Protect hairline from DHT

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any good ways?
I've heard it's not only DHTs fault but it's relation to other hormones. But what hormones? Can't find that.

Any meds that don't have side effects ?

Any natural ways?
Don't say saw palmetto.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I got nothing on the science of it, but Nizoral shampoo really does help. A bit pricey but it’s otc and every gal that’s ever smelled it loves when I use it. It can raise estrogen ever so slightly I believe but as I am using an AI on cycle it’s irrelevant.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
RU-58841 for DHT compounds including trestolone and trenbolone, and most oral AAS.
Finasteride, dutasteride or RU-58841 for testosterone.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
RU-58841 for DHT compounds including trestolone and trenbolone, and most oral AAS.
Finasteride, dutasteride or RU-58841 for testosterone.
So RU58841 doesn't block DHT or reduce it's positive effects?
Seems interesting

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So RU58841 doesn't block DHT or reduce it's positive effects?
Seems interesting
You should research it for yourself, but from what I remember you apply it topically and it blocks DHT from binding to androgen receptors. Surely some does make it systematically though, which may reduce the androgenic effects of steroids in other tissues.

Nothing else will protect your hairline from non-testosterone steroids to any significant extent except topical spiro and trust me you don't wanna touch that crap.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I found rogaine to work just fine.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I found rogaine to work just fine.
This would be a worthwhile addition.

Depending on how prone you are to MPB. If you are 30 and still have a full thick head of hair you're probably golden. 30 and moderate loss? Better hit it with all you can.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any good ways?
I've heard it's not only DHTs fault but it's relation to other hormones. But what hormones? Can't find that.

Any meds that don't have side effects ?

Any natural ways?
Don't say saw palmetto.
Many say estrogen ratio plays a factor.

You looking for a solution on cycle or just in general?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DHT will only affect hairline if you are genetically prone to it. I would certainly not take anything that would lower DHT as it is what makes us men and you will feel like crap with low DHT. You can use a topical for your hair directly to see how that makes a difference, but that is about as far as you should go.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DHT will only affect hairline if you are genetically prone to it. I would certainly not take anything that would lower DHT as it is what makes us men and you will feel like crap with low DHT. You can use a topical for your hair directly to see how that makes a difference, but that is about as far as you should go.
If I look at my relatives then I'm genetically prone.
I know DHT is important. I was actually hoping someone has ideas how to protect the hair without affecting DHT but topicals should work well too .

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Many say estrogen ratio plays a factor.

You looking for a solution on cycle or just in general?
Both.
I've noticed my hairline move before (while not on cycle) and kind of afraid what future cycles might do.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cortisol can also, apparently, cause hair loss.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just take a ton of bodybuilding ancillaries and block all your hormones that aren’t test. Problem solved. (No, don’t)