself ride the stationary cycle and I prefer training with little to no rest time in between sets to get my heart rate up. Lifting and drinking Scotch are my 2 passions. I'm pretty much the go to "supplement" guy on my rig offshore as well as the guy that the younger hands come to for lifting advice. No hard feelings on this end as well.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You actually have been training as long as I've been alive 👍

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You actually have been training as long as I've been alive 👍

Of course when I was younger I was just an uninformed kid who loved lifting but back then they still had some nasty ass tasting liquid amino acids that I remember choking down when I was a young teen along with chugging raw eggs like Rocky Balboa!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Of course when I was younger I was just an uninformed kid who loved lifting but back then they still had some nasty ass tasting liquid amino acids that I remember choking down when I was a young teen along with chugging raw eggs like Rocky Balboa!
I still occasionally put raw whole eggs in my shakes when I'm short on time. If you zip them in a blender with some milk and a banana it doesn't taste bad at all.

About 2 years ago while getting ready for a bench press competition I was eating 4000+ calories per day the last 2 weeks. Every morning my shake was 1 cup fairlife milk, 1 scoop whey, 2 bananas, 4 tbsp peanut butter and 6 whole eggs. It's actually quite delicious

BluTactical

BluTactical

Awards
Do we really have to "remember" to take pre? If its in there, and we're working out year round, then the build-up is definetly there.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Do we really have to "remember" to take pre? If its in there, and we're working out year round, then the build-up is definetly there.
But how many ppl are working out 7 day a week, how many ppl are taking it on there rest days? Im willing to bet that less then 1% of ppl are taking there beta alanine daily for 3 months straight or longer. 99% of ppl are getting none of the BA benifits, there just getting itchy workouts lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you fall into the 1% that's great, but the rest are not. Also the large majority of ppl who use pre-workout are not serious trainers. There the guy or girl that works out half ass for a month and then takes 2 weeks off and back and forth. They think a pre workout is essential for them to make it through there work out. People who sell supplements know there clientele. Most ppl who live in the gym are not using pre workout very often. They take it on the days that they're feeling tired or sluggish when they need a boost.

So yes, most ppl would need to be reminded

BluTactical

BluTactical

Awards
But how many ppl are working out 7 day a week, how many ppl are taking it on there rest days? Im willing to bet that less then 1% of ppl are taking there beta alanine daily for 3 months straight or longer. 99% of ppl are getting none of the BA benifits, there just getting itchy workouts lol
Ah okay, I would have figured that the BA could be skipped a day or two during the week for similar build-up results, but if a strict daily load is requried then I definetly see why BA is overrated.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ah okay, I would have figured that the BA could be skipped a day or two during the week for similar build-up results, but if a strict daily load is requried then I definetly see why BA is overrated.
I don't know if missing a single day would make a difference, but if you're someone who's working out three or four days a week and you're only taking it on workout days it's not going to build up. But like the guy said earlier, if you take it out ppl stop buying it because now they can't "feel" it working.

But keep something in mind, the power of placebo effect. If that itchy feeling is making someone think that the stuff is working better, then they probably will convince themselves and have better workouts.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 1