Protein and Water

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
All the time. You dont get as much protein, as the milk usually adds another 8-10 grams, but you also keep the calories down with water which is why i do it.

That and i dont like the taste of most protein powders so i use lukewarm water in my shakes to help dillute the taste. Thats just my personal preference tho

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I only mix it with water if I'm concerned about the added sugar and carbs. Most of the time it's skim milk though

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
Normally I used water but also almond milk (unsweetened) is a good options as it adds taste and is much less caloric than regular or even skinny milk!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yup all the time, only thing ill throw in is egg whites 10-15g at times with water mixed in ... delicious

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use water most of the time. I prefer the taste of almond milk to water in shakes, but I don't always have some, and water is much better if I'm on the go, since I can either just bring a bottle or fill it up at a water fountain.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will mix a 50/50 Water and Coconut Water, or a portion Whole Milk (Organic Grass Fed only)

SlavicStrong

Awards
I use water, and I also use a plant-based protein powder, tastes great in water, much, much better than whey.

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
Skim milk if I have it, which is always if I'm at home but after my workout I usually just use water as it's right there. Taste and consistency are better with milk but it's not a necessity.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't remember the last time i used anything but water. However i only buy protein that tastes good so i don't need anything to add flavor. Almond milk is a great substitute though.

SlavicStrong

Awards
Which one do you have? We have a few different at my house but they all taste like ass :(a
I have Vega Protein and Greens, vanilla flavor, and it tastes really good in water, however, it is expensive to keep buying..so I might just bulk, raw brown rice protein. I've heard raw brown rice protein doesn't taste too bad, but I can manage a the mediocre flavor if it will last me longer, be cheaper, have the same effectiveness.

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
I can't remember the last time i used anything but water. However i only buy protein that tastes good so i don't need anything to add flavor. Almond milk is a great substitute though.
What protein would you recommend for that?

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Water, skim milk, or unsweetened almond milk here. Sometimes I need a quick shake, other times I go all gourmet in the blender.

My go to is Allmax AllWhey Gold. Easy on the wallet, good on taste, and ez to mix

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
These are interesting idea to try out. I've always used fat free skim milk. I watch my carbs do I will give water a try.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have Vega Protein and Greens, vanilla flavor, and it tastes really good in water, however, it is expensive to keep buying..so I might just bulk, raw brown rice protein. I've heard raw brown rice protein doesn't taste too bad, but I can manage a the mediocre flavor if it will last me longer, be cheaper, have the same effectiveness.
How much do you pay for it? I usually pick it up for <$25 for the 2lb

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Must say...I am a little shocked to hear that water is the most popular. Never would have guessed it! I have used 1% milk forever, as I welcome the extra calories and protein..not to mention the thicker consistency of the shake itself.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I personally prefer water over milk. I find the flavor to be better and not clouded by milk.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Must say...I am a little shocked to hear that water is the most popular. Never would have guessed it! I have used 1% milk forever, as I welcome the extra calories and protein..not to mention the thicker consistency of the shake itself.
Surprising to me as well. I thought most people use milk or at least almond or cashew milk.

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
I also like much more a thicker shake but I need to be mindful of the extra calories ;-) therefore almond milk AND frozen fruits help giving that texture to the shake in the blender.

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
Hope the OP doesn't mind but if he does pelase feel free to delete this message. Think we made it clear that most people use water and those who use milk, on its majority uses unsweetened almond milk.

Now; which protein powder do you guys use? Which one is the best? I have only tried ON one but looking forward to taste different ones soon -ie Select grom PES.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hope the OP doesn't mind but if he does pelase feel free to delete this message. Think we made it clear that most people use water and those who use milk, on its majority uses unsweetened almond milk.

Now; which protein powder do you guys use? Which one is the best? I have only tried ON one but looking forward to taste different ones soon -ie Select grom PES.
There is no best for protein powder. Taste is too subjective.
If you are brand loyal, or enjoy certain flavors, by all means stick to the company that you desire and also is cost effective. Now cost effective does not always mean you get what you pay for.
What I would suggest is do your research and make sure the brand you choose to your liking is 3rd party verified and passes a test and can provide a COA to meet label claims.

MAN Sports
Animal Whey
PES (https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/pes-select-protein-lab-test)
Scivation
USP Labs
Rule 1
MTS Nutrition

Now if money is not an option and you don't mind spending a bit more:

XF 2.0 one of the best tasting on the market ---> Lemon Cream Pie, Cinnamon Roll, Triple Chocolate, Mocha
Metabolic Nutrition PB Cookie
Beverly Cookies & Cream and Rocky Road
Muscle Sport Lean Charms, Cookie Crisp, Oatmeal Cookie (These actually have pieces of cereal in the batter)

all very good brands I would suggest and choose. Not to mention they make a lot of delicious flavors you can choose from/rotate between.

I personally always use cashew or almond milk, very easy on digestion and makes the shakes much thicker then water. Especially if you have a Ninja or nice blender on hand to throw in a handful of ice cubes. Comes out almost like a smoothie. For minimal calories you get a nice added touch of flavor.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I mainly use water to because most of the time i'm taking my shake on the go and water is the most convenient thing. Although on the weekends I like to mix it with milk and add that to my total calories and macros. I like the thicker texture with milk but it goes down quicker when I use water.

SlavicStrong

Awards

Even though I'm not vegan, I personally prefer a plant based powder over whey, because plant based digests better for me, as it does for most people, and the fact that pretty much all vegan powders are free of artificial sweeteners and all those extra additives. Now honestly, as stated before, there is no best powder, the cheapest brown rice protein vs the most expensive whey will be equally effective. All it really comes down is what taste you like, and if you digest it well. Protein's protein, pea, rice, whey, pretty much just as effective for your goals.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

My personal favorite with water would have to be Gaspari Nutrition Precision Protein Neapolitan Ice Cream

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My personal favorite with water would have to be Gaspari Nutrition Precision Protein Neapolitan Ice Cream
This one is still on my radar. I had a sample of the chocolate off their line and it was pretty damn good. Pretty rich, and packed a bold chocolate flavor.

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
If you are brand loyal, or enjoy certain flavors, by all means stick to the company that you desire and also is cost effective. Now cost effective does not always mean you get what you pay for.
What I would suggest is do your research and make sure the brand you choose to your liking is 3rd party verified and passes a test and can provide a COA to meet label claims.

MAN Sports
Animal Whey
Scivation
USP Labs
Rule 1
MTS Nutrition

XF 2.0 one of the best tasting on the market ---> Lemon Cream Pie, Cinnamon Roll, Triple Chocolate, Mocha
Muscle Sport Lean Charms, Cookie Crisp, Oatmeal Cookie (These actually have pieces of cereal in the batter)

all very good brands I would suggest and choose. Not to mention they make a lot of delicious flavors you can choose from/rotate between.

I personally always use cashew or almond milk, very easy on digestion and makes the shakes much thicker then water. Especially if you have a Ninja or nice blender on hand to throw in a handful of ice cubes. Comes out almost like a smoothie. For minimal calories you get a nice added touch of flavor.
So very true and I should have clarified that. When I said best I clearly meant best tasting one (within those that are respected brands/qualities). I mostly like the smoothie type of drinks, so the thicker the better. If any suggestions I would definitely be glad to hear.

Normally what I do to obtain that thickness is to use frozen fruits with it such as banana, almond milk, ice and chocolate protein powder.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Full cream milk. NZ milk is amazing

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I don't mind, and I am always up for some protein recommendations.

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Water, skim milk, or unsweetened almond milk here. Sometimes I need a quick shake, other times I go all gourmet in the blender.

My go to is Allmax AllWhey Gold. Easy on the wallet, good on taste, and ez to mix
And great protein! Their hexapro is great too. Love allmax

Sent from my SM-G920V using AnabolicMinds mobile app

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards

MAN Sports
Animal Whey
Scivation
USP Labs
Rule 1
MTS Nutrition

The sup store I work at sells booko loads of the lean charms. The ladies love it more, actually

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I personally HATE MILK. Never drank it as a kid (I had a lactose issue when I was a kid) so I have always mixed my shakes with water

I used milk and almond milk only a handful of times and I actually hated it.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I was totally unaware. What do you think about stuff like this now? Personally, do you think it would be ok/problem fixed? (2017)

Seeing there was never a response showing the problems were fixed I am uncertain. I personally would avoid it seeing as there are many other great choices on the market.
Another reason why lots of other companies were found guilty of the same practice. better to trust those who have a COA or 3rd party test to verify you get what you pay for. Meaning what is on that label.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the Precision Protein love! Neapolitan is such a good flavor.. more on the horizon.

This one is still on my radar. I had a sample of the chocolate off their line and it was pretty damn good. Pretty rich, and packed a bold chocolate flavor.
I'm going to need to get you some one of these days.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thank you for the Precision Protein love! Neapolitan is such a good flavor.. more on the horizon.

If you got some samples even ghetto baggy samples let me know what I can send you
Hell if you got some other flavors too I'll send ya a product in return to try them out
There is a lot of good feedback... I was pleased with the chocolate sample I got from the new precision line

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

No problem. I could rep that stuff all day. I wouldnt do any other product, and need to look into some of the other great products y'all have

Ray Donovan

Awards
I mainly use water to because most of the time i'm taking my shake on the go and water is the most convenient thing. Although on the weekends I like to mix it with milk and add that to my total calories and macros. I like the thicker texture with milk but it goes down quicker when I use water.
This.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
danielmoo The Solution do either of you have any ATP products. I know this isn't a protien and water question just a general question. I currently run Con-Cret Peak 400 ATP.

This is a pic of its labeling