Protein powder

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Need some input, need to order some powder to re stock. I was going to do the ALLMAX classic whey from dps. Then I was looking at the ANSI iso 32?
Has a decent looking profile

Have never tried it and would hate to get 5lbs of crap. So any body tried it? Or have any other good recommendations?

thanks!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are you looking for a 'good deal' or is taste the priority?

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Preferably a good deal and good tasting. I would take taste over the deal though.
I got my dad a tub of the 'Chocolate Gelato' Rule1 Source 7 from DPS, was on sale for like ~37 so not a bad price. Taste is pretty good. I've had a few samples from their 100% whey as well and those were pretty good.

My go-to's are usually on the pricier side and more geared towards flavor... PES, MuscleSport, Axe & Sledge, Alpha Lion all have some pretty great tasting options.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I got my dad a tub of the 'Chocolate Gelato' Rule1 Source 7 from DPS, was on sale for like ~37 so not a bad price. Taste is pretty good. I've had a few samples from their 100% whey as well and those were pretty good.

My go-to's are usually on the pricier side and more geared towards flavor... PES, MuscleSport, Axe & Sledge, Alpha Lion all have some pretty great tasting options.
The axe and sledge ones have been good I have had a few tubs!

I was curious about the rule 1, the pistachio gelato one was catching my eye.

my last pick was at Sam’s club they had a sale on the Cbum raw, I grabbed the dark chocolate. Was not a fan of that, it did not mix very well in milk and the taste was just off for some reason.

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
The axe and sledge ones have been good I have had a few tubs!

I was curious about the rule 1, the pistachio gelato one was catching my eye.

my last pick was at Sam’s club they had a sale on the Cbum raw, I grabbed the dark chocolate. Was not a fan of that, it did not mix very well in milk and the taste was just off for some reason.

The rule 1 7 gelato series protein (salted caramel) is amazing tasting and at a great price point on dps. Havent tried the pistachio but it will be my next to try.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Revolution Nutrition/High Whey and myprotein are both having sales now. Love the profile and taste of RN/High Whey, 6 lbs for $49

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Need some input, need to order some powder to re stock. I was going to do the ALLMAX classic whey from dps. Then I was looking at the ANSI iso 32?
Has a decent looking profile View attachment 239137

Have never tried it and would hate to get 5lbs of crap. So any body tried it? Or have any other good recommendations?

thanks!
The ALLMAX strawberry is on sale at DPS right now. Silly price for two 5lb tubs. If I didnt just buy the RP Hypertrophy App for the year (good advice btw thank you!) I’d be buying 20lbs

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

thanks!
From a profile point of view, having only five grams of flavourings and "fillers" per serving is really good. I can't comment on taste or texture as I've not tried it myself.
My usual Go-To is MyProtein as they're the best for price/value and have an incredible range of different flavours and different types of protein powders. If flavour is your top priority I'd suggest PES or Dymatize, which are both still good profile and taste wise, but pricier.

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

thanks!
Honestly, that tastes terrible to me. I will never buy it again.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Poorboy supps has 2x5 lbs of Nutrex premium whey (chocolate and vanilla) for $69 (free shipping for orders $75 (I think or at least $100) vanilla actually really good, chocolate is meh

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's better than allmax, but not by a ton. I am just being picky. You might like it, I don't know.
Oh gotcha the allmax you didn’t care for. I appreciate the input, no worries on being picky. I have had a hard time buying protein that I have liked so that’s why started the thread.

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh gotcha the allmax you didn’t care for. I appreciate the input, no worries on being picky. I have had a hard time buying protein that I have liked so that’s why started the thread.
I usually stack coupons at vitamin shoppe and get pes protein. That is my go to. Amazon actually has some good deals as well.

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pes is on-sale at vitamin shoppe. If you do subscribe its 28. Then they have 20 off 100. Should be under 25 a tub shipped

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pes is on-sale at vitamin shoppe. If you do subscribe its 28. Then they have 20 off 100. Should be under 25 a tub shipped
Vitamin Shoppe on line has right now Arms Race Nut on a DEEP clearance !
I picked up 6lbs of the Choc Lava Cake, 6lbs of Strawberry Shortcake, 4lbs of
the Fruity Cereal Whey Isolate, and 1 tub of Harness PW for $91 shipped for FREE. :)

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've had a lot of different proteins over the years. I've settled on Beverly International being my brand of choice. I use UMP and Muscle Provider. Taste is on point and I trust I am getting what's on the label. It's a little pricey but I don't care.

GothamsReckoning

GothamsReckoning

Awards
Best prices I have found for protein has been Costco. I either buy optimum or vital collagen

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vitamin Shoppe on line has right now Arms Race Nut on a DEEP clearance !
I picked up 6lbs of the Choc Lava Cake, 6lbs of Strawberry Shortcake, 4lbs of
the Fruity Cereal Whey Isolate, and 1 tub of Harness PW for $91 shipped for FREE. :)
I grabbed 3 of the choc lava cake (along w/two Select choc cupcake that were on sale, $20 coupon for orders overs $65, so paid $75 for all 5 tubs, love a deal) that my VS had (they had no strawberry flavor) and I can understand why they were clearing these out after having tasted it, lol I had to double check that it had any sweetener in it, one of the least tasty proteins I've had in a long time, but can't beat the price.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I grabbed 3 of the choc lava cake (along w/two Select choc cupcake that were on sale, $20 coupon for orders overs $65, so paid $75 for all 5 tubs, love a deal) that my VS had (they had no strawberry flavor) and I can understand why they were clearing these out after having tasted it, lol I had to double check that it had any sweetener in it, one of the least tasty proteins I've had in a long time, but can't beat the price.
I got 3 of the Strawberry Shortcake and its EXCELLENT I wish I would of grabbed more.
The Choc Lava is decent but nowhere near as good as the best Lava Cake protein I've
had from Scivation XTEND which is now ridiculously priced. I have 2 of the Fruity Cereal
Isolates but I haven't cracked it yet but for $9 a tub and free shipping you can't beat it!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got 3 of the Strawberry Shortcake and its EXCELLENT I wish I would of grabbed more.
The Choc Lava is decent but nowhere near as good as the best Lava Cake protein I've
had from Scivation XTEND which is now ridiculously priced. I have 2 of the Fruity Cereal
Isolates but I haven't cracked it yet but for $9 a tub and free shipping you can't beat it!
Another nearby VS still had 3 tubs of the strawberry and 3 tubs of the fruity isolate in stock and VS was offering $20 off for app users yesterday, so grabbed all 6 (12 lbs) for $58 lol, picking em up tomorrow

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Another nearby VS still had 3 tubs of the strawberry and 3 tubs of the fruity isolate in stock and VS was offering $20 off for app users yesterday, so grabbed all 6 (12 lbs) for $58 lol, picking em up tomorrow
That's a steal for that price! I'm jealous!

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That Strawberry flavor is fantastic for overnight proats and for mixing in with plain yogurt
or cottage cheese. I haven't cracked open yet the Fruity Cereal isolate yet so no comment
on that one.

LucasBagoDoce

Awards
I've had a lot of different proteins over the years. I've settled on Beverly International being my brand of choice. I use UMP and Muscle Provider. Taste is on point and I trust I am getting what's on the label. It's a little pricey but I don't care.
Best tasting CnC powder I’ve ever had. It’s so good it’s unreal. Almost a problem having that at home, I want to have some every 30 min lol

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's my biggest concern...I don't trust what I'm getting with most of these companies, including PES. Still quite sure OG Alphamine was spiked.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Beverly is the best protein out there. You just hear nothing about them because they are an old school company with very little social media.
Do they have third party testing verifying label claims?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do they have third party testing verifying label claims?
I'm not aware of the answer to that as a lot of brands won't share those anymore - which I understand their side because there have been so many cases of a random company then grabbing someone else's test results and photoshopping it and trying to pass it off as their own.

I can't speak from experience as I've never tasted their protein and don't think I've ever taken a single product but them and can't speak for them in 2024, but the last I had any interactions with anyone at Beverly was in the mid 20-teens and at that time I would have had no worries of their products meeting labels claims.

Long story short - can't vouch for them now, but unless something has changed in the last few years, I trust their quality.

I'm kind of a creature of habit with protein - one big reason is I don't trust a lot of brands and second one is I have food allergens and cross contamination is a big possibility with protein powders and allergens - so 90%+ of the time I drink the same ones which are Trutein and Ketogenics and just rarely venture away from that unless I see a flavor that I just have to try.