Unanswered Protein before bed breaking fast?

vkg1

Awards
I’m considering doing a 16/8 fast but I both like breakfast and protein powder before bed. So many studied have shown the latter to heavily promote protein synthesis.

If I did all my eating between 9 and 5, but then had 30g of protein powder before bed, would I no longer be fasting? Or is it ok to have 120 calories if it only contains amino acids (protein)?

Any advice on how to fast but still get protein before bed would be greatly appreciated.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m considering doing a 16/8 fast but I both like breakfast and protein powder before bed. So many studied have shown the latter to heavily promote protein synthesis.

If I did all my eating between 9 and 5, but then had 30g of protein powder before bed, would I no longer be fasting? Or is it ok to have 120 calories if it only contains amino acids (protein)?

Any advice on how to fast but still get protein before bed would be greatly appreciated.
That would break a fast, temporarily stop fat burning, and halt autophogy.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My recommendation, get all your protein in the feeding window. 2 to 3 large bolus amounts of protein.

SMS

SMS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
1- shift your timing Schedule so your last meal is before bed
or
2- you don´t need protein before bed if you are eating your total daily requirements withing the meal timing you have stablished