Protein Factory?

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Anybody ever use proteinfactory.com? How are their flavors, etc?

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I use them all the time, just placed an order yesterday. Their prices & product are great & the service is good.

The free flavors are pretty weak, not that they taste bad, but you can barely tell there is flavoring at all. There are premium flavors that cost extra, those are just like store bought protein flavors.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Did you use the custom protein option. What were your percentages? And what for BCAA's? I could ask more... :p

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I buy a custom 75/25 casein/egg blend that I use in MRPs. I throw a scoop of that, a scoop of whey, & a scoop of ground oats. I also make a custom night blend of 40% casein, 40% milk isolate, 20% whey- that I use before bed. I get my whey from all the whey, Its cheap & tastes better.

Never bothered with added BCAAs, I really don't think its necessary. Can't hurt I guess.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
I use them all the time, just placed an order yesterday. Their prices & product are great & the service is good.

The free flavors are pretty weak, not that they taste bad, but you can barely tell there is flavoring at all. There are premium flavors that cost extra, those are just like store bought protein flavors.
I've been using them for well over a year now. Vanilla with Splenda can usually make any mix taste decent.

Gumbo

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
I would like to have some maltodextrin in my shakes, but I am still undecided if it would be better to order from someone like this and have them mix it all for me. Or just to buy the seperate powders and mix them myself.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I would like to have some maltodextrin in my shakes, but I am still undecided if it would be better to order from someone like this and have them mix it all for me. Or just to buy the seperate powders and mix them myself.
I've had them mix it & done it myself. I find it easier & cheaper to just buy dextrose & maltodextrin a brewery supply store & mix it as needed. I only use it PWO anyway.

You could just get 2 custom blends, 1 with malto for PWO & 1 for MRP or whatever else you want.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Ahh...I never thought about a brewery supply store. Is it much cheaper?

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
I use them and really like their products. What made me a fan was being able to use stevia as a sweetener. I don't like using the fake sugars and the stevia works great. I use their organic egg powder which tastes great, the CFM whey and super bovine(which is what is in ergopharm's new protein, I think). For a post w/o shake I add some HRS, made from rice, to my whey. Very nice!

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Protein Factory has the shittiest customer service I've ever seen in my life...

I DO like their products, but OTOH, the only reason I use 'em is because the board sponsors don't carry egg powder...

I placed an order a week and a half ago, and it still isn't here....ever have to go through 3 or 4 days w/o powder? It fvcking sucks balls man....meanwhile I had to purchase some "ON" chocolate egg from GNC...spent 30 damn dollars for like a day and a half's worth...the stuff tastes like satan's asshole...

Called up today and asked about my order....she said "Well, it looks like it wen't out today and you'll be receiving on Monday"...I was like wtf?? She said that since it isn't pre-packaged, it takes longer....Yeah right, good fvckng excuse...and so I said "Well then why does it say on the site items arrive in 2-5 business days?" She said, "Well it was mailed out on the 4th day." Pfff...yeah right...she can't even keep her fvcking story straight man...she just said that it went out yesterday and that wasn't the 4th day...

WOW....at least be honest when you fvck up you know?? So, I'll be an ex-customer from now on...that along with knowing Nelson Montana is on their payroll, it disgusts me...

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Was just about to update on the other thread but as of now I've only tried lemonade wpc. Not bad. Not bitter.;) But at the same time not lemonade. More of a slightly-lemony somewhat creamy flavor. Bland. Just sweet enough, maybe adding a little lemon juice will help.

rnrkennedy

I placed an order a week and a half ago, and it still isn't here....ever have to go through 3 or 4 days w/o powder?
Yeah, for that reason, I always place a custom order with them about two weeks before I run out of powder. Not great customer service, but I tolerate it due to the great prices they offer and the option to customer blend.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Was just about to update on the other thread but as of now I've only tried lemonade wpc. Not bad. Not bitter.;) But at the same time not lemonade. More of a slightly-lemony somewhat creamy flavor. Bland. Just sweet enough, maybe adding a little lemon juice will help.
Thanks Supa.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, for that reason, I always place a custom order with them about two weeks before I run out of powder. Not great customer service, but I tolerate it due to the great prices they offer and the option to customer blend.

Yeah man.....now I gotta make another special trip before I go out tonight just to pick up some more expensive butthole tasting protein at GNC...so far I've spent 48 dollars for 3-4 days worth of protein cuz these assholes totally screwed me and left me hanging like this....this REALLY pisses me off...totally fvcks up my plans for the weekend...

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
You can use stevia at DC/Dante's trueprotein.com and it's cheaper than PF.
Thanks for the tip. I'll give them a try. As for PF's customer service, it does suck. I have a wholesale account and I still get the runaround at times. I found making them e-mail me when the product ships works well.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Supa.
No prob. I found that adding a few packets of unsweetened kool-aid (6-10 per lb., depending on your desired degree of tartness) makes it taste goooood.:)

Don't know what to do about the blandness of the MPI yet though. May have to add baking chocolate and splenda.

Nice and cheap quick fix seeing as they're about 10 for a buck. :cool:

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
They still any good? TP has me waiting 2 weeks for the shipment.... UGH! It's like I have to order on the same day that I get my shipment, and that's 10lbs at a time... :rant:

rocketscientist

Awards
They still any good? TP has me waiting 2 weeks for the shipment.... UGH! It's like I have to order on the same day that I get my shipment, and that's 10lbs at a time... :rant:
Yes, they're good. I've been using them for 5 years now and only had delayed shipment once, some 4 years ago (early 2002 or so). Otherwise I always got my orders within a week or a little more (considering I use ground shipping). My last order (custom mix) was shipped next day. I don't know if they have special mix days (I ordered Monday), but if so I never noticed. And you can always call them up and ask or send them an email.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Yes, they're good. I've been using them for 5 years now and only had delayed shipment once, some 4 years ago (early 2002 or so). Otherwise I always got my orders within a week or a little more (considering I use ground shipping). My last order (custom mix) was shipped next day. I don't know if they have special mix days (I ordered Monday), but if so I never noticed. And you can always call them up and ask or send them an email.
Thanks for responding!

Besides the shipping, how is the quality of the product? Ever noticed something wrong? Some people are bashing them mercilessly, and that just might be all BS...

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I went through them and TP a couple of times. Maybe Matt will get something going for protein on his custom mix link at CNW. That would be cool.

rocketscientist

Awards
Thanks for responding!

Besides the shipping, how is the quality of the product? Ever noticed something wrong? Some people are bashing them mercilessly, and that just might be all BS...
Never found anything bad with them, so I don't know what this is about. I can really just go from my experience and I certainly wouldn't order from them if I found anything wrong.

The added flavors might not be the best, but I can't really judge since I always take the cheapest flavoring (if I take flavored powders) and rather spend the money on good protein. And I prefer moderate flavoring since I mix in the protein with other stuff and can always add flavors and sweeteners if I wish.

And you get the powder in bags (double bagged), but other places probably do the same thing.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Just like I thought... There's people who will bash any and every thing. I'll order from them myself and tell you guys about it...

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
Just like I thought... There's people who will bash any and every thing. I'll order from them myself and tell you guys about it...
I haven't used them in over a year, but I've always had good luck with them.
Just expect up to a week to receive your order, unless their shipping has changed.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Ive used them as well for protein, and thought highly of the product. They get bashed on another board cause their representative was a moron.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Dunno, I mostly use TP now for everything. they were always good to me though.

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
I've used them a bunch throughout the years. Haven't had any problems.
Now I mainly use them to get the HRS, or Olig Carbs. Their Torque Formula is pretty good when flavored with Pink Lemonade, but it's fairly expensive. When I just need protein I use TP because it's a little cheaper, and supposedly they're getting some new carb powders in the future.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 23
Supplements 6
Supplements 29
Supplements 8
MrBrightside Supplements 0