Proviron + Clomid = shutdown anyways?

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Please understand that my sole objective here is mental well being and libido thanks to androgenic effects, I am not after muscle building specifically.

I have been on very low dose clomid for natural T boosting for close to 6 months now, and it works well (12.5mg/week).
Never done a cycle.

I want to throw in Proviron as I have symptoms of 5a reductase deficiency, although never tested for it. Low libido, juvenile face, lack of motivation, although my test is >1000ng/dl and my E2 are perfectly in check.

Question: would adding Proviron nullify the effects of Clomid on LH as it would create a negative feedback loop?
I know that Clomid is useless while on testosterone: would that be the same while on Proviron?

I read the anecdotal log of someone using Clomid + Proviron with Proviron not affecting negatively his LH levels

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Proviron would not create a negative feedback loop, it would activate one. Fortunately the androgen induced negative feedback is nowhere near as strong as the estrogen induced. That leads to some effectiveness of Chlomid in regard to stimulate the HPTA as long as the exogenous androgens do not aromatise heavily and the dosage does not get too high.
Even Dbol induced suppression can be migitated by chlomid, as long as the Dbol dose is sufficiently low and the chlomid dose sufficiently high.

Chlomid IS effective on top of exogenous Test! However only a small effect will take place.

You would have to up your chlomid dose for sure. To find your doses much bloodwork would be needed so you could just start with tests for 5a reductase as well...

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
proviron has been shown to not be suppressive in doses as high as 100mg a day in men

it is theorized that it acts as a potent aromatase inhibitor. If that is true than the pro-HPTA actions of the estrogen depletion could counteract the anti-HPTA actions of the compound as an androgen
:thumbsup:

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Proviron would not create a negative feedback loop, it would activate one. Fortunately the androgen induced negative feedback is nowhere near as strong as the estrogen induced. That leads to some effectiveness of Chlomid in regard to stimulate the HPTA as long as the exogenous androgens do not aromatise heavily and the dosage does not get too high.
Even Dbol induced suppression can be migitated by chlomid, as long as the Dbol dose is sufficiently low and the chlomid dose sufficiently high.

Chlomid IS effective on top of exogenous Test! However only a small effect will take place.

You would have to up your chlomid dose for sure. To find your doses much bloodwork would be needed so you could just start with tests for 5a reductase as well...
I'm getting blood work done for DHT tomorrow actually

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
:thumbsup:
I've seen 2 studies finding that when given 100mg proviron daily, normal healthy men with normal levels of T and LH saw the levels of these two decrease by 20%.
Men who got low T and LH to begin with actually saw a slight improvement in these 2

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've seen 2 studies finding that when given 100mg proviron daily, normal healthy men with normal levels of T and LH saw the levels of these two decrease by 20%.
Men who got low T and LH to begin with actually saw a slight improvement in these 2
Why are you telling me?