Prolactin and Progesterone blood work help

CJP1987

Awards
Hi,

I have had blood test results showing high prolactin and progesterone levels. Estrogen is however showing in range.
I had the blood test done as a I ran a PH cycle of Superdrol about 10 years or so ago in my mid-late 20's and ran PCT, but was heavily shutdown at the time and I was naive and unsure if the PCT at the time was sufficient, though I cannot remember now what PCT was used.
I had been seeing my GP over the past few years as I do not believe I recovered properly, though I do not think the doctors were doing correct blood work to test for any underlying issues as they were not testing Estrogen etc
Anyway as I say I now have blood work which shows raised prolactin and progesterone levels.

Can anyone please provide advice on high prolactin and progesterone and any suggestions for lowering this?

Attachments

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm not familiar with those ranges (suppose I could convert to my most recent tests) but ranges are not 100% tell tale sign of an issue. Some people naturally have out of range levels for various hormones, so if you have previous prolactin tests to compare to would help also.

I've recently come to find, crashing prolactin can be just as bad or worse than slightly high prolactin. I'd try the above (or Inhibit P captures most of it) and see how it turns out.

How do you feel? Currently my prolactin is outside of range by a smidge, I had prolactin issues when I was younger so we got a MRI to make sure it wasn't prolactinoma. Turns out it is probably from Kratom use. Anyway, symptoms seem to be low libido and one sensitive nipple for myself. No lump or anything just sensitive and slightly puffy.

CJP1987

Awards
Natural ways, you could try vb6 300-400mg per day and vitamin e 400-800iu
thanks for the response. How long would you suggest taking the Vitamin b6 and vitamin E for at those doses?

CJP1987

Awards
I'm not familiar with those ranges (suppose I could convert to my most recent tests) but ranges are not 100% tell tale sign of an issue. Some people naturally have out of range levels for various hormones, so if you have previous prolactin tests to compare to would help also.

I've recently come to find, crashing prolactin can be just as bad or worse than slightly high prolactin. I'd try the above (or Inhibit P captures most of it) and see how it turns out.

How do you feel? Currently my prolactin is outside of range by a smidge, I had prolactin issues when I was younger so we got a MRI to make sure it wasn't prolactinoma. Turns out it is probably from Kratom use. Anyway, symptoms seem to be low libido and one sensitive nipple for myself. No lump or anything just sensitive and slightly puffy.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Nah don't have prev results to compare against unfortunately, so no idea if this is close to my prev baseline levels.
in terms of how I am feeling... Generally mood wise not too bad, but had BAD testicular atrophy from the SD which didn't fully recover and then some ED issues, which lead me to see the GP etc, possibly slightly puffy nips and slight grisstley lumps but nothing too noticeable and not 100% sure if it is gyno relatated as its reducing as I am leaning out lately, but I think could still have been triggered by prolactin or prog being high. Also have some bad joint pain now and again too

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
thanks for the response. How long would you suggest taking the Vitamin b6 and vitamin E for at those doses?
No clue, honestly the only way to know would be more bloodwork. But if it hasn't lowered prolactin within 2-3 weeks it's probably not going to. May need a more agressive route.

My question is, do you have high prolactin side effects? Because if you don't I wouldn't bother messing with it.

Don't chase numbers in the absence of side effects

CJP1987

Awards

No clue, honestly the only way to know would be more bloodwork. But if it hasn't lowered prolactin within 2-3 weeks it's probably not going to. May need a more agressive route.

My question is, do you have high prolactin side effects? Because if you don't I wouldn't bother messing with it.

Don't chase numbers in the absence of side effects
Appreciate the advice. In terms of sides, i have testicular atrophy and some ED issues (had it for best part of 8-10 years), a blood test a while back showed kidney issues such as high UREA and elevated creatinine. Slight puffy nips with some hardness underneath but nothing too noticeable but could be mild gyno. Worst sides I’d say are balls, ED issues, low semen volumes and test on lower side (latest test result)

Attachments

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
P
Appreciate the advice. In terms of sides, i have testicular atrophy and some ED issues (had it for best part of 8-10 years), a blood test a while back showed kidney issues such as high UREA and elevated creatinine. Slight puffy nips with some hardness underneath but nothing too noticeable but could be mild gyno. Worst sides I’d say are balls, ED issues, low semen volumes and test on lower side (latest test result)
Any size hard lump under the nip, even as small as a pea is gyno. Try the B6 with vitamin e for a few weeks and see if it helps.

High urea and elevated creatinine dosent necessarily mean kidney issues, they regularly elevate after physical activity or a stressful situation. So if you had worked out within 48 hours of the test or were under stressful conditions it could be skewed, how's blood pressure?

CJP1987

Awards
P
Any size hard lump under the nip, even as small as a pea is gyno. Try the B6 with vitamin e for a few weeks and see if it helps.

High urea and elevated creatinine dosent necessarily mean kidney issues, they regularly elevate after physical activity or a stressful situation. So if you had worked out within 48 hours of the test or were under stressful conditions it could be skewed, how's blood pressure?
ok cheers I’ll try the b6 and vit e.

Regarding Kidneys - the only reason I think there may be issues with them is last time I tried taking a test booster (poss M test) was I kept getting really bad pain in my kidneys, so stopped taking the test booster. When I tried again I had the same response to it. Blood pressure, just checked and showing 69Bpm resting on my Apple Watch

CJP1987

Awards
Thats your heart rate, not your blood pressure, yeah?
Sorry yes you’re correct. I am unsure of my blood pressure, but never been flagged as an issue when checked by my GP