Protein shake recipe #1. Make protein shakes taste like ice cream

channelx99

Awards
Not sure if many other people do this, but my girlfriend who hates all kind of health food and protein bars absolutely loves these and always asks for them so they must be ok :)

Buy a bunch of bananas, peel them, break them in half and toss them in a ziploc bag in the freezer overnight.

Add milk, your desired protein powder (rich chocolate and chocolate mint are favorites), and then add 1 to 1 1/2 frozen bananas to a blender and have at it.

I usually go with 12oz milk, 2 scoops of protein powder and 1 1/2 bananas depending on the size of them and how thick you want your shake, and I use one of the small personal blenders.

The result is a protein shake that comes out very smooth and the same consistency as an ice cream milk shake.

For something a little extra, you can buy sugar free pudding mix and add a spoonful or so to give it a new flavor. Pistachio mixed with vanilla or chocolate protein is absolutely awesome.

kelly92970

Awards
I don't use frozen bananas but I do use the Sugar Free Pudding and Vanilla MRP mixed with SF Pistachio Pudding is the BEST EVER - tastes just like pistachio ice cream. SO GOOD!
I use the Lean N Fit mix so it tends to be nice and thick and creamy already - no banana needed for me! :)

AllMaxBrian

Awards
SF pudding mix is a great addition, also mixing with cottage cheese and freezing makes it more like ice cream.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
im sure it tastes great...

just like frozen bananas + milk blended would taste great.

i think bottom line though is bananas + milk introduce a lot of sugar, which is hard to justify on cutting and even some cleaner bulks.

pfafkl13

Awards
frozen bananas are amazing, Toss in some frozen strawberries as well and you have something great.

real tdawg

real tdawg

Awards
dole makes re sealable packages of mixed berries and strawberries. i used those and keep em in the freezer then ad them with bananas sometimes

i still use water though. not milk

the fruit also work good on whole grain waffles for breakfast

dhayes

Awards
ok here goes my first post

i love my shake i made up and im clueless here

strawberry whey from wallmart, frozen banana's, add refridgerated green tea

they remind me of mcdonalds !

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
If these shakes are for PWO just use real ice cream.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 12
HawaiianPride Recipes 8
Recipes 18
thesinner Recipes 40
Recipes 8