The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Processed foods (and food processing) are almost always discussed in a negative light. Here's a paper that provides the other side of the coin as well as the big picture.

From Alan Aragon posted on FB:

Processed foods: contributions to nutrition

Also, there is a priority to develop new technologies to preserve foods in a manner that increases their nutrient density and simultaneously decreases the constituents that have been identified as dietary components to limit. Finally, consumer definitions of processed foods need more research and education.

Nutrition and food science professionals, the food industry, and other stakeholders can help to improve the diets of Americans by providing a nutritious food supply that is safe, enjoyable, affordable, and sustainable; by communicating effectively and accurately with each other; and by working together to improve the overall knowledge of consumers.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
No issues with processed food here, even though 90% of my diet is not.

yenohregdab

yenohregdab

Awards
It was partly due to Alan that I started thinking about food in a completely different way. A few years ago when the whole IIFYM and IF started to take off everything changed for me personally.

Saved to read after work :)