Put on a lot of mass very quickly and resting heart rate went up significantly

widthbrah

widthbrah

Awards
so i was 170lbs lean shredded running multiple times a week at the end of one of my natty cuts, had my resting heart rate down to like 45, but i started a testosterone cycle recently and ive lost a lot of muscle over time in the past due to no longer weight training as much, so i went on a bulk and rebuilt all my lost muscle very quickly and some more and im now 215lbs barely fatter than before and my resting heart rate has shot up to like 100.

im only on 200mg of test e right now and thats it. should i be concerned? maybe i should start doing cardio now for health? lmk

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Idk if I can take you srsly. Are you saying you gained 45 pounds on 200mg's of test? In what time frame? Also, you RH being 100 is also hard to believe. You'd probably be in ER if that was true.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
so i was 170lbs lean shredded running multiple times a week at the end of one of my natty cuts, had my resting heart rate down to like 45, but i started a testosterone cycle recently and ive lost a lot of muscle over time in the past due to no longer weight training as much, so i went on a bulk and rebuilt all my lost muscle very quickly and some more and im now 215lbs barely fatter than before and my resting heart rate has shot up to like 100.

im only on 200mg of test e right now and thats it. should i be concerned? maybe i should start doing cardio now for health? lmk
to be honest I’m surprised it’s gone up that much bro.

for comparison I’m also mid 40s when I cruise on a 160 ish mg per week dose.

when I blast (as you can see below) my average does up into the 60s but I’m using a gram of injectables plus orals etc)

my cardio is consistent and i believe that helps me mitigate some of the issues but I personally don’t believe 200mg test only should have anywhere near that impact (200mg test won’t be that far out of normal range).

individual response of course means my experience won’t match yours but yours is way way out of kilter with what I would have thought (even taking into account the addition of mass - I’m 240 ish at 6’2 so not a small guy)

Attachments

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
to be honest I’m surprised it’s gone up that much bro.

for comparison I’m also mid 40s when I cruise on a 160 ish mg per week dose.

when I blast (as you can see below) my average does up into the 60s but I’m using a gram of injectables plus orals etc)

my cardio is consistent and i believe that helps me mitigate some of the issues but I personally don’t believe 200mg test only should have anywhere near that impact (200mg test won’t be that far out of normal range).

individual response of course means my experience won’t match yours but yours is way way out of kilter with what I would have thought (even taking into account the addition of mass - I’m 240 ish at 6’2 so not a small guy)
Heavy androgenic compounds like npp for example, raise my heart rate by a few points. Like from 59 to 65. That was on 400 test and 200 npp, and some orals I think. But I don't get that drive just from test and orals. Anyway, just a bit of test should not raise your RH by more then a point or two.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check your blood pressure as the extra weight can elevate that leading to increased heart rate.

widthbrah

widthbrah

Awards
Idk if I can take you srsly. Are you saying you gained 45 pounds on 200mg's of test? In what time frame? Also, you RH being 100 is also hard to believe. You'd probably be in ER if that was true.
i used to be 200lbs like way before. in two months i gained all that weight, starting with like 10lbs right off the bat off pure glycogen and water since i was at the end of a cut. the rest was just building back what i lost and some more. i also added mk677 so that probably accounts for at least 5lbs as well.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i used to be 200lbs like way before. in two months i gained all that weight, starting with like 10lbs right off the bat off pure glycogen and water since i was at the end of a cut. the rest was just building back what i lost and some more. i also added mk677 so that probably accounts for at least 5lbs as well.
What's your real resting heart rate?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
100 rhr isn’t crazy er levels, but is associated with **** health and a shorter life for sure.

40-50 is athlete
50-70 is normal
70-100 is poor but not uncommon

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A resting heart rate of 100 bpm would not put him in the ER lmao. Why are you saying that?
I know it wouldnt lawl. Just not right away. I'm just saying, that if your RH goes up from 45 to 100, then that is a serious issue he's having. I mean, we are not talking about a 10% increase here, but a 120% or how much is it ... And all that from a 200mg test + mk cycle.

You can look at a 100 bmp RH in isolation of any other factors and say, yes that's not unheard of, but puting it into context here, going from 45 to 100, clearly something is very wrong and he should discontinue whatever he is doing. I know I would.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And I'm also doubting that if he lies and calms down, it wouldnt actually be 100.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
100 rhr isn’t crazy er levels, but is associated with **** health and a shorter life for sure.

40-50 is athlete
50-70 is normal
OP is not an obese couch potato. He is an avid runner and a fitnes nut. Just sayin ...

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

40-50 is athlete
50-70 is normal
I agree with your idea in this thread saying 100 is pretty damn unhealthy long term but your view on what’s normal and what’s not is a bit skewed imo. 50-70 is not "normal". I would say 65-75 is what we see the most in society. 75-80 is also pretty damn common. 45-50 would be 1% of society and 50-60 would be extremely good. I consider myself way over general population and I’m only about 55-62. I walk 10 000 steps a day, (for 5 years) do cardio 5 times a week and train. General population will often be in the 75s if not more.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree with your idea in this thread saying 100 is pretty damn unhealthy long term but your view on what’s normal and what’s not is a bit skewed imo. 50-70 is not "normal". I would say 65-75 is what we see the most in society. 75-80 is also pretty damn common. 45-50 would be 1% of society and 50-60 would be extremely good. I consider myself way over general population and I’m only about 55-62. I walk 10 000 steps a day, (for 5 years) do cardio 5 times a week and train. General population will often be in the 75s if not more.
Yeah, 45 is basically brahicardia (no idea if spelt correctly). I had that after my last cycle. And it was caused due to low androgens and a dissregulated thyroid.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I agree with Math here and think that under 50 is a good/low RHR even for professional athletes. Between 40-50 is what marathon runners, cyclist, skiers and those type of athletes have.

Also that table would put me in the normal range and not in the athlete range, I don't like that..

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
yeah to be fair when I first wrote the post I thought about qualifying it more and my other phone went so I posted without.

I don’t disagree with what you say and it’s how you term normal. I meant normal for those of us into fitness.

for gen pop above 70 is standard (I tried to cover that saying poor but not uncommon, not worded well but meant people who don’t look after health so much)

widthbrah

widthbrah

Awards
And I'm also doubting that if he lies and calms down, it wouldnt actually be 100.
i took it in the morning with no caffeine or anything in my system it was exactly 80. i guess i was just stressed out all day.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

my heart rate stays 90-100 fairly regularly. i have to get a yearly cardiology visit but hes not too concerned about it and i feel fine. i have a leaking heart valve that they are keeping an eye on but he doesnt seem too worried about that either lol
edit: i just checked mine...bp is 113/85 rhr is 97. cardiologist is at vanderbilt so he should be fairly trustworthy lol! :)

Last edited:
Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i took it in the morning with no caffeine or anything in my system it was exactly 80. i guess i was just stressed out all day.
That's better. Take it in bed next time, in the evening, after you've already laid in bed for at least 5 minutes.