Unanswered Protein powder.. What do ya'll use?

Nickec9

Awards
I currently use this and want to see what others use so I can do some research and experiment with a new protein powder.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I currently use this and want to see what others use so I can do some research and experiment with a new protein powder.View attachment 188076
Optimum nutrition, most flavours have great taste. My protein is good value and pretty decent taste and lots of flavours

determination

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PES select is my favorite. I keep trying other protein powders and I keep going back to select. Peanut butter cookie and snickerdoodle are some of my favorites.

Nickec9

Awards
Heard some good feedback on PES protein and anything peanut butter is 👌 with me.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just grabbed 7lbs of Dymatize Iso100 for $60

I also rotate
Sparta Whey
PEScience Select
Rule 1 Whey Blend or Isolate
Ghost Whey
Gaspari Proven Egg

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anything that doesn't have sweeteners like sucralose, malitol etc. and are stevia or more natural based which are difficult to find honestly. I also prefer blends and not straight whey which makes it even tougher. I'm not picky otherwise as long as they are clean sources.

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don’t think I’ve used a protein powder in the last 9 months.

come to think of it, I might have used maybe 5 scoops all year.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Scivation Xtend Whey Pro Isolate

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If I’m not being real strict on my diet, I’ll add sugar free Nesquick to a chocolate shake for a little more thicker and tastier shake.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Currently I'm working through a 10 lb bag of Myprotein and also have a 5 lb tub of Chaos and Pain Kraken

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sparta and Rule 1 both have some good stuff

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PEScience Select and Olympus Labs Superior Protein (almost finished my last of it)
That OL Superior Protein has been fantastic for overnight proats and getting it on that
bogo deal 2 for $39.99 plus tacking on a 10% off holiday code makes it even better :)
20190717_121923.jpg

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t think I’ve used a protein powder in the last 9 months.

come to think of it, I might have used maybe 5 scoops all year.
I’m with you, I literally can’t be bothered with protein powder

Rather eat, or just get RTD drinks

Just picked up a few cases of protein water, apple pear and berry blast- 20g protein and I can sip on it at work

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've always liked the taste of ON whey or PES Select whey.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Adding a spoon of cocoa powder and peanut butter to any chocolate kinda flavour shake pimps it hard for me

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The Solution posted the information below in an older thread. I saved it for future reference.
If cost is not an issue:
XF 2.0 (LCP, Cinnamon Roll, Mocha, Chocoalte Mint)
MSI Lean Whey (Lean Charms, Oatmeal Cookie etc...)
Ghost Whey
Beverly UMP (CNC is amazing)
Metabolic Nutrition (PB Cookie is GOAT)

A little costly but not breaking the bank:
MTS (Pumpkin, Red Velvet, PB CnC, CnC, Triple Aussie Biscuit)
Nutrabio
Iforce Protean (Blueberry & RV)
Sparta Nutririon (Cinna Crunch and PB Cups)

Cost Effective:
Dymatize Whey (Choc PB, Choc Cake Batter, Snickerdoodle, Chocolate Fudge)
Cellucor (Cinn Swirl, Choc PB, Molten Chocolate)
PES (Vanilla, WCM, PB Cookie, SnickerDoodle)
Animal Whey (Banana, Red Velvet, Cookies & Cream)
Rule 1 (Banana, Fudge Brownie, Red Velvet, Pumpkin)
USP Labs

Isolate:
MAN Sports Iso (All the flavors are great I have tried)
Dymatize Iso-100 (Birthday Cake, Orange Cream, PB, Choc PB)
Allmax Isoflex (Choc PB)
Gaspari Precision (Blueberry, Neo, CTC)

Vegan:
PES Vegan (Choc is best)
AI No Whey (Pumpkin)
SAN Raw Fusion
Ghost Vegan

Nickec9

Awards
Currently testing out MTS products atm. I'll have to give their protein a try.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Currently testing out MTS products atm. I'll have to give their protein a try.
I like his flavoring, but it settles extremely hard on the stomach (Bloating/Gas/GI Distress) I know quite a few others experienced this as well. That is why I have not picked up some in quite some time.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SELECT has been my protein powder the last couple of years now.

LvlUpStrength

Awards
Bodybuilding Warehouse Performance Mass and Warrior Whey, available in the UK.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like his flavoring, but it settles extremely hard on the stomach (Bloating/Gas/GI Distress) I know quite a few others experienced this as well. That is why I have not picked up some in quite some time.
I never tried MTS Whey but I've seen others mention what you've said about stomach
issues and they've had the same problem.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MRE lite
It’s dairy free and all the flavors are solid

Marco402

Awards
I currently use MTS whey. I switched from ON Gold Standard because it made me bloated and gassy. I guess I’m the oddball lol.

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whilst not strictly a protein powder I’ve today had a couple of samples of Blackstone Labs ‘Fast Food’ and I was really impressed with the Chocolate PB flavour. Really light in ‘mouthfeel’ and tasted great.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Whilst not strictly a protein powder I’ve today had a couple of samples of Blackstone Labs ‘Fast Food’ and I was really impressed with the Chocolate PB flavour. Really light in ‘mouthfeel’ and tasted great.
I would be more concerned with their 3rd party testing and meeting label claims from BSL
Don't judge a protein off flavor alone. Especially in a world where a lot of companies did not meet label claims.
If they can prove a 3rd party test or COA then that is another issue.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Whatever is the cheapest and has whey isolate as the first ingredient

Nickec9

Awards
Anyone tried PES Select peanut butter cup personally ? Is it easy on the stomach/good taste?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Anyone tried PES Select peanut butter cup personally ? Is it easy on the stomach/good taste?
One of my least favorite flavors from the brand.
Here is my current list of favorites on my last Youtube Video

My Ranking of Select Flavors:
1. Vanilla
2. White Chocolate Mint
3. Amazing Cake Pop
4. Chocolate Mint Cookie
5. SnickerDoodle
6. Peanut Butter Cookie
7. Frosted Chocolate Cupcake
8. Strawberry Cheesecake
9. Peanut Butter Cup
10. Cookies & Cream

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Best protein and best tasting? Promises Protein. The people who formulate and flavor proteins for most legit companies out there were flavoring ours and after ten rounds of tasting, i went in and changed up a few things structurally (mostly to the formula) and what came with the next round was perfection.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Olympus Labs’ superior protein muscle building edition and some vegan protein from BulkPowders

As far as I know Superior protein’s the most effective protein on the market and I love the fruity cereal flavour. Its easy on the stomach too. The pharmaGABA in it makes me a bit too chilled out for my liking tho except before bed

you wouldn’t believe how nice the white chocolate coconut flavoured vegan protein from BulkPowders is and it’s cheap

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Olympus Labs’ superior protein muscle building edition and some vegan protein from BulkPowders

As far as I know Superior protein’s the most effective protein on the market and I love the fruity cereal flavour. Its easy on the stomach too. The pharmaGABA in it makes me a bit too chilled out for my liking tho except before bed

you wouldn’t believe how nice the white chocolate coconut flavoured vegan protein from BulkPowders is and it’s cheap

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
agreed on the bulkpowders flavouring and cost but is there any reason you’re using their vegan powder when you’ve no problems with consuming dairy?

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Which one contains least sweetener of the bunch?
Anything that doesn't have sweeteners like sucralose, malitol etc. and are stevia or more natural based which are difficult to find honestly. I also prefer blends and not straight whey which makes it even tougher. I'm not picky otherwise as long as they are clean sources.
BulkPowders’ vegan protein is worth a try. It’s only sweetened with stevia, the white chocolate coconut flavour’s peng and the stuff’s cheap. Vegan/vege protein might also be better for you especially if you supplement with extra BCAAs (the Gamechangers on Netflix is worth watching)

vega sell protein powder that’s only flavoured with stevia if I remember right but that stuff’s not cheap

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A combination of factors led to me trying it

- I came across a study which found that plant proteins are better for your progress and performance so long as the ratio of amino acids you consume is good and has plenty of leucine
- whey sometimes doesn’t sit too well with me and whey isolates make me bloated sometimes
- most whey products on the market are sweetened with sucralose which has a number of negative side effects which I’d like to avoid as much as possible and the ones which are sweetened with stevia really aren’t cheap. Meanwhile BP’s vegan protein is cheap and is sweetened with stevia
- I’ve been trying to limit my carbon footprint and so wanted to cut down on my consumption of animal products

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

- I came across a study which found that plant proteins are better for your progress and performance so long as the ratio of amino acids you consume is good and has plenty of leucine
- whey sometimes doesn’t sit too well with me and whey isolates make me bloated sometimes
- most whey products on the market are sweetened with sucralose which has a number of negative side effects which I’d like to avoid as much as possible and the ones which are sweetened with stevia really aren’t cheap. Meanwhile BP’s vegan protein is cheap and is sweetened with stevia
- I’ve been trying to limit my carbon footprint and so wanted to cut down on my consumption of animal products
Fair enough

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lets compare Whey and Vegan biological value (BV)
Whey: contains all of the essential amino acids needed by the body. This is essential for muscle function and repair.

Whey also contains special molecules called immunoglobulins that stimulate immune function. It also has higher amounts of the amino acid cysteine which is the key precursor to glutathione, a powerful detoxifier and antioxidant.

Plant based proteins only contain only some of the essential amino acids and are considered to be of lower biological value. The most frequently missed are the amino acids are methionine, isoleucine, lysine, threonine and tryptopha

If you can stomach Superior Protein (Which is a blend of WPC and Casein), but yet struggle to consume a pure isolate that would raise a redflag on what isolates you got and their purity.

The amount of sucralose you would have to consume for negative side effects is a very large amount. Getting some from your protein powder won't make or break your progress. If you wish

If you wish to choose a vegan that is fine, its a personal preference. I find they do settle easy as do isolates, but may cost ya a bit more (pending brand, price, flavoring etc), and a lot can't mask the chalky taste of the raw actives.

I would also say isolates "Should" and would settle for the general consumer far more then a blend of WPC and Casein would. Granted OL throws in a digestive enzyme to counter this, but perhaps you had some other factors attributing to the bloating or stomach discomfort since you do supplement a heavy dose of products from time to time.

Last edited:
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

The Solution has already responded as well as is humanly possible, but I’m going to question your claim that any study found vegan protein to be superior to whey protein regarding progress. At best, they’ve noted no difference. At best. And that’s a big assumption regarding ratios of amino acids and leucine; as The Solution said, many vegan proteins are incomplete, while whey is inherently complete.

Furthermore, regarding price, which is relevant, as opting for cheap vegan protein often means getting something with a suboptimal amino acid profile, I’m not too sure I agree with you there either. You can get WPC for very, very cheap. WPI is a little more pricey, but still not bad, and blends aren’t terribly expensive either and are likely even better than anything else if you’re actually talking about gains and progress. And, as Solution already said, whey is actually generally healthy beyond just protein.

If you want to go vegan for ethical reasons, be my guest, but let’s not get carried away about its efficacy.

Edit: looking at BP’s stevia-sweetened proteins, their vegan one is £15 for 500g, with ~23g protein per 35g, or £1.05 for ~23g protein, while their whey is £13 for 500g, with ~23g protein per 30g, or ~23g protein for £0.78. The natural whey isolate is £15 for 500g, with 26g protein per 30g, giving you ~23g protein for £0.80, which is still cheaper than the vegan protein.

The whey is cheaper, and sweetened the same way from the same company. Even the whey isolate is still cheaper. So, even if the vegan one is cheap, the whey is cheaper, so the argument that the vegan protein is more affordable than naturally sweetened whey is also wrong.

Last edited:
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Of the flavors available now, Peanut Butter Cup is my favourite. I have it every day.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lets compare Whey and Vegan biological value (BV)
Whey: contains all of the essential amino acids needed by the body. This is essential for muscle function and repair.

Whey also contains special molecules called immunoglobulins that stimulate immune function. It also has higher amounts of the amino acid cysteine which is the key precursor to glutathione, a powerful detoxifier and antioxidant.

Plant based proteins only contain only some of the essential amino acids and are considered to be of lower biological value. The most frequently missed are the amino acids are methionine, isoleucine, lysine, threonine and tryptopha

If you can stomach Superior Protein (Which is a blend of WPC and Casein), but yet struggle to consume a pure isolate that would raise a redflag on what isolates you got and their purity.

The amount of sucralose you would have to consume for negative side effects is a very large amount. Getting some from your protein powder won't make or break your progress. If you wish

If you wish to choose a vegan that is fine, its a personal preference. I find they do settle easy as do isolates, but may cost ya a bit more (pending brand, price, flavoring etc), and a lot can't mask the chalky taste of the raw actives.

I would also say isolates "Should" and would settle for the general consumer far more then a blend of WPC and Casein would. Granted OL throws in a digestive enzyme to counter this, but perhaps you had some other factors attributing to the bloating or stomach discomfort since you do supplement a heavy dose of products from time to time.
Which sweeteners got tested, this not all true, study in mice showed aspartame for example in coca cola can alter body for the worse, they whiping studies from the net as big pharma run the show, just google how many alternative healers and doctors have died in america by mysterious death in last 5 years, this maybe a bodybuilding forum but I try to add in some alternative chat and knowledge so ppl can start investigating and aiding their bodies

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Which sweeteners got tested, this not all true, study in mice showed aspartame for example in coca cola can alter body for the worse, they whiping studies from the net as big pharma run the show, just google how many alternative healers and doctors have died in america by mysterious death in last 5 years, this maybe a bodybuilding forum but I try to add in some alternative chat and knowledge so ppl can start investigating and aiding their bodies
🤨🤨🤨

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
“Can alter the body for the worse.” No mention of how or what doses. Very science. Many sources. Much “knowledge.”

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
“Can alter the body for the worse.” No mention of how or what doses. Very science. Many sources.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Big pharma run the show... on aspartame?

Yeeeaahhhhhhhhh

What studies, exactly, have been removed by Big Pharma?

Last edited:
00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
“Can alter the body for the worse.” No mention of how or what doses. Very science. Many sources.
You really think they publish a negative study, I will try find you on google or youtube as probably most taken down, not trying to make up

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You really think they publish a negative study, I will try find you on google or youtube as probably most taken down, not trying to make up
There are plenty of studies published with negative results, particularly when you’re talking about rodent studies using high doses over long terms. Look at the studies on Cardarine; very promising human studies showed it worked well and was well-tolerated short-term, but concerns with long-term safety and cancer risk in rodent studies lead to it being scrapped. There are irrefutably studies published with negative results.

And if your smoking gun is a YouTube video, don’t waste either of our time...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
?

Aspartame isn't some super secret Gov'ment project. It's a sweetener. This isn't a conspiracy.

Aspartame is made up of aspartic acid and phenylalanine, and breaksdown into numerous things, including methanol.

The above is where people latch their teeth and get a bit antsy - however lots of things we consume contain methanol, including apples. It's the dose that makes the poison, and you'd need a lot of aspartame to kill someone.

Aspartame has been the subject of controversy since it was created. It was created in the wake of Cyclamate and Saccharide being banned due to associations with tumor growth and Searle had mucked up the safety data big time. I'd say its reputation hasn't really ever recovered and people are still out to see it's removal from products.

Last edited:
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I just don't understand why Big Pharma would even care about something that isn't a medication, or why anyone would want to hide evidence that it is toxic.

Other sweeteners had been given the axe by the FDA simply because there was an association between their use and tumor growth.

Saccharide got chopped despite a lot of kick back from the general public who wanted to keep it

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EpiStrong Supplements 30
LJ57 Supplements 23
LJ57 Supplements 1
akboom87 Supplements 34
Supplements 7