Protein shake +carbs intra workout ?

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
How many of you guys who compete so this and what are your thoughts on this ? I got the idea from layne norton. I eat a cup of oats with 8 egg whites 1-2 hours before training and 12 ounces of tilapia with cup of brown rice post workout. Rest of the carbs for the day will come from veggies. Is it a good idea to do a 40g whey protein shake with vpx carbonx intra workout ? I weight train for 1-2 hours 6 days a week followed with 30 min cardio session eod.

mazzaiii

Awards
Have you tried it? I can't really do like a regular protein intra. I'm doing bcaas and love it but an actual shake has me running for the can.

I'm doing like one serving of endurance bcaas it has beta and cop. I like it

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
What I have been doing instead is I take in a whey isolate protein shake with 2 tpsp of honey as soon as im done weight training or pre cardio after weight training to spike insulin and restore glucagon in the muscles that way I perserve muscle and get all the nutrients delivered to the muscle. Then half hour to one hour later I take in an whole foods meal consisting of low gi carbs and protein. So all my carbs are targeted around my workout. Low GI carb pre, High GI carb asap after weight training, then low gi carb post workout meal. Rest of the day carbs will only come from spinach or brocolli.

mazzaiii

Awards
What I have been doing instead is I take in a whey isolate protein shake with 2 tpsp of honey as soon as im done weight training or pre cardio after weight training to spike insulin and restore glucagon in the muscles that way I perserve muscle and get all the nutrients delivered to the muscle. Then half hour to one hour later I take in an whole foods meal consisting of low gi carbs and protein. So all my carbs are targeted around my workout. Low GI carb pre, High GI carb asap after weight training, then low gi carb post workout meal. Rest of the day carbs will only come from spinach or brocolli.
As long as your stomach can handle it I say it looks good man.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'll lift and then have a shake and go do cardio, I've been loving it so I see no issue with it.